Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

i'm gone less than 24 hours and dct has succumbed to peer pressure and is posting call out threads

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

dogcrash truther
you werre the one keeping my worst instincts in check

dogcrash truther
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?userid=179748&action=getinfo

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
a byob poster waiting to blossom if i've ever seen one

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I like his name.

----------------

FluffieDuckie

dogcrash truther posted:

you werre the one keeping my worst instincts in check

that was practically my job title

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Scaly Haylie

Rick
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Magic Man, are you Jim The Magic Jumper?

polishthunder84

You feel it too, don't you?
every body should post in BYOB

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
BYOB: A Good Place Too Post

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

i think I, as chill king, would be good friends with this magic man

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
let's see what Magic Man has to offer:

Magic Man posted:

Yeah, I love Akutagawa too, especially Hell Screen. I think the two are fairly different both in style and content, however. I think Akutagawa tends to favor minimalism in his language a lot, and most of his focus is given to the psychology of his characters rather than the places they inhabit. Kyoka's writing is more similar to Blake or Keats, he places a lot of focus on natural scenes using extremely vivid and flowery prose. Kyoka also usually doesn't place too much emphasis on character development as he basically rewrites the same characters for all of his stories. What he felt was most important was the language itself rather than world building. A writer you might try if you like Akutagawa is Naoya Shiga, his stories also employed very minimalist and sharp language on issues of the human condition. He was also a contemporary of Akutagawa and also one of his favorite writers. He differs from Akutagawa in that most of his work is taken from his own personal experiences (Shiga is credited as one of the pioneers of the "I-Novel" style in Japan) but it's still very interesting stuff. At Kinosaki is probably my favorite story of his, it's about a man who travels to the countryside for reasons of his health and ponders death as it's presented to him in nature. Han's Crime is also good, I think it's very similar to Akutagawa's In a Bamboo Grove both in style and content.

ok I could go for more of this kind of thing

Scaly Haylie

boy that guy sure likes japan or something

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

yeah I could see magic man from AT posting like that

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

SIDS Vicious

id rather post with abracadaniel to be honest with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU