Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the first two were good imho but i didn play that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
it was basicaly the same, op

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
I liked it more than City, less than Asylum.Physx was dope on PC too, the electro glove smoke effect was bonkers.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It was like City but with Troy Baker and a less mentally disabled ending. So pretty good.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
they hosed up the counter timing!! they hosed it up and i hate it!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its like arkham city but with worse boss fights, less stuff to do in the city and performance issues that still havent been patched

the writing is really, really good tho

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

they hosed up the counter timing!! they hosed it up and i hate it!!

I actually like the new timing.They made it where you can't cancel your moves to counter , it actually made the combat more engaging.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
It was basically City, but poo poo.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Bobnumerotres posted:

its like arkham city but with worse boss fights, less stuff to do in the city and performance issues that still havent been patched

the writing is really, really good tho

What you talkin bout? The boss fights were way better and the random city stuff was too.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Buck Turgidson posted:

It was basically City, but poo poo.

ya the map sucked

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
and you don't even catch riddler at the end! what the f*ck??

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
in a lot of ways Origin feels like an extra campaign for Arkham City, except it's written a lot better, although I can save you a lot of trouble by showing you the best scene in the game and probably 90% of the reason to even bother playing through it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbsP_C562Wo

there are other good bits littered around the story but gameplay-wise mostly it's just more Arkham City, better in some ways and worse in others

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
It was really good imo, basically Arkham City but a little more polished. I liked the harder edged young batman and thought troy baker and the chris redfield guy gave phenomenal performances. I also enjoy the story the most out of the three games. The detective work is more interesting this time around.

If you like the arkham games don't let anyone talk you down from playing it, it's good.

it runs a lot better on pc than city did

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Arkham City had, like, 600 collectables and I seriously don't know why people like that.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Great Joe posted:

Arkham City had, like, 600 collectables and I seriously don't know why people like that.

dont forget that you can get an achievement by getting every challenge medal as a character. there are four characters and over 100 medals for each character :hellyeah:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i enjoyed it but when i bought it the final quick time event was bugged and you couldn't complete it with a keyboard/mouse so the final bit was just batman slapping the joker and then the joker slapping batman, forever

p deep imo

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

scalded schlong posted:

i enjoyed it but when i bought it the final quick time event was bugged and you couldn't complete it with a keyboard/mouse so the final bit was just batman slapping the joker and then the joker slapping batman, forever

p deep imo

This is way better than any other possible ending

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It was ok but skippable

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I thought it was pretty decent, but Asylum is still my favorite of the 3. I enjoyed the more focused and finely tuned feel of it.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
yes.

for me to poop on.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The first two were garbage, and so is origins, human being OP.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Kinsky posted:

in a lot of ways Origin feels like an extra campaign for Arkham City, except it's written a lot better, although I can save you a lot of trouble by showing you the best scene in the game and probably 90% of the reason to even bother playing through it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbsP_C562Wo

there are other good bits littered around the story but gameplay-wise mostly it's just more Arkham City, better in some ways and worse in others

L e epic gay post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

conceitedguy posted:

L e epic gay post!

• Locked thread