Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I played through Might and Magic X and didn't find it all that good. I bought it based on fond memories of M&M 7 and 8. Pretty much the entire game I was just carried by two characters while the other two acted as healers. I didn't even find it that difficult, it was just another case of this "open world" game where you take two steps out of the linear path and the monsters you're not supposed to fight yet just kill you. Do things in the right order and it's fine.

That said, I'd still watch the hell out of an LP of it.

Also, compliments to Olesh on the vocal training, it's really paying off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Nighthand posted:

I played through Might and Magic X and didn't find it all that good. I bought it based on fond memories of M&M 7 and 8. Pretty much the entire game I was just carried by two characters while the other two acted as healers. I didn't even find it that difficult, it was just another case of this "open world" game where you take two steps out of the linear path and the monsters you're not supposed to fight yet just kill you. Do things in the right order and it's fine.

That said, I'd still watch the hell out of an LP of it.

Also, compliments to Olesh on the vocal training, it's really paying off.

Thats similar to my experience. Like I said in the video I didn't beat the game because of a bug I tried playing it twice actually, the first time I had a classical warrior warrior rogue mage party and I found that the enemy just dealt way too much murder for me to handle it. I had to reroll with a party with a priest and i think a paladin who mainly functioned as a buff bot in order to make progress.

I have some other LPs planned first but I may do Might and Magic X eventually. It's still my style of game despite it's flaws.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I remember having a barbarian who had a weapon I found somewhere that did like triple the damage of every other character I had, and I had a fire mage to AoE the poo poo out of the mobs of enemies, which came in handy in the final area because it seemed like some gigantic gauntlet of tons of dudes ready and willing to murder you. Then a paladin and a ranger for healing, the ranger occasionally trying to use the bow and getting a few chips in on anything out of range of the barbarian.

Normally in these games I do what I can to try to get all the achievements but since MMX wasn't a steam game I decided to ignore the ones that involved too much senseless backtracking.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I have it on steam, I'm pretty sure anyway.

*double check*

Yep right there. Came with a free copy of MM6 too.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Hahaha Olesh what the gently caress did you do for your commentary.

Once I read that Agent didn't know there was a difference, I'm giggling over pretty much every joke because it's so seamlessly done but so confusing

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It's on steam but when you launch it, it launches uPlay, which is where the cheevos hide. Mine didn't come with anything, but I might have gotten it from a holiday sale, I honestly don't remember.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oh yah I remember now. good ole ubisoft doesn't share it's achievements with steam most of the time.

The funny thing with Olesh's commentary is that at some point the girl's voice refers to Olesh in the third person. Which I'm pretty sure I never heard in the skype call, which makes me think Olesh really did sit Strippedfrog down and make her record 45 minutes of audio just for a joke. Which is some serious dedication.

I don't know, I'm totally lost. Maybe when Olesh is done doing his saturday night stuff he'll tell us what happened.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I completely believe one of them made a joke about doing it to gently caress with you, they laughed about how great an idea it was, and it escalated into actually happening. Possibly with multiple takes due to giggling.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

"The Fear" in a high, loud, girly voice nowhere near like how the Fear says his name, and Agent conceding that impersonation as better, is my favorite moment so far. :allears:

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Agent355 posted:

The funny thing with Olesh's commentary is that at some point the girl's voice refers to Olesh in the third person. Which I'm pretty sure I never heard in the skype call, which makes me think Olesh really did sit Strippedfrog down and make her record 45 minutes of audio just for a joke. Which is some serious dedication.

This is why I mysteriously couldn't upload my audio for him right away. I needed time to sit down and have my wife rerecord it. Otherwise it would have been posted a day earlier.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Agent355 posted:

I legitimately have no idea.

Olesh was just Olesh for our skype call and sounded fine to me, but in the recording he sent me afterward it sounds a whole lot like StrippedFrog his wife. i don't know if it was a voice modulator or if he just got her to repeat all his lines to screw with me!

Have to wait for him to chime in I guess.

Olesh posted:

This is why I mysteriously couldn't upload my audio for him right away. I needed time to sit down and have my wife rerecord it. Otherwise it would have been posted a day earlier.

This is straight up the best trick I have seen yet in an LP. Well done Olesh, well done indeed :golfclap:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Olesh is the best LP commentator. :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So, about that one rock that got left behind... :v: Not that I mind, because that joke is also kinda tired and silly.

Olesh and Strippedfrog's commentary trickery, however... Now that's a good joke. :allears: I'm also glad to hear about the plans for La-Mulana 2.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 24, 2015

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Agent355 posted:

Oh yah I remember now. good ole ubisoft doesn't share it's achievements with steam most of the time.

I don't know, I'm totally lost. Maybe when Olesh is done doing his saturday night stuff he'll tell us what happened.

Unlike you who ABANDONED a rock

You Monster.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I was told the last episode was the Last Episode. I am shocked that you would betray us all like this. Shocked I say! :bahgawd:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Slaan posted:

I was told the last episode was the Last Episode. I am shocked that you would betray us all like this. Shocked I say! :bahgawd:

Last episode was the last episode. Until it wasn't.

Clearly, at the time, you weren't being lied to. :colbert:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the architecture in this dungeon. Things have been pretty plain up to this point.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Like, when is the next episode coming out? I mean, I see you're LPing a new game, but what has happened here?

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Olesh posted:

Is she a voice actress? If not she should be. I was totally convinced you were a lady. Well done.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm not dead! I'm just lazy.

New episode should be out soonish, I think there will only be 2 episodes left before we've finished the main game.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!

SlayVus posted:

Like, when is the next episode coming out? I mean, I see you're LPing a new game, but what has happened here?

Wait, Agent's started a new LP? I didn't know about this

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.

ousire posted:

Wait, Agent's started a new LP? I didn't know about this

It's in the roguelike megathread. He's been doing videos of crypt of the necrodancer.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So, while waiting for this thread to update, I went back and re-watched the whole La-Mulana LP. And I can definitely see where people who like that game would enjoy this one, and vice versa. At least this one doesn't have quite as much backtracking. (I'm looking at you, Shrine of the Mother. And you, mantras.)

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Not that I've updated necrodancer in the past 2 weeks or w/e either. I'm really slacking.

Also I promised to start caves of qud and I haven't done that either!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Having computer troubles again? I'd hate to see this game go under, especially seeing how much closer we are to the end.

• Locked thread