Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

I haven't played in a while, what's going on right now?

The second League (a like two month period where you play a fresh Ironman account with restrictions and faster xp gain) is starting this week, which may actually be a good time to start as you can get a taste of what the game has to offer at different levels. I'm gonna be using it as a chance to try out high level content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God help me but I started this again. In ironman, no less. What's wrong with my brain.

Also jesus RS3 is almost unidentifiable. So much anime looking poo poo.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Can someone auth me on Discord please? Joined up as Yuki

In-game as Penny Frost, somehow I'm still in the clan :v:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Leagues launch time is locked in apparently. A big info dump news post is scheduled for 6am eastern time tomorrow and the update is set to launch at 8am.

The news post should cover the remaining unknowns, primarily relic info for tiers 2-6.

One additional relic was discussed on a stream last week, Tier 5, Relic #3 adds 1/10th of your total level in experience to every action. So if you have a fast method of getting experience drops that's normally very low experience (catch + release clockwork mice for example or blast furnace actions), it may end up being OP for the league vs traditional methods.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

and thats the way it was posted:

Rs3 is chill and fun. You don't really gain much benefit from mtx and don't need to do it if you don't want to.

This is the correct take.

Also, this pandemic sucks. Don't leave your house. Play Rs3.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

play ironman and forget about worrying about relative efficiency between raw materials, the market, and xp gained. removing the temptation to sell off all your raw materials on the ge so you can buy your way into more efficient xp gains was such a huge burden lifted for me and greatly improved my enjoyment of the game.

plus it's "fun" to grind for your first dragon pick on daggonoth rex, or hunt your first barrows weapon.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Hooplah posted:

play ironman and forget about worrying about relative efficiency between raw materials, the market, and xp gained. removing the temptation to sell off all your raw materials on the ge so you can buy your way into more efficient xp gains was such a huge burden lifted for me and greatly improved my enjoyment of the game.

plus it's "fun" to grind for your first dragon pick on daggonoth rex, or hunt your first barrows weapon.

Conversely, I don't play RS for rogue-like experiences. I'm glad of the QoL updates for people that like the mmo part more than the rpg part.

It's pretty cool that a permadeath no-assist community exists inside the normal game as a hardmode option and it's definitely worth a try.

Maybe I'll change my tone after I max.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i'm not playing the permadeath mode, that poo poo sucks. you're thinking of hardcore. ironman just means you can't interact with other players

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I know Ironman is not really for everybody but it has one perk which is massively underappreciated: if I play and stop playing because I'm bored of the game, I can come back in few months and be exactly in the place I left. My gear didn't lost value, my eq is as it was, I don't need to worry about trading and losing gold, etc.

It basically makes the game chill.

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
Found a guy.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Out of curiosity, how badly am I gimping myself I opt to use legacy combat? I don't really like dealing with the abilities, I just want to click bad guys and watch it play out. Is that gonna hurt me in the long run?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
You'll probably be fine at early levels, but it's worth it to just use one of the premade revolution bars since it's almost totally fire and forget.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Out of curiosity, how badly am I gimping myself I opt to use legacy combat? I don't really like dealing with the abilities, I just want to click bad guys and watch it play out. Is that gonna hurt me in the long run?

It's a substantial dps and survivability loss. My best recommendation is to look at the wiki and use one of the pre-fab bars there and just set it all to revolution (automatic cast), as that's still a big upgrade.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
I'm back once again, Hawt Jon in-game and on Discord. Let's do lots of afk stuff and pretend we are still good at the game and such.

Edit: I am currently between jobs and playing OSRS all day, so if anyone wants to do some bossing or general PVM let me know in-game, I'm always in the CC

Professor Oak fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 23, 2020

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Thanks for the recommendation folks. The pre-fab revolutions are exactly what I need.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Rosettas posted:

Found a guy.

How I've missed Goonscape

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth
95sailcough, reporting for the endless grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
It has been a little over 6 years of this thread existing. If you haven't seen it yet, Toshimo has stepped up to the plate to grace us with a new one for the next year 10 years!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949231