Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonon Nonohara

"When in doubt, rip it out." I don't remember where I heard that phrase, but it sounds like a good idea right now! I start prying out bits of the circuitry. What could possibly go wrong?

Luck 2 ==> 1d6*2 = 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Sabrina

As the action starts ramping up around her, Sabrina's senses start to return to her. So do her wits - at least partially. The static from the failed spell crakling in the air around her gives her an idea. Maybe a bad and dangerous one, but considering the threat the robot poses, it at least seems worth going for. Grand Evocations were not exactly Sabrina's specialty or even something she's been studying a lot, but in this situation, a lightning bolt into the exposed parts of the robot seems like a good idea.

"Get away from the robot! It's about to get dangerous!", she remembers that warning the others before unleashing the lightning might be a good idea, too. Then she focuses her mind on the spell, trying to recall everything about it. Then she remembers: a material component is needed! A piece of amber or crystal, but where would she find one here?

Luck to find the material component: 2*1d6 12

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Period One

Nonon has to heave against the button to pop it out, but that's only because she's pretty tiny. A bigger person could poke the thing and it'd fall out of the case.

The phone fairy now has one crazy-rear end hypertech mystery button.

Meanwhile, Sabrina considers her options for spell components. Thinking back to freshman year Thaumaturgy, she recalls that magic is more picky about material science than user intent, which is why spellcasting used to go so bad back in the day. A copper baton is traditional for lightning magic, but really anything with a regular molecular structure would do. Crystal, for instance.

... like, maybe, all that armor glass scattered across the floor? Sure, it's laminated, but it's easy enough to find a piece that's been stripped by the force of impact in all this debris. Some quick work washing off the gunk and dust under one of the sprinklers, careful not to touch the edges, and bam, one thaumoconductor, ready made.

Frank, take a plot point for remembering that material components are inconvenient.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
Makoto
1 Plot Point

Makoto continues her rambunctious charge up the arm, full of determination and most unladylike burning spirit! This was great! It really was like she was a manga or anime heroine! If only she could see herself being a badass. Ah, the curse of the hero, to be blinded by their own perspective! Her weird train of thought ended as she reached the end of the arm and crested the metal monster's shoulder. There, Makoto did the only logical thing a hero of her calibre would do! Leap into the air and come crashing down on the robot's head with her sword, of course!

But... but wait! She needed a cool name for this attack to call out!

Already she could feel herself starting to descend towards destiny, bringing her sword to bear, "uh... uh..."

Oh no, the moment was going to be ruined! So not like an anime at all...! This was a disaster! Makoto closed her eyes, crying out an attack name in desperation and want of a better attack name, "...Heavenly Gravity Pierce!!!"

All the best attack names started with heavenly, right?

Makoto Heavenly Gravity Pierce!!!: Athletics, 2*1d6 6

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Misugi Momo
1 Plot Point

On the robot's arm, the cat-girl Momo started trying to climb the creature. It was just like gymnastics, running the balance beam, she told herself. Only it was wider and moving and attached to a giant, school-destroying robot. And maybe it had an off button! Makoto was putting on a great show, and she even had cool names, just like Magical Fighter Tatara! Man, how could would it be to... Oh, right, robot fight! And with Momo's luck what it was to land on that arm, she decided to push it further, and to use those gymnastic skills to shut it down before Makoto could destroy the thing. A little friendly competition never hurt, right?

She started scrambling up the thing's arm, using her tail to keep her balance and reach the head.

Athletics to Climb atop the Robot: 3*1d6 12

Once she got there, she waved at Makoto. "Hey, Mako! Listen, there's, like, totally an off switch somewhere! Don't destroy school equipment, let's just fix it!"

And then she started looking for the button.

Cunning to find the Button: 1*1d6 3

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Period One

Makoto reels back and jams her sword deep into the robot's neck-bits. There's a cracking noise, and part of the machine's armored carapace breaks open to reveal the creamy circuit-y bits inside. You could do all kinds of damage up in there.

