Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Welcome to Enforcer.
There is no denying that this is a terrible game. The controls are horrible, the buildings are horrible, the missions again horrible. Even with the endless problems I feel that there is still some fun to be had in this, and chances of much of anyone picking it up are slim to none. I for some reason have, so join me in this crazy police adventure.

Story
While on duty you’ll need to remain ever vigilant and question any suspicious behaviour to protect your small American town from a rising criminal threat. Off duty you’ll need to visit friends, family and live life to its fullest. Your actions while at work and home affect your stress levels. If you spend too much time fighting crime, you will be under severe pressure that will affect your ability to uphold the law.

What We'll be doing
We will have to manage our frequent hunger cramps, sleep deprivation, and an rear end in a top hat police station that feels it's ok to make us pay for gas, car repairs, and taxi rides even though our car will follow us and usually beat us to our destinations.

This is a sandbox game with random missions. While not on the clock we can do fun activities like visit our grandparents and decorate our house.

I hope you'll join me, and assist me in this crazy ride. Let me know what we should do, and where we shall go.

Episode One: First day on the job. Figuring out how terrible of a world we live in. *Note: Audio isn't the greatest in this episode and it does run a bit long. Oops sorry.
Episode Two: Living the life. Struggling to survive.
Episode Three: Weak Cop Simulator.
Episode Four: Parking Maid Simulator.

More episodes to come after some feedback on where you would like to see this go. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynda
Nov 6, 2014
I applaud you for even thinking of Let's Playing this, the only other person I have seen play this for any amount of time was Jim Sterling who soon laughed and closed the game for good.

As for the videos (Update: Notice the audio level fix in episode 02) so far it's easily watchable and enjoyable, I noticed you cut out loading screens, keep checking for any needless scenes to cut out (like traveling) unless you have a great conversation going.

Cynda fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 6, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Probably a bit of a minor thing, but did the devs give you the green light for this cause usually there's a three month wait before posting an LP of a game.

Cynda
Nov 6, 2014

Niggurath posted:

Probably a bit of a minor thing, but did the devs give you the green light for this cause usually there's a three month wait before posting an LP of a game.

Sorry for interrupting but just to be clear does the 3 Month Rule apply to ALL Lets Play posts or just newly released games? (New User)

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Cynda posted:

Sorry for interrupting but just to be clear does the 3 Month Rule apply to ALL Lets Play posts or just newly released games? (New User)
As far as the rules are applied, a game that has been out for less than 3 months can be streamed or LP'ed with developer consent. It's fine to post about them, but making an LP of one is against the rules.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Ah glad to see a bit of interest! I'll do some more episodes then and cut out some travel, good idea!

It's more of a sandbox game than anything so I didn't think the 3 month thing would apply, but I'll email them now and ask!

Cynda
Nov 6, 2014

Niggurath posted:

As far as the rules are applied, a game that has been out for less than 3 months can be streamed or LP'ed with developer consent. It's fine to post about them, but making an LP of one is against the rules.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up Niggurath!

Hopefully the developers give you the OK Harminoff It would be interesting to see how the game acts once you have most of the completion.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Got an email back today!

quote:

Dear Customer,

Thank you in contacting us in regards to Let’s plays of enforcer.
We are completely open when it comes to Let’s plays. Feel free to record and post any let’s plays. We even allow youtubers to monetise the videos if they so wish.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many Regards
Tim

Full train ahead guys!

Cynda
Nov 6, 2014
Nice work man, surprised they where so open to it.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Woah. I was just thinking about LPing this game, but decided its alpha-like qualities were too much for presentation.

Prove me wrong!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hah I'm trying! Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve the series.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Sorry that it took so long to put out a new episode, but episode 3 is now available!

Got to say, it was a rough day for Officer Handro. A very rough day!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBjfxcWhuwQ

Cynda
Nov 6, 2014
Thanks for the new episode, glad that you included information about the latest updates for the game, you seem to be following the games development very closely.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Glad you enjoy it! And yeah the dev or at least their pr guy seems pretty awesome and actually makes fun of their own bugs. For example...

quote:

Our team of ninjas released a new update (1.0.2.3) during the middle of the night in an effort to prevent the technological advancement of flying cars in Mountain Valley. We’re hoping that they have succeeded and brought great honour to us all. Let us know if the flying cars persist!

One thing I'm a bit iffy on though is a few new features coming.

New Features
A donut store!
• Cut scenes when calling for ambulance and tow vehicles
A weapon store that will allow the player to purchase different guns
• More diverse missions
• Flashlight added for use on foot
• Check ID can trigger NPCS that are on the police’s most wanted list
• Ability to rebind game controls
• Controller support (this may be partial support initial)
Some NPCS will have body armour
• Mechanics added to all maps. When the player uses the radio to fix their vehicle, they will spawn at the mechanic
• Ability to go on and off duty from home and the police station
• Medal system
• One or more siren type for all four vehicles

Seems like some weird choices, but we'll see!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Put up a new episode. was an interesting night for Officer Handro. They either decided to go easy on him, or my game is bugged. I hope it's not bugged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0b-drM3lCI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, so you're supposed to monitor people for suspicious behavior.

...a task on par with checking Rapture for wet spots, I think.

• Locked thread