Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The world kinda sucks sometimes for a lot of people and we hear a lot of lovely news. There's a lot of bad news out there (and yes, I realize that what's bad news for one may be great news for another) but I'm pretty sure that we can all use a bit more good news in our day. Post particularly uplifting and happy news stories, ones with a good ending maybe, here and discuss them.

There's enough negative stuff to talk about in all the other threads, it couldn't hurt for people to be a bit more positive sometimes. Try it, you might like it. If you want to debate some good uplifting stuff, hey, that's cool too because then other people can learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Official D&D Winter Holidays Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCWOnorRgY

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Good News? Is this another religion thread?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ted_Haggard posted:

Good News? Is this another religion thread?

Positivity can cross all sorts of boundaries.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ralph Hall will no longer run for congress

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...in-congress.ece

pretty good news imo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/dec/01/gordon-brown-stand-down-mp

Gordon Brown stepped down as an MP. Pity its 7 years too late.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Governor Corbett got positively creamed in the PA elections. That's really good news, he was the poster child for "old white conservative shithead that ruins everything he touches" and now he's leaving office! Yay!

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Apparently farts help prevent cancer.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm going to try to find a source but it might just be a passing

edit:

Well this is actually not bad.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/can-smelling-farts-cure-cancer

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Australians support their Muslim community throughout the hostage crisis :unsmith:

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Governor Corbett got positively creamed in the PA elections. That's really good news, he was the poster child for "old white conservative shithead that ruins everything he touches" and now he's leaving office! Yay!

Also Connecticut remained entirely blue :unsmith: Suck it Massachusetts.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

US and Cuba are resuming diplomatic relations

Vacation in Cuba next year, anyone? Embargo is still on for now, but I'm going to be optimistic for a change and pretend that Congress is going to do something about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Florida Betty posted:

US and Cuba are resuming diplomatic relations

Vacation in Cuba next year, anyone? Embargo is still on for now, but I'm going to be optimistic for a change and pretend that Congress is going to do something about that.

Given that Obama needs to sign the continuation of the embargo every year regress doesn't actually need to lift a finger if :obama: doesn't

• Locked thread