Meanwhile, Momo is bounced, tossed, jostled and otherwise hastened to the top of the robot on the power of good fortune. There's actually a handhold up here, like you're supposed to ride on the robot's shoulder. Makoto must have missed it in her stabbing frenzy.

Over by the handle is a small red button marked α and a little plastic box that's hinged and locked.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Makoto
1 Plot Point

The cyborg isn't entirely convinced by Momo's reasoning, offering her insightful counterpoint, "if the school didn't want it destroyed, then they wouldn't have attacked us with it in the first place!"

With that, Makoto peeks into the exposed interior, wondering if there was a spine or something to sever. That would sort of be like what Momo suggested, not quite an off switch per-se, but disabling the mammoth machine rather than completely destroying would be pretty close! There's gotta be something promising in here somewhere! A simple on-the-fly googling of 'what to cut inside of a giant robot' was totally unhelpful!

Looking for a good Thing to cut: Cunning, 1*1d6 4

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Sabrina
2 plot points

With the improvised thaumoconductor in hand, Sabrina steps up to the edge of what remains of the classroom. "Makoto, get your head out of there or I'll not only the robot's circuits, but you, too!", she shouts, hoping she can hear her over all this ruckus. Carefully holding the shard in front of her, Sabrina starts concentrating on her spell. The focus is not perfect and so directing the astral forces to take the shape she wants becomes hard work, not only mentally, but physically as well.

Guts to channel mana into a lightning bolt: 2*1d6 8

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Gonna wait a little bit more for the others, but Bahamut and FF, have a plot point for posting during this tumultuous holiday period.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
What can I use Plot Points for? I don't know Maid at all. Also, would Luck be an appropriate thing to roll to try to find the button again, or am I down to trying to redouble my Cunning efforts now?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

PP (tee hee) can be used to add +1 to a stat before a roll, to reduce your Stress by 2d6, or trigger your own random event on the table in the back of the book.

If you can come up with a clever idea to use it, go right ahead and use whatever stat you like.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ayumu
1 Plot point

Sorry for being so quiet. I just couldn't think of how to contribute to the scene. I just got an idea, though.

Ayumu's dead fish eyes darted across the room as it followed the ricocheting of her paper. When it finally landed safely next to Nonon, the dead fish eyes stared off into the distance. "1 horrible shot, 1 paper clip missed its mark, 1 failure of an elf." Ayumu thought coldly to herself. Nonon used the paper clip to pry open the remote and begin fiddling with its contents. Ayumu, even in her delusional stated, used this chance to utter "All according to keikaku." Then, a surge of clarity went up Ayumu's spine and she shook her head powerfully. While her hair wasn't back to how it was post-salon, the afro had went away and scoff marks had vanished from her hair and clothes. With horror, her mind came back to her body and realized what had occurred.

"Oh God! Oh God! Oh God!" she cried in her head, "What have I done? I made a complete fool of myself in front of everyone. I can't believe I let myself slip into Umuya-mode like that over something so minor! I thought Albert Bandura could do something about this problem, but I suppose he wasn't worth the daddy's money I spent on him!"

Ayumu's eyes darted from the left-side to the right-side of the room and back again. "It looks like everyone is either focusing on the professor or focusing on the robot. I doubt they noticed me. I think...I can make this work," Ayumu thought to herself. Ayumu jumped up onto her desk and crossed her arms. She turned her head towards the teacher and cried, "Professor, and class, it's time for me to demonstrate the professor's lessons to the class: how to properly roleplay an rpg character! As a model student, it's my duty to make sure such lessons stick with the student! You see, the trick is you look over your character sheet for what you're best at, memorize that, and then match your behavior in such a way to always take advantage of it. Like so!"

Ayumu pointed her index finger towards Coach McGurk and put her palm to her hip. "Coach,is your common tongue becoming parched?" Ayumu takes her hand from her hip and pulls out over 500,000 yen from shirt, "If you promise to leave our class in peace, I'll give you enough beer money to satiate your plebeian desires until the end of your lowborn life!"

