Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

CousinKevin posted:

I went to the Call of Duty black ops 2 midnight launch and there were guys standing outside the store drinking bud light and everyone was talking about how they don't think the game is going to be very good but it is going to have zombies so they have to buy it

Jesus, it's like i'm there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sqyul
Jan 20, 2014

Oh, I don't know that she's as attractive as Jack Nicklaus...
I went to the BF3 midnight launch and it was full of 12 year olds dressed like soldiers, I think a few even had airsoft guns it was embarrassing.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

sqyul posted:

I went to the BF3 midnight launch and it was full of 12 year olds dressed like soldiers, I think a few even had airsoft guns it was embarrassing.

im sure you are much cooler than 12 year olds

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember picking up dark souls 2 on midnight but only because Titanfall released the same day and there were dudes who got the full little Titan package and I was like 'woah'

sqyul
Jan 20, 2014

Oh, I don't know that she's as attractive as Jack Nicklaus...

Swelter Discharge posted:

im sure you are much cooler than 12 year olds

hey, i never went that far...

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
only game i ever picked up at midnight was gta4 because i had literally nothing else to do and quite fancied a late night walk and was planning to get it anyway the next day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

only game i ever picked up at midnight was gta4 because i had literally nothing else to do and quite fancied a late night walk and was planning to get it anyway the next day

and how do you smell

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

elf help book posted:

and how do you smell

with my nose

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
the only midnight 'release' I do is inside of your mom, OP

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Human posted:

the only midnight 'release' I do is inside of your mom, OP

:wth:!

Op, i dont think ive been to a brick and mortar store at release ever in my life. i tend to never leave my house unless its an emergency

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother picked up diablo 3 at gamestop at midnight (he likes physical copies or something) and there was a fat guy there that just wouldn't shut the gently caress up about skyrim and he thought he was absolutely hilarious and kept cracking bad jokes, usually ones that ended with "like skyrim, right?!" and "Am I the only dragonborn here??" i really really wish i was loving kidding

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I went to the FF13 midnight launch with my homeboy and there was a hyperactive anime fangirl everyone knew (and hosed) in highschool.

(I never hosed her)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As a morbidly obese gamer, I'd really appreciate if this forum would stop with all the body shaming. All gamers are equal, in the eyes of the Lord.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

my brother picked up diablo 3 at gamestop at midnight (he likes physical copies or something) and there was a fat guy there that just wouldn't shut the gently caress up about skyrim and he thought he was absolutely hilarious and kept cracking bad jokes, usually ones that ended with "like skyrim, right?!" and "Am I the only dragonborn here??" i really really wish i was loving kidding

That was me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Lol if you buy anything the day it comes out instead of waiting until it goes on sale.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Lol if you buy anything the day it comes out instead of waiting until it goes on sale.

Lol if you think anyone here even had a fraction of an instant of consideration of your thoughts on any subject, let alone this one.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

No need to get so defensive. I'm just saying..

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Thanks to whoever changed your big ugly Macklemore av

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
i went to a midnight release of X and Y, and by that i mean i went with a few friends, waited ten minutes for it to get to midnight, and bought the game without waiting in line because it was a meijer and they are open 24/7

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

FreudianSlippers posted:

No need to get so defensive. I'm just saying..

yeah? well DON"T

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I went to the Gamecube midnight release. It was pretty cool, Gamecube was a rad system, though nothing came out at launch where it was really necessary if I recall right. It was nice because it was at a 24/7 Wal Mart so we could all wait inside.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

there was this cop there when i went to pick of a zelda 3ds xl @ midnight and this was also the same night for the xbox one release and the cop asked me what i was there for and my response to him was to have a good time.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

mdm posted:

nothing came out at launch where it was really necessary if I recall right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izR_Lrt8T0E

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

sqyul posted:

Those preteens are loving rad, and you're a loser for being a game-shamer

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

gay skull posted:

(I never hosed her)

Im immersed

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Wormskull posted:

As a morbidly obese gamer, I'd really appreciate if this forum would stop with all the body shaming. All gamers are equal, in the eyes of the Lord.

No shame in the body game

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

gay skull posted:

I went to the FF13 midnight launch with my homeboy and there was a hyperactive anime fangirl everyone knew (and hosed) in highschool.

(I never hosed her)

was the game worth it, gay skull

was it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gay skull posted:

(I never hosed her)

Is she single?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
EBgames just called me to tell me they're having a midnight launch for Smash Bros. and if i have a Platinum EDGE card I can cut to the front of the line and be one of the first people to pick it up.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

EBgames just called me to tell me they're having a midnight launch for Smash Bros. and if i have a Platinum EDGE card I can cut to the front of the line and be one of the first people to pick it up.

So you can save yourself like what 15 minutes?

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
i thought eb games went the way of babbages and funcoland

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
In canada,gamestop is called ebgames, its the same company though.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

they used to sell computer stuff too

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i must compose posted:

in the US they merged with gamestop but i think EB is still around in australia and canada

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

i must compose posted:

Also I thought Babbages became Game Stop?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

pretty sure that came out a couple of weeks after launch

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Congratulations!

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I went to the Pokemon X/Y midnight release with my brother-in-law and we were the only adults there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Nostradingus posted:

I went to the Pokemon X/Y midnight release with my brother-in-law and we were the only adults there.

I wish my sister would marry someone that cool

• Locked thread