Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i stupidly bought the lost valley thinking hooray, a new harvest moon! but the game is like literally made by game haters. apparently there was some legal poo poo that went down and what i bought isn't actually harvest moon. it's a lie. The real new harvest moon is called song of seasons. so buy that instead from now on. the lost valley is like minecrafts retarded cousin

i want you gamers of true and earnest heart to be aware, and not make the mistakes i did

Ps who is your fav bachelor/ette in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
ann is my favorite but marrying her completely strips her character away

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i remember hearing about this, sorry about your financial loss op

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

i remember hearing about this, sorry about your financial loss op

thank u

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

:yikes:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
play rune factory instead, it has good gameplay and doesn't have this:

Doctor Goat posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the best is elli. good luck convincing St Peter to let you through those gates if you chose otherwise

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I can save you, Karen. I can fix you.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I've been playing Rune Factory 3 recently, since EU is a dirt field that doesn't deserve good games apparently, and it's really good. Great to play it on the 3DS XL Nintendo Zelda Golden Triangles Edition. RF4 must be even better. Highly recommended, OP.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

She just wants a hug :(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got in a fist fight with my friends brother over who gets to marry Karen. Victory was mine.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
The Harvest Moon team isn't working on the Harvest Moon games anymore which is why Lost Valley is a lovely faux-Minecraft ripoff. The old team is working on games called the Story of Seasons instead, which is actual Harvest Moon gameplay. Sorry for your loss though.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Heavy Lobster posted:

The Harvest Moon team isn't working on the Harvest Moon games anymore which is why Lost Valley is a lovely faux-Minecraft ripoff. The old team is working on games called the Story of Seasons instead, which is actual Harvest Moon gameplay. Sorry for your loss though.

SOS any good?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The SNES version of harvest moon was fun. What's the best harvest moon game that doesn't have just pure timesinks?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

It's not out in America yet but I mean, it's Harvest Moon so you will probably be getting what you always do. The art style is closer to Rune Factory which is neat.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm the prison yard floodlight shining on them

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

Not in HM64

*chalks up another point for the best game in the series*

also :hf:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Nami is the best, too bad you can't marry her in the only good game in the series she appears in. Jaime would be the best if marrying her didn't end your game.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Rune Factory is the good Harvest Moon successor.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Not really, they're like red wine and white wine

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Heran Bago posted:

Where does that leave Fantasy Life

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
That's coffee

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Heran Bago posted:

We're probably never getting another Rune Factory, the studio that made it closed down :smith:

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Leroy Dennui posted:

We're probably never getting another Rune Factory, the studio that made it closed down :smith:

That sucks, I thought the 4th game sold well.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Leroy Dennui posted:

lame as hell, i had a lot of fun with rune factory 4. i might go and play it again, in fact

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the rune factory dev team got hired on by marvelous (who also own the harvest moon story of seasons developer), so the series may not necessarily be dead. maybe.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Why isn't there a single Harvest Moon for PC yet? It's a stupid decision on Marvelous's part to not release a game for the most prevalent platform, especially considering expansion sets/DLCs would be an easy way to print money without having to build a new game from the ground up. There's apparently a Japanese-only free browser game but that doesn't count.

The same goes for mobile releases, too; there's a Harvest Moon puzzle game for iPhone, but that's it.

vvvvv Like that's ever gonna get released.

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 24, 2014

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Leroy Dennui posted:

Why isn't there a single Harvest Moon for PC yet? It's a stupid decision on Marvelous's part to not release a game for the most prevalent platform, especially considering expansion sets/DLCs would be an easy way to print money without having to build a new game from the ground up. There's apparently a Japanese-only free browser game but that doesn't count.

The same goes for mobile releases, too; there's a Harvest Moon puzzle game for iPhone, but that's it.

try to keep up

http://stardewvalley.net/

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

I can save you, Karen. I can fix you.

Karen is perfect just the way she is, you monster

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

how is babby farmed

Leroy Dennui