Ayumu uses cunning: 1d6 x 2 = 3 x 2 = 6: It's Moderately Effective!

"If my plan seems foolish, one must remember, that Coach McGurk was a drunkard before becoming our school's iron guardian. Even made of steal and bolts, he won't resist the offer for a lifetime supply of alcohol." The smuggest grin creeps over Ayumu's face as she awaits Coach McGurk's response.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Misugi Momo
1 Plot Point

Momo starts fretting around for the button on the top of the robot. She had previously been spending time trying to remember the exact lesson they had learned on "Robot Disarmament Day" for disabling the TS-2550 School Robot, but remembered that she had been busy thinking about why Canadians were so dry instead of paying attention. You know, so dry that they made a whole series of company about it. And didn't it snow a lot there? Well snow was sort of dry, when it was so cold that it was all frosted to the ground, but then there were lakes in Canada, right? So why couldn't they just--

Momo's grip on the hand rail on the robot's head almost gave way as the thing moved to collect its ransom, and it would have meant a long fall but for her catlike grace. At least that's what the ice skating teacher had called--oh right, robot! There wasn't any chance in finding the thing's switch with her brain, so Momo decided to practice the age-old mantra: "If you can't be good, be lucky."

So, perched on the robot's shoulder, clinging to the small hand bar there, she started opening up the panels on the side of its head at random, looking for the appropriate "OFF" button.

Luck to find the Off button (3 Luck): 3*1d6 12

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Period One

The lure of Ayumu's dad's money is so potent that the unmanned giant robot is compelled to stop its rampage for a brief moment. Silence, apart from the tinkling of safety glass and the dripping of the sprinklers, descends on the room. The enormous hand, the size of a commuter car, reaches gently into the classroom to take the bill-

Which promptly falls to the ground and through the floor as Makoto stabs it in the vulnerables and Sabrina blasts it with lightning. The robot begins to plummet from the side of the tower, on its way to bounce gently down the side of Mt. Fuji and hopefully not roll into a populated district several kilometers away.

Momo's luck holds out, as while the shifting robot flings her away from the off button, it hurls her into Makoto and launches the two students back into the classroom before they fall to their untimely demise with the machine.

The sprinklers shut off and the alarm klaxons deactivate as the school bell tolls Elsewhere. Mr. Rubidium looks up at the clock. "Ah, well. Class dismissed for today. Don't forget the paper due next week!"

Yep.

Taking suggestions for period two's theme.

E: yay the forums work again now this is only five hours late

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Makoto
2 Plot Points

Makoto blinks, looking up at the ceiling while she waits for her internal GPS to return her new coordinates to her. At least it was a familiar looking ceiling.

Momo appeared to be on top of her, splayed out in a similarly uncool fashion.

"This is not like how it ends in the Vanaheim CLASH! manga at all," the cyborg girl astutely observes. Realizing that Momo might not have been reading the manga and possibly was only watching the anime, she hesitantly continued, "..I hope I didn't spoil anything. I don't suppose, Misugi-chan, that you could get up please?"

Going to re-suggest 'Complicated Battle English!' as a course.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonon Nonohara

I fit the button in my bag, if only barely. I'll have to ask Makoto about it when there's time. She seems to understand technology stuff. Are all human schools this... action-y? What little I've seen of their TV shows hasn't really answered that question.

is it all right if i stick with my old class name idea? work has my brain fried lately

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Misugi Momo
1 Plot Point

Wait, what about the -- Woah, flying, woah, classroom! But what an excellent landing spot Makoto had made! Wait, landing spot! Momo clambered to her way to her feet, flush with embarrassment. "Oh, so sorry, Makoto! I mean I never meant to land on you, it wasn't like my plan or anything. Not that there really was a plan, you know?"

