Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

It was genuinely kind of hosed up and upsetting having Nana see her adult son physically abusing her grandson. That's some really heavy stuff, and I'm not sure if the text even accurately acknowledges how upsetting that would be for someone in Nana's position.

Edit: and to have it happen because of her own actions/choices, and with a son that (IIRC) she last knew as a young child before she died

it seems extremely extremely obvious we should've cut 10-20% of the lead up for more time with this alone. It's one of the most potentially actually interesting character beats in the entire series and because horikoshi won't engage with the world or characters he made and has no interest in the interior lives of women it just lands with a thud.

e: like the actual text will never explore the idea that nana pretty obviously simultaneously succeeded and failed re: her son, on her own terms, by both saving his life and materially contributing to the defeat of the baddest guy but also failing to build a world where her son would be cared for, let alone any observations that go beyond that surface level, and the few panels we get can't carry that.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

FireWorksWell posted:

On one hand I agree, but on the other,

If you read it left to right it's like he stomped the evil baby after gloating about doing it

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 19, 2024

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Kanos posted:

So, Shigaraki? :haw:

They actually have a character in this arc who actively didn't want to be redeemed and continually lashed out at the people trying to help him to the point of blowing himself up into a flaming skeleton in the process of trying to kill those people in Dabi, and the manga still came down on the "we still want to save him" side of things.

I'm still not sure we can consider Dabi "saved" considering he's a blind torso at this point.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Eggplant Squire posted:

If you read it left to right it's like he stomped the evil baby after gloating about doing it

The better ending.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The real villain was child abuse all along.

Please forget about endeavor.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Ya make two unbeatable super bosses. So broken, they are, that one of em is defeated moreso by their own idiocy than the actions of any one hero. The other...uhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah I dunno, mind palace this poo poo.

I'm not as down on this chapter as I sound, but taking it all in big picture I just think the invincible final boss poo poo needs to go. I've rarely been entertained by it. Maybe Cars from Jojo?

Did you ever finish Metal Gear Rising?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

If they do a "I'm redeemed, now time to die instantly" ending I'll be annoyed. I hate that poo poo so much.

Shigaraki bravely sacrifices himself to destroy Mt. Fuji, the real villain of the series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RareAcumen posted:

Did you ever finish Metal Gear Rising?

If Deku screamed "Jack is back" and then fist of the north star'd Shigaraki we'd be living on the best timeline

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If they do a "I'm redeemed, now time to die instantly" ending I'll be annoyed. I hate that poo poo so much.

I mean, I don't think it's terribly likely, given how most other characters Deku has reached out to have survived through pretty clear death flags.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Mirko: Besides... this isn't my fist. Or my leg.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

bakugo got to kill off an irredeemable shithead and deku's taking his shot at redeeming an rear end in a top hat who thinks he's an irredeemable shithead

like peanut butter and chocolate

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Deku redeems Shiggy who turns into a widdle kid.

Bakugo then comes along and kills said kid because Bakugo isn't loving around.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Two for one deals on evil babies??

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Shiggy successfully blows up Japan, leaving himself and Deku as the only survivors of the named cast. Shiggy flies off to do the same thing for the Yellowstone supercaldera. Deku knows he is so close to breaking through to him!

Fans broadly agree it's fine since 99.9% of victims were background characters, tragic backstories means no agency, and shiggy was not an evil baby.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Deku tells him if he keeps up there won’t be a PS6

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

bobjr posted:

Deku tells him if he keeps up there won’t be a PS6

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Reminder that the MHA anime comes back in May

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a43376851/my-hero-academia-season-7-release-date-trailer/

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
How long has it been since the last chapter? It feels like it's been a week, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention. I only realized it's been a while after hearing that leaks for this week's chapter just dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

How long has it been since the last chapter? It feels like it's been a week, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention. I only realized it's been a while after hearing that leaks for this week's chapter just dropped.

March 17th. It was a break week.