Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Problem description: Everything was working fine until recently. When the power button is pressed, the button lights up, but the computer does not boot. I cannot power down the computer by holding the power button. I have to manually turn off the I/O switch on the back of the case. I tried multiple times to power on the computer after waiting a few days. Still no go. Nothing appears on screen. I noticed that the case fans, cpu fan, graphic card fan is not working. I can feel the power supply fan working. I can hear and feel the hard drive working. The DVD-Drive is also functional. Maybe motherboard is dead?

Attempted fixes: I did some research and tried resetting the CMOS jumpers and CMOS battery. That did not help.

Recent changes: No recent changes.

--

Operating system: e.g. windows 7 ultimate 64bit

System specs: All parts are about two months old except for my graphics card/cpu cooler
ASROCK|H97M PRO4 LGA 1150 R
I5-4590
XFX 69502gb
WD Blue 1 TB
samsung 840evo
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb
seasonic g-series 550w
hyper 212 cooler
Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 Mini Tower

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

That sounds like the motherboard. Check its manual, see if the color of that diagnostic light means anything.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I checked my motherboard and manual. I could not find lights or information on it. If there were any, nothing was turned on. USB and ps/2 ports also do not seem to power up either.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

THE DANIELNATOR posted:

I checked my motherboard and manual. I could not find lights or information on it. If there were any, nothing was turned on. USB and ps/2 ports also do not seem to power up either.

Well, if the motherboard is dead, there really isn't anything you can do to fix it. All you can do is test to converge on the problem. If you have more than one ram stick, take the rest out, and test with each stick. Try changing CPUs. But if it isn't responding to the power-on signal, it's almost certainly the motherboard.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to request a RMA with Newegg and Asrock. Hopefully, it'll go smoothly. Thanks again.

• Locked thread