Offering her hand to Makoto, she continued. "I mean you looked all cool with your battle tactics and I just wanted to -- wait, what do you mean, how it ends in the Vanaheim CLASH! manga? Do they fight a giant robot?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ayumu
1 Plot point

As the robot falls, Ayumu remains in her stance: money in hand and arm outstretched. Her eyes, however, have turned to shock.

"Uhhh...," she mutters in her own head, "That wasn't how I planned this to go..."

Sweat begins to pour down her head as the professor, who she hoped to impress along with the class, dismisses class. As people begin to shuffle, Ayumu can't help, but wonder how foolish she must look.

"I made this big display and nothing happened! All that bravado! Not to mention I even risked flaunting daddy's money in front of commoners! What's worse? The risk of a plebeian mugging me at lunch or commoners thinking of me as haughty!? It's like I can feel their under financed stares burn my skin!" Ayumu tries her best to fight off the urge to grab the top of her head. Then, however, her sweat stops as an idea hatches. "I can make this work."

Ayumu stuffs her money in her blouse and runs up to the ones who defeated the monster being sure to grab Momo's arm before turning back to the class. "As you can see, my party of...friends and I were able to defeat the robot and end the encounter." She bellows this as the other classmates shuffle out the door. "Remember, everyone has their role in an traditional role playing game and be sure to play to it. Right, Professor?"

"Now, to get the catgirls to play along," she thinks to herself, "a little roleplaying and this will look like it was all just me being a good student."

She turns back to the girls and, to all of them, says "On behalf of the Midorikawa family, I thank you for helping vanquish the dread coach-bot on this hour. I was honored to venture along side you on this day. Humbly, I hope that you will all venture with me to our next adventure."

"Ayumu, you're truly a genius." She mutters quietly.

My suggestion for next class is "Much Ado About Nothing: The Class About Procrastinating And All Of Its Benefits In Academic And Real Life."

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Makoto
2 Plot Points

"No... no, there wasn't a robot," the blue-haired girl says as she sits up, "it's just that the heroes didn't wind up in a tangled heap on the floor after the big fight."

Makoto opened her mouth, about to further elaborate on how their fight was nothing like the one depicted in Vanaheim CLASH!'s finale, but instead she could only blink as she watched the elf drag Momo up by the arm and get used as some sort of example. The cyborg took advantage of the opportunity to get back to her feet as well, just in time for Ayumu to offer her grandiose expression of thanks to the rest of them.

Curling her tail into the shape of a question mark and tilting her head to one side, Makoto peered at the elf-student, "...and who are you, again?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ayumu
1 Plot point

There was a pain in Ayumu's ears. A sharp pain. That's not odd for a long eared elf, after all: exceptional hearing. But that wasn't the cause. No, this pain came from a sharp phrase, not a sharp sound.

"She doesn't know me!?," Ayumu screamed in her skull, "How can anyone on this Earth? Any commoner not know me? Me!? Ayumu, daughter of the Elf chief, rich beyond any commoner's dream, and beauty surpassing any woman!" Sweat began pouring down Ayumu's forehead as she raged in her mind.

With a deep breathe, she put on a humble and friendly face. "Well, I'm Ayumu Midorikawa. I'm a second year student here. I normally travel with my pleb...foll...friend group, but we don't have the same classes anymore. Surely, though, you must have heard of the regal, kind, and humble Ayumu before, right? From cat...Momo-shi, no doubt."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'm liking how Ayumu's fantasy world is leaking into the real one, so let's play this out a little more. Take a FP, Covok.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Makoto
2 Plot Points

Makoto looks at Momo with a questioning glance in an effort to reaffirm that Misugi-chan had never actually mentioned anything about this Midorikawa girl. In the same breath, a cursory scan of past interactions all but cemented the fact that she had not. Of course, something could always turn up in a more detailed scan, but tonight the first episode of Ghosts of the Past was streaming and that was a much more useful way to spend her time. After all, it wasn't every day that famed writer Uro Genbuchi threw his hat into the oversaturated warring states anime ring and promised to turn the whole thing on its ear. The cyborg was certain it would be an amazing deconstruction and she refused to miss it!

