Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GAPO posted:

You obviously haven't seen me argue that the Jews aren't all controlling lizard people on SS, no one has ever been banned for wrongthink on SS. No matter how "liberal". There are plenty of voices of opposition, but to be banned you basically have to be Dr. Casio. Or make fun of my lawn.

So what makes SS different from thousands of other low traffic forums, aside from a disproportionate amount of bitching directed at SA? Is that an accurate description?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Yes, now we can truly live without fear of being temporarily prohibited from posting, on an internet forum. This is what Soldiers died for.

lol

I'd rather be banned than doxxed.

I dont think SA has an ideology except 'don't be a giant rear end in a top hat to other people'.

First of all, if you CAN be doxxed in real life, you're a complete loving moron who shouldn't be posting personal information on the internet. If you even care about getting doxxed purely on the internet which in no way effects your real life, you're a complete loser who actually gives a poo poo about e-cred, so you might as well just kill yourself.

Doxxing = "Oh no! My e-cred!"
SA Ban = "poo poo, there goes $10 or more, down the drain."

"Don't be a giant rear end in a top hat" is subjective to the one enforcing it, especially when the ones enforcing such an ideology are more than capable of being giant assholes, themselves.

GAPO
Apr 24, 2014

by Ralp

Effectronica posted:

That's not what I said. I'm pretty sure that Zeitguiest or Fire or Ozma or whoever, assuming they were dumb and/or ballsy enough to register over there, would be eventually banned, but what I'm talking about is dogpiling. Certain ideas or beliefs are acceptable to you and the average person who posts there, and certain are too ridiculous to be taken seriously, and no moderation to step in means that the "wrong" ideas would get you dogpiled. Like, if we take what you're saying seriously, we could just remove all mods from D&D and it would immediately become a good forum and completely tolerant to all ideas.

Butt Soup Barnes registered there to debate us and was not banned.

Yeah,"dogpiling" happens, it's happened to me for having "liberal" opinions. But at the end of the day it's no big deal and doesn't stop you from speaking your piece.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

liquorlanche posted:

First of all, if you CAN be doxxed in real life, you're a complete loving moron who shouldn't be posting personal information on the internet. If you even care about getting doxxed purely on the internet which in no way effects your real life, you're a complete loser who actually gives a poo poo about e-cred, so you might as well just kill yourself.

Doxxing = "Oh no! My e-cred!"
SA Ban = "poo poo, there goes $10 or more, down the drain."

"Don't be a giant rear end in a top hat" is subjective to the one enforcing it, especially when the ones enforcing such an ideology are more than capable of being giant assholes, themselves.

Okay, so if someone was careless with their personal information, they're retarded unless they're so boring they've never done or said anything potentially controversial. No wonder people like Ryan8723 make pseudojokes about how only yuppies and old people should be allowed to post.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

liquorlanche posted:

First of all, if you CAN be doxxed in real life, you're a complete loving moron who shouldn't be posting personal information on the internet. If you even care about getting doxxed purely on the internet which in no way effects your real life, you're a complete loser who actually gives a poo poo about e-cred.

It's a valid concern. People who hold grudges on the internet are more likely to show up and light your mailbox on fire. Look at what happened to Chris-Chan - can you say he deserved all of that? You can't ever underestimate the willingness of internet nerds to do actual IRL harm to people they don't like.

liquorlanche posted:

So? Do you demand rule of law on your private internet comedy forums?

GAPO posted:

Yeah,"dogpiling" happens, it's happened to me for having "liberal" opinions. But at the end of the day it's no big deal and doesn't stop you from speaking your piece.

It hasn't stopped me from speaking my piece here. Are my opinions too orthodox and fitting with the SJW agenda? Generally when people disagree with me I get yelled at and a big red title, not probation or a ban.

Bondage
Jun 9, 2008

by Ralp

Effectronica posted:

That's not what I said. I'm pretty sure that Zeitguiest or Fire or Ozma or whoever, assuming they were dumb and/or ballsy enough to register over there, would be eventually banned, but what I'm talking about is dogpiling. Certain ideas or beliefs are acceptable to you and the average person who posts there, and certain are too ridiculous to be taken seriously, and no moderation to step in means that the "wrong" ideas would get you dogpiled. Like, if we take what you're saying seriously, we could just remove all mods from D&D and it would immediately become a good forum and completely tolerant to all ideas.

What makes you think they don't already have accounts there?

I know SS has made fun of you in the past and perhaps that's why your are so buttburt about SS, but perhaps you can chill out. So you say SS is hypocritical? So what?

GAPO
Apr 24, 2014

by Ralp

Popular Thug Drink posted:

So what makes SS different from thousands of other low traffic forums

Nothing

ryan8723
May 18, 2004

Trust me, I read it on TexAgs.

Effectronica posted:

It would because that is basically SS. The fagmins are only there to keep actual illegal poo poo from happening and not to drive conversation, punish wrongthink, or be anything but invisible. If you say something dumb, people jump on you.

Of course SA thinks SS is all racist, evil white Rethuglicans when in reality it has people from the full spectrum.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ryan8723 posted:

Of course SA thinks SS is all racist, evil white Rethuglicans when in reality it has people from the full spectrum.

Letting this one stand as is.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Effectronica posted:

If Fire or Zeitgeust started posting on SS, they would not be banned unless they started spamming gore/NWS, they would be mocked and their ideas/arguments would be argued against but they wouldn't be banned for defending themselves

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
I think the only rule on SS is that you must never make a funny post there ever, in which case I feel like the proof is in the pudding

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I don't have a horse in this race, but I'm just gonna say that using the same username for years in everything you do online is really loving dumb.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

Effectronica posted:

Okay, so if someone was careless with their personal information, they're retarded

Yes, absolutely! This is literally the way things work.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

GAPO posted:

Butt Soup Barnes registered there to debate us and was not banned.

This is why people say SS has an ideology. Because you're convinced that the only reason any forum could be bad to post in is because of moderation. The idea that D&D is bad because dogpiling on certain opinions leads people with those opinions to either leave or start making really lovely posts that prompt bans and probations is simply inconceivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good luck with your forum, OP. Ganbatte kudasai!

• Locked thread