Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
leighton baines is the best left back in england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008
If you are a poo poo striker you can pretty much guarantee scoring against us. We love giving away stupid goals to bad players.

We're really missing McCarthy :(

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

FIRST CLICHY NOW SOLDADO? WHAT NEXT?

Josmer's time is nigh

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

leighton baines is the best left back in england

He is.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
coleman on the other hand is unironically fully good

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Nice, Harry :yum:

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Lukaku is a fraud

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jooky posted:

Lukaku is a fraud

The wrongest of opinions, Lukaku is cool + good

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Barkley needs to learn when he should run with the ball, and when he should get his head up and play a pass

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Peno

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Spurs melting down

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dive by Aguero in the box, yellow card.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Nice dive

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

lmao nice dive Harry

At least put a loving foot on it

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Hmmmm

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Lmao Harry Kane is way too selfish, perfect fit for Spurs

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
thas a pen

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Hegay posted:

Lmao Harry Kane is way too selfish, perfect fit for Spurs

Hehe

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Three points :hehe:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
what the heck did loldado really score

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

what the heck did loldado really score

It was a p deece goal too.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
City were loving class today from 1 - 11. First time we've come close to reaching the levels hit last season, quality day

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheGoatFeeder posted:

City were loving class today from 1 - 11. First time we've come close to reaching the levels hit last season, quality day

Mangala was pretty bad I thought, he seemed really unsure of himself all match.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Shrapnig posted:

Mangala was pretty bad I thought, he seemed really unsure of himself all match.

He's clearly low on confidence. But I thought he was decent, had to attempt a tackle when he got sent off, took one for the team etc.

When he gets totally upto speed he'll be a beast, took Demi 6 months and he's now a class act.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
He was running around like a lunatic, playing ahead of Toure and Fernandinho some of the time

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

He was running around like a lunatic, playing ahead of Toure and Fernandinho some of the time

He'll definitely come good like Demi did

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Maybe but Demichelis cost gently caress all while Mangala is the most expensive defender ever in English football

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Jose posted:

Maybe but Demichelis cost gently caress all while Mangala is the most expensive defender ever in English football

He'll be class, can't really judge him till he's been in the country 6 to 12 months.

Silva looked shite when he first came now he's one of the best playmakers in the league.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

TheGoatFeeder posted:

He'll be class, can't really judge him till he's been in the country 6 to 12 months.

Silva looked shite when he first came now he's one of the best playmakers in the league.

lol if you honestly believe the "he just got to get used to premier league" shite

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

TheGoatFeeder posted:

nah he was still clearly a cut above when he first joined he was just playing alongside shitters

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
are there any books that follow a Premier League team through a season? I recently read Collision, Low Crossers and Next Man Up which has a reporter whose granted all-acess to training, meetings, coaching meetings, and everyone in the building from the GM down. I'd really like to read a soccer equivalent

Reference:

http://www.amazon.com/Collision-Low-Crossers-Turbulent-Football/dp/0316196797

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Man-Up-Behind-Todays/dp/B000Y8SDX4

I also just finished Inverting the Pyramid which was pretty cool. Any other good soccer books anyone could recommend? I looked for the newb thread but didn't find it.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
There was a book on the Invicibles season released recently, but I think it's just gooner wanking.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I recommend They Dared To Dream: How Rodgers' Liverpool Went So Close by the always rational Paul Tomkins.

Here's a review from amazon:

A wonderful rip roaring yarn of how Liverpool FC were denied their first title since 1989 by a combination of refereeing incompetence, corruption, and most painfully of all, a slip by our captain Steven at the home of football.

I'm not ashamed that this book brought back the tears, again. It's one for all our fans but neutrals will also be desperate to relive how the whole country united in the quest of reclaiming the title for everyone's second favourite team. Sometimes it's about winning hearts not points, and I think we did that in 2014.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Mate, he's a fuckin liability and was god awful again today, two ludicrously stupid bookings.

Southampton looked bereft of ideas and thus begins their slide that many predicted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I had a great Marmite pasty while watching the motd. We've turned a corner, that's for sure.

• Locked thread