She blankly looked back at the elf, shaking her head, "nope. Sorry."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ayumu
1 (2?) Plot point(s)

A lightning bolt shot down behind Ayumu! Well...not really, but, if this was a japanimation, that's how they would visualize it.

A look of shock took Ayumu's face by force. "How could someone as lowly as her speak to me this way? I am Ayumu-dono!," Ayumu rallied in her head, "Peasants shouldn't act as if I someone familiar nor should they dare to speak so tersely!" Ayumu could feet the "stare" (it was really more like mild disinterest) of the girl on her. It burned and made worry well up inside her. "She thinks of me lowly, doesn't she?," Ayumu deluded herself in her head, "She knows how bad of a shot I am? How nonathletic I am? How much Daddy isn't proud of me!?"

It took a moment for Ayumu to notice the taste of her own thumb nail: she was biting her thumb. She began to feel stupid at herself for her response. Her thoughts turned. "I need to make her realize how much of a different level I'm on than her. Now, what does she fancy?" Ayumu took stock of the girl. "Fake cat ears...robotic even, a fetishbate elementary girl swimsuit, a gaudy trenchcoat, and a large sword. I have it! This commoner is into japanimation! I used to have a servant feed me grapes while watching Sailor Europa! That plus my superior upbringing must make me more knowledge on the subject than Robo-Cat could ever hope to be! Once she sees what an expert I am in this field, she will have to bow to me as her ruler!" Stars glistened around Ayumu's eyes as she imagined Makoto bowing to her. Well...not really, but,if this was a japanimation, that's how they would visualize it.

Cunning to put on my Naruto Headband and eat pocky: 1d6 x 2 = 1 x 2 = 2...It's Not Very Effective!

Ayumu puts her hands akimbo. "I can tell from your attire you love cartoons******* as much as I do, rob--Makaoto-shi. I was big into Sailor Plutonis* back in the day. I was quite a taco******** about the whole thing. Without a doubt, Dashiki Mask** was the best character.*** Always found Kitsune**** a little obnoxious, honestly. She was always whining about friendship and stuff.***** Oh, did you know that two of the characters were actually cousins, but our dub of them made them lesbians.****** They wanted to be progressive which I do applaud them for. Though, honestly, the comic book******* was better."

A smug smile crept in over Ayumu's face. She eagerly awaited to her robocat's stunned response to her brilliance.

*Should be Sailor Europa.
**Should be Business Jack.
***He sucked.
****Should be Ferreto.
*****That was the point of the show.
******She has this backwards.
*******I should not need to say why this would annoy an actual otaku.
********Should be otaku.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 12, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Misugi Momo0
1 Plot Point

Momo was still stammering her way through an apology to Makoto when the rich elf-girl grabbed her and started in on a long something-or-other about---wait, there was a big fight at the end of CLASH? Who was involved? So many unanswered questions! And now Ayumu (?) was talking about how she was old friends with Momo, and it seemed bad form to correct. So Momo stood there, a bit glassy-eyed, imagining what the fight was going to be like in the final episode of CLASH. Not a robot? That means Greg couldn't be the bad guy, because he totally would have used a robot. So many spoilers! But now Ayumu looked nervous. And she was telling it all wrong!

Momo piped up, finally coming out of her daydream that she might defend Sailor Europa. "Wait, you mean Sailor Europa, right? And she totally fell in love with Business Jack, in episode four, and again in episodes seven, eight, eleven, and sixteen! And wasn't the whole thing sorta, uhm, you know, about the friendship thing? About how it's the purest of bonds, and how it can overcome things that even romantic love doesn't have a chance of, like, challenging?1..."

