Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The MSJ posted:

They never did say where you teleport to when entering the Institute HQ.

I thought it was specifically underneath MIT?

pentyne posted:

tell me you've never been to law school without telling me you've never been to law school

I would suspect that the power armor instruction manual is in Latin for the brotherhood, because of course it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alaois posted:

it also falls apart because like someone else said, the female player character option is canonically a lawyer instead of a soldier and it doesn't change how the game plays at all, they're both equally able to shoot guns and use power armor

There's a part in the game where you can try to talk your way into a Brotherhood of Steel base, the woman has the option to mention she was married to a soldier, upon which they say they could use someone like her and let her in.

How does that make any sense

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

There was a leak that described basically 1 to 1 the opening of Fallout 4 months if not a full year before the game was officially revealed but the leak said there was no female player character option, only male and i think about that a lot lol

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

There's a part in the game where you can try to talk your way into a Brotherhood of Steel base, the woman has the option to mention she was married to a soldier, upon which they say they could use someone like her and let her in.

They say the same thing to a brain damaged courier that just walked in from Mojave desert.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alhazred posted:

They say the same thing to a brain damaged courier that just walked in from Mojave desert.

No they dont lol, to contact the Brotherhood in New Vegas you either need to be brought to them by Veronica, who is a member, or you have to find one of the dead patrols, learn their temporary password from the orders they're carrying and when you do that they ambush you after you give the password, slap an explosive collar around your neck and force you to do a job for them before letting you in

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Phlegmish posted:

She found the one group that will actually address her by her husband's rank

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Alaois posted:

No they dont lol, to contact the Brotherhood in New Vegas you either need to be brought to them by Veronica, who is a member, or you have to find one of the dead patrols, learn their temporary password from the orders they're carrying and when you do that they ambush you after you give the password, slap an explosive collar around your neck and force you to do a job for them before letting you in

And they literally do need someone "like that", since they're stuck in their bunker but the Courier is able to go out

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Volmarias posted:

I thought it was specifically underneath MIT?
The Canadian campus of MIT

Volmarias posted:

I would suspect that the power armor instruction manual is in Latin for the brotherhood, because of course it would be.
IIRC the brotherhood is "what if a bunch of US army sergeants and lieutenants got cut off and started a cult with a chaplains help on military brat culture distrusting civilians" so the most Latin you're going to find is 2 word fragments like semper fi.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

zedprime posted:

IIRC the brotherhood is "what if a bunch of US army sergeants and lieutenants got cut off and started a cult with a chaplains help on military brat culture distrusting civilians" so the most Latin you're going to find is 2 word fragments like semper fi.

Feels like they could have skipped the robes then, along with names like "Rhombus." But, yes, that's a lot more Mechanicus than Brotherhood, I'll admit that.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Alaois posted:

it also falls apart because like someone else said, the female player character option is canonically a lawyer instead of a soldier and it doesn't change how the game plays at all, they're both equally able to shoot guns and use power armor

I choose to believe she was basically a Harvey Birdman character, wearing full power armor in the courtroom.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

tell me you've never been to law school without telling me you've never been to law school

Turns out "Passing the bar" means getting qualified on a machine gun

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i mean there's also the classic main quest VS side quest thing.

"protag the entire universe is doomed in 24 hours, but yes lets breed legally distinct pokemon for a few months while you climb the mon battling league."

or in FO4's case, the papa/mama bear is going to kill the whole region, but do some city building and trade logistics management, also they never question how long their two unfreezing were and just assume their baby is a baby.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

PhazonLink posted:

i mean there's also the classic main quest VS side quest thing.

"protag the entire universe is doomed in 24 hours, but yes lets breed legally distinct pokemon for a few months while you climb the mon battling league."

or in FO4's case, the papa/mama bear is going to kill the whole region, but do some city building and trade logistics management, also they never question how long their two unfreezing were and just assume their baby is a baby.

That really annoys me. You were cryogenically frozen, you come out and discover centuries have passed. Why are you assuming the baby was only stolen recently? Why do you think you're definitely searching for a baby instead of just trying to find out what happened?? The latter would even make more sense with the gameplay pace, more a 'trying to solve a mystery' than 'looking for my child'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I tried fallout 4 but nothing could make me give a single gently caress about the game with such a bland player character being forced on me. I hope the baby turned out to be some mutant terrorist or something.