Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i wanted a toyota ractis but word was the CVT was unrealiable
might get a vitz

fuel efficiency is number 1 equal with reliablility and cheap spare parts also at number 1

i also heard cars have lots of global variables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:allears:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what happened to the old thread

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

also good morning Echi =)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there was a old one

good morning. about 5% hung. take kids to schoolio soon.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
whats on your agenda

i got three things to achive thismronignb

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i've been driving a 96 tbird since 2006. it had ~85k miles when i got it and now it has just over 190k. it's been really solid and pleasant to drive, although now it's getting old enough and worn enough that i'd rather put money towards a different car

the bitch of it is that the 3500 that got that tbird doesn't seem to get as nice a car any more. i guess the used car market really got hosed up between the economy going into the shitter and that cash for clunkers thing a few years ago. i guess maybe i just need to resign myself to dropping something more like 5500 or something like that. idk.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

what's that box under the front of the car?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
:iiaca:

if car = computer + wheels

then computer = car - wheels

so this is a computer:

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
hmmmmmm

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what's that box under the front of the car?
it's a power supply for the car so while it's on display at carshows or a dealer things like the windows, door locks, sunroof, etc can be used without draining the battery

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.gfycat.com/FearlessWhiteFrenchbulldog

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i've been driving a 96 tbird since 2006. it had ~85k miles when i got it and now it has just over 190k. it's been really solid and pleasant to drive, although now it's getting old enough and worn enough that i'd rather put money towards a different car

the bitch of it is that the 3500 that got that tbird doesn't seem to get as nice a car any more. i guess the used car market really got hosed up between the economy going into the shitter and that cash for clunkers thing a few years ago. i guess maybe i just need to resign myself to dropping something more like 5500 or something like that. idk.

yeah im loking about droping 10grand

sucks
money takes time to earn and like no time to spend

i hate it so much

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

whats on your agenda

i got three things to achive thismronignb

i've got a few things on the cards, sister in law just picked up one of my children for kindergarten then i need to go INTO TOWN to go grocery shopping then I should start studying for my exam tomorrow. Most of these things will be accomplished with the use of a car, which mine is a Hyundai. Bog standard, but good enough for me. Boy the zip of that diesel motor! boy oh boy!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

echinopsis posted:

i wanted a toyota ractis but word was the CVT was unrealiable
might get a vitz

fuel efficiency is number 1 equal with reliablility and cheap spare parts also at number 1

i also heard cars have lots of global variables

"ractis" is "racist" spelled backwards. just something to consider...

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug

Werthog 95 posted:

"ractis" is "racist" spelled backwards. just something to consider...

hosed up if true

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

THe used car market here is getting better. In 2011 I bought a 2002 Corolla for $7K, hosed up. Prices have come down a lot.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm starting to see cars that move under their own power going for like $900-$1500, which would have been unthinkable four years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

this seems to settle it tbh

• Locked thread