She almost trailed off until a strange little light-bulb flicked on in her brain. You know, all of that money, it was practically enough to bathe in. And there it was, all stuffed in Ayumu's---where had she put it again? No matter, she was totally loaded. And loaded people always had the financial backing to pull of the best pranks. So as the others hustled off to their next class, Momo asked, "So, it was Ayumu, right? Well, like, I've got this idea but I need, like, some help here to pull it off! I wanna prank the hockey team while they're out of town or whatever in order to get back at them for the time they threw us all in ice water. I mean it wasn't like a pool, and I guess it wasn't super-cold, but they poured it out of buckets, or on all our clean school clothing while we weren't wearing it. But anyway, totes revenge time. And you seems like the sort of person that would totally know how to get back at people. Oh, I mean, not like that! I'm sure you're perfectly nice, but--"

And then the next bell rang, and Momo realized she had kept Ayumu in place for so long that they were now both late to the next class2.

0. For what it's worth, I put Momo's given name second, so it's likely Makoto would call her Momo.
1. That totally wasn't the plot of the show, but might be a valid takeaway if you watched it and were an idiot.
2. Makoto may also be late; we'll see.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Makoto
2 Plot Points

With every word Ayumu spoke, it seemed to conjure up a warning or error window in Makoto's field of vision until she couldn't see anything. This was dangerous! Could anyone actually be so willfully ignorant? Sailor Europa had forever changed things! Anime would never be the same! Future manga would forever be judged by the standards set by Sailor Europa! For a moment, the cyborg thought her tertiary sub-processor was in danger of imminent meltdown with everything the elfin girl was saying, but at the last moment Momo chimed in and slowly with each point made, disaster was averted!

"What's wrong with my clothes?" Makoto asks, before realizing she hadn't yet returned her giant sword to the mysterious phase space it was normally kept in. With a sheepish laugh, everything suddenly becomes obviously clear, "oh. Whoopsie."

Banishing her weapon into some mysterious and invisible space, she suddenly feels better about how she was presenting herself. She was a hero like in the manga she loved, not some sort of horrible machine-barbarian! Similarly, after Momo shares her story about hockey team watery treachery, Makoto was actually about to extol the virtues of swimsuits as regular school wear on account of always being prepared for water-based pranks when the bell suddenly rang. Inwardly she sighed. The world would be a much better place if only it tried harder to be like anime, the lifestyle she had wholly devoted herself to! But for now, they had to get to their next class, and fast!

Leaping in between her two classmates, she catches them both in something falling between a group hug and a headlock, shouting to no one in particular, "Personal Energy Transporter! Activate!"

Woooosh! In a flash of light Makoto attempted to teleport herself, Momo, and Ayumu to their next class! Surely this will end well!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ayumu
2 Plot points

As Momo barked at Ayumu for being a filthy casual, a feeling welled up inside the young girl. It was like the feeling one gets before barfing. Not that Ayumu has ever barfed before, she's too refined for that. (This post was edited by Ayumu at 6:23 on January 13th, 2015). A cold sweat broke out of her forehead and her hands, without her commanding them, pushed into her chest.

"This...this...commoner is....saying...? No!? No...? How dare...How dare...how dare she...? How...? How...? How could she dare say...," tears began to well up in her eyes as her thoughts stammered across her mind, "How dare can she say that...that..." A spotlight was shining in over Ayumu's head. Not for real, of course, but if this was...ah, nevermind. "That...THAT!"

Ayumu took a more aggressive stance. Her arms down into fists on both sides and her chest and head pushed forward. It might make her seem like a bearded dwarf, but she was going to put her foot down on this one. "How dare you bring up Sailor Europa and Business Jack getting together so casually!?," she began with a start. Those tears began flowing like waterfalls and her arms began flailing about like a spaz, "When they got together, I cried for like 3 weeks! I had a poster of him on my wall! And then he goes and marries that little ditz and..."

Remember all of the sickness and anger? Well, Ayumu was read in the face now, but that color was slowly turning from a sign of her displeasure to a big flag of how embarrassed she was. "Did I just...Did I just....in front of Kami and everyone...Oh, Kami...Oh, Kami!," she stirred in her head. Ayumu grabbed her own face and averted her eyes from the plebeian before. With a stutter, she began, "I...I...I...didn't mean that..."

