Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cute anime girl

Showering

After a long and hard day of posting on the forums, every goon and goonette might probably find out they're actually quite dirty and sweaty, and maybe stinks like a motherfucker. That's when you take a shower.

In order to shower properly, you'll actually need a shower! There's plenty types of showers out there, so if you need one, go outside and look for one. (Contrary to popular belief, wild ones can not be tamed.)

This is what a shower cabinet looks like

When you've undressed (this is important) and gotten inside the shower (this is also important!) you'll want to turn on the shower by turning the water knob to the left (usually). Then, adjust the temperature to a level that feels right to you (be careful not to turn the temperature knob too much). Add shampoo and other kinds of stuff, rinse and repeat if you are excessively dirty, and voilą; you are now showering!

Remember to not eat any of the soap. Avoid rubbing your eyes when washing the shampoo off of your hair.

When you are done, turn off the shower, step outside and dry yourself with a towel. You are now (hopefully) clean, and ready for more posting.

Some quick tips:

quote:

- Shower every second or third day.
- The best time to shower is right before you go to bed or after you wake up.
- Remember to cleanse your private areas unless your special one really enjoys the smell of dead fish.

Shower facts:

quote:

- 90% of all mexicans shower each day
- People shower at an average of 13 minutes each
- Shampoo in your eyes hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
second or third day? 0_o

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
i took two showers today

cute anime girl

Gross Dude posted:

i took two showers today

Did you know, a lot of skin problems stem from humanity being -too- clean?
And that you can save tons of money in the long run by showering less than twice every day?

cute anime girl

This thread is to help you all get your showering routines straight.

froward

by Azathoth
Tru story I used to be super obsessed with being ~sparkly clean~ and would shower two, three times daily. Well, my skin started drying out and I started getting weird skin lesions. I cut back my showers to every other day (though I do rinse after pool and gym) and hairwashing to twice a week. Feels pretty good. And I don't have nasty splotches anymore.

Stripping your body's natural oils causes your body to freak the hell out. This is why people use moisturizer. Grease yoself.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
i shower before work, because i don't want to be all smelly after sleeping, and i shower after the gym

emmie

Gross Dude posted:

i shower before work, because i don't want to be all smelly after sleeping, and i shower after the gym

gross, dude! :D LMAO

Gain 20 Pounds

if i shower before bed how will all the ladiez smell my sick Old Spice body wash fragrances

sigs off krew

cute anime girl

Gain 20 Pounds posted:

if i shower before bed how will all the ladiez smell my sick Old Spice body wash fragrances

Swallow it

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
just how far should I extend my taint when making sure there's no mites

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Sir John Feelgood

cute anime girl posted:

After a long and hard day of posting on the forums, every goon and goonette might probably find out they're actually quite dirty and sweaty, and maybe stinks like a motherfucker. That's when you take a shower.

Sir John Feelgood

cute anime girl posted:

In order to shower properly, you'll actually need a shower!

cute anime girl

It's good that you are able to read my advice, Sir John Feelgood

ulvir

holyshit not showering daily is just loving disgusting

Looke

I shower every month and my mum never complains about it

alnilam

ulvir posted:

holyshit not showering daily is just loving disgusting

:confused: it's really not a big deal, i shower maybe every second or third day unless i get real dirty, and ladies and professional colleagues generally like me

different ppls bodies produce sweat etc differently tho, i really barely sweat even when i bike to work

alnilam

ty for the advice op I'll try this... "Show-ring" thing

Is this similar to what ppl call "bathe"?

cute anime girl

Yes.
Though, bathing is for the goon with time, and is more comfortable.

Leroy Dennui

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Thank you for making my BYOB experience educational, OP.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

showering every other day is fine, especially in the winter. I end up only showering after gym days, and not showering during rest days

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

pig slut lisa

irl is good

cute anime girl posted:

Yes.
Though, bathing is for the goon with time, and is more comfortable.

short little man spotted

Gyra_Solune

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I find showers comfier than baths, in a bath I feel like I'm drowning and there's no way to escape the heat, and i'm swimming in my own filth, plus it's harder to wash my hair. If I'm too hot in the shower I can step out for a bit, turn the temp down or something, and getting all washed and clean is easy and satisfying. Shaving my legs is a little harder tho

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

i once tasted some lime flavoured shower gel, it didn't taste like lime at all

another time it was mint shower gel... same problem as before

overall would NOT recommend tasting shower gel that smells like it might taste nice, it is only to deceive you!!

smoobles

i strnogly suggest a removeable shower head so you can clean your butte crack

----------------

CornBrick

A chance to look as cool on the outside as I am on the inside.

smoobles posted:

I, the OP, agree

I like stuff. All of it.

smoobles

CornBrick posted:

I, the OP, agree

please update op with this valuable info regarding butte crackes

----------------

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

another useful tip regarding buttes: if you do not have a shower head you can ask your fellow gym shower bros to "spot" one for you :)

smoobles

Chill la Chill posted:

another useful tip regarding buttes: if you do not have a shower head you can ask your fellow gym shower bros to "spot" one for you :)

dont do this, this is how you cna catch the butt aids

----------------

vermeul

Free Acid

smoobles posted:

This is so good in the morning. Early morning crack cleans are the best

ulvir

my butte crack has been letting off steam ever since I had a burger with a couple of mates a few hours ago

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Who gets in the shower before turning it on and adjusting the temperature? :confused:

Yeah I just like to stand here and alternate freezing loving cold and scalding heat until I'm dead or the temperature is just right.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

smoobles posted:

dont do this, this is how you cna catch the butt aids

I do not have the butt aids, just be safe

ulvir

Theglavwen posted:

Who gets in the shower before turning it on and adjusting the temperature? :confused:

Yeah I just like to stand here and alternate freezing loving cold and scalding heat until I'm dead or the temperature is just right.

yeah I adjust the temp knob before turning on the water, and then wait till the water feels just right before entering. some may call it wasteful, but they're usually just tree huggers anyway

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Theglavwen posted:

I have a good idea of where the ideal position for the knobs are, and then I adjust it a little before jumping in. It only takes a minute to get the water to the right temperature anyway.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

peeing in the shower saves time and water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
peeing actually wastes water

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread