Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I still dont know where that jingle came from or what its related to as a meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Rageaholic posted:

They announced on OSL that April's theme is going to be Sheenpril. All Charlie Sheen movies.

You can't just portmanteau any two random words and expect it to work. For shame, We Hate Movies Podcast.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Really curious to see what they pick for the WLM.

I suspect some of the WHM prime episodes will be borderline WLM episodes too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jose Oquendo posted:

Same. Major League is legit great. I watched it again a few months ago and it holds up. I think Hot Shots is great, too, but I haven't watched it in forever. I love Three Musketeers, but it's not really WLM worthy.

Any other movie of his that I like is basically a WHM prime episode that is silly enough to be fun, like Men at Work, or The Chase.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 25, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Men at Work is the first one that came to mind. It's absolutely ripe for some WHM jokes but it's really a good movie.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Jose Oquendo posted:

Wall Street for WLM? Platoon might be a touch too heavy to riff on.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Jose Oquendo posted:

probably Navy Seals so Jupin can write-off the new Vinegar Syndrome 4K that was announced.
https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/frontpage/products/navy-seals

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Wall Street for WLM? Platoon might be a touch too heavy to riff on.

I thought about mentioning Wall Street, it just doesn't seem like the kind of movie they'd heap praise over. I could be wrong, though. I also haven't watched it in over 15 years.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Honestly, Major League the WLM, and Major League 2 one of the WHM prime episodes would be a good double header (pun 100% intended).

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Completely forgot until just this moment that Wall Street got a legacy-sequel in 2010. Jeez.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I think they've mentioned The Arrival being a Stay Tuned before.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They all but confirmed The Chase was going to be an episode a few months back. So Men at Work and Chase are a couple, since Cabin spoiled Men at Work is an episode during the OSL.

They had the caveat that not all episodes will be "Charlie Sheen Movies" but could be just movies that he is in.

I don't see Major League as a movie they would do, since they typically shy away from sports movies. They've done a few, but there's a bunch that could be episodes

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

They had the caveat that not all episodes will be "Charlie Sheen Movies" but could be just movies that he is in.

So cameos are possibilities? Well hello there, Loaded Weapon 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOPaJkV5GH4

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
According to Young Einstein, Wall Street is the WLM and next week is Major League.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I loved all the Donnie Darko jokes about Jake Gyllenhaal not bathing in this episode. I'd definitely love to hear a Donnie Darko WLM episode because it's one of my favorites.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I have never been more Chris Cabin than when he derailed the podcast to go on about the glory of Wake in Fright.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

mweber posted:

According to Young Einstein, Wall Street is the WLM and next week is Major League.

That's interesting. I would have reversed it. Unless the WHM is a secret/semi WLM.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's interesting. I would have reversed it. Unless the WHM is a secret/semi WLM.

As I mentioned earlier, I agree.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Got very excited at the idea of a Ferris Beuller episode just for the minute-long cameo. Remembered there's already a Ferris Bueller episode. Act III TBD.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Are the boys into sports at all? Major League is a good comedy but it's really a baseball movie (the best baseball movie) and if they're not into sports then they might be sour pusses.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

As I mentioned earlier, I agree.

It sounds like they both will be WLM. Chris said they’re also doing Men at Work, which is another WLM.

My guesses for the other movies are The Arrival, Wall Street 2, and The Chase.

Any other bad or bad/good Sheen movies that they haven’t done yet?

Edit: The Chase, not The Getaway

mweber fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 27, 2024

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

Are the boys into sports at all? Major League is a good comedy but it's really a baseball movie (the best baseball movie) and if they're not into sports then they might be sour pusses.

Judging by Night Game they aren't really into Baseball.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Terminal Velocity would be a good episode.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I mean, The Chase is right there.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

mweber posted:

It sounds like they both will be WLM. Chris said they’re also doing Men at Work, which is another WLM.

My guesses for the other movies are The Arrival, Wall Street 2, and The Getaway.

Any other bad or bad/good Sheen movies that they haven’t done yet?

The Arrival and The Chase have both been mentioned as being ones to Stay Tuned for, so one of them is probably an episode.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

SilentChaz posted:

The Arrival and The Chase have both been mentioned as being ones to Stay Tuned for, so one of them is probably an episode.

Gah, I meant The Chase, not The Getaway.

I think Terminal Velocity is stay tuned too. I’d love some more stories about Steve’s father’s days at the skydiving ranch.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

mweber posted:

Gah, I meant The Chase, not The Getaway.

I think Terminal Velocity is stay tuned too. I’d love some more stories about Steve’s father’s days at the skydiving ranch.

Terminal Velocity would give them a chance to bring back the Skydiving News Network, too. "Update..."

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Wait, how have they never done Navy Seals? That's a great terrible dumb action movie.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

AVENGE ME

AVENGE MEEEEE

honestly I’m not sure there’s enough meat on the bones to really do an episode on Red Dawn but hey they did Young Einstein so anything’s possible

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Soup du Jour posted:

AVENGE ME

AVENGE MEEEEE

honestly I’m not sure there’s enough meat on the bones to really do an episode on Red Dawn but hey they did Young Einstein so anything’s possible

DON'T CRY!!!

Hold it back! Let it turn to something else...

(they should definitely do it and get Will and Felix on to talk about it)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I was listening to the How Did This Get Made podcast episode of "Over the Top" and it cracked me up when an audience member pointed out that the kid's name is Mike Hawke

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Andrew’s reaction on Nexus today was totally mine when he went “I’m so relieved you both liked this” for Those Old Scientists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I can hope they just do a couple of 2 and a half men instead of melro210.