Before she could continue, Momo went off on her plans of revenge against the hockey team.

It was like a choir was singing Halleuha in Ayumu's ears: she ditzed out and ignored her outburst! As Ayumu looked around, everyone was gone and robo-cat looked distracted. All that pain flushed away and in its place, joy! "Oh, thank you, Momo-shi," she began in her head, "Thank you for being so stup..."

Before she could finish that thought, she felt a metal hand clamp down on her shoulder. Fear shot over her and then everything went plaid.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Period Two

Astonishingly, Makoto's teleport functions mostly perfectly. Everyone touching her arrives, with seconds to spare and the correct number of limbs and chromosomes. Everybody who's not a total slacker talking about anime is already there, of course, because it's time for General Extraliteral Mechanics and Mr. Erion is a stickler for tardiness.

What's also there is a small gold statuette in Makoto's hand. Sometimes you bring strange things back from the drift.

It is not, to her disappointment, the glowing Hand of Justice of King Kaiser Justice Rex fame. It's a lump of gold that someone's turned into a hand, without any references to animated adventures in the slightest, which is tragic, but not tragic irony, as Mr. Eiron is busy pointing out.

In fact, he's been busy pointing out this same distinction for about ten minutes, and it's getting kind of old. On one side of the board is the word "fire truck" written in red chalk, and on the other is the word "weather," this time done in blue chalk. The teacher points to one, then the other, and seems to expect the class to understand his point. This in and of itself is not ironic, but a teacher failing to teach could be construed as such.

You are certain that it's incredibly boring, however. This is pretty much every session of GEM. Sometimes you wish you'd taken General Extralittoral Mechanics instead, and then you get an ear ache for a second.

Mr. Eiron is talking about fjords and explaining their fluid dynamics, the geological and hydrological processes that create them, and the ecosystems found within.

The statue, formerly an open hand, has lowered its pinky finger.

By the by, everyone is supposed to start with three Plot Points. I don't think you guys blew all of yours on the robot, right?

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Makoto
2 (5?) Plot Points

Fortunately teleporting in didn't even manage to cross the Threshold of Interesting in this place. Or, at least it warranted no more attention than teleporting to class usually did. Still, it took a significant amount of power to do! On the upside, her desk was conveniently situated near a power outlet. Taking the tip off of her tail and exposing a power plug underneath, she plugged herself into the wall to recharge a little while Mr.Erion went on his droning spree that passed for a lesson around these parts.

The hand she'd gotten during the jaunt was strange and disappointing. It looked gold, but the cyborg lacked the necessary means to actually scan or examine the hand in a more detailed fashion. Another upgrade idea, she thought, though certainly not as cool as rocket-feet. When she looked at it again and discovered the one finger had moved, Makoto inwardly conceded that perhaps there might be more to this thing than she initially thought. She wondered what caused it. The robotic girl didn't recall making any wishes. Would it happen again? What happens if that happens to all the fingers? All important questions with no one around to actually ask them to.

None spent so far! I should consider spending them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Misugi Momo
1 4 Plot Point

Still dazed from the teleportation, Momo stumbled into an empty desk. She hadn't even noticed the golden hand until it was, uh. Wait, was it staring at her? Wait, where did that eyeball come from? She started making a small panicked sound from the back of the class, and attempting to get Mr. Erion's attention with her hand. At some point, however, he had started in on an explanation of fire trucks, and now he was pointing at words written off of the letters of "fire truck", including "trouble", "luck", and "rife". These words somehow seemed important, but not so important as the eerie purple eye that was bearing down on her.

She had her hand up, but there was little chance that the professor would actually notice her and, even if he did, an even smaller chance that he'd do anything except constructing Extraliteral Branches off of the word "weather" to answer her "question".

Luck: 3*1d6 9

• Locked thread