Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Well, what do you guys think? Excited for it? I was a fan of Sticker Star, but not so much of Super Paper Mario for Wii - it would be spectacular if they made a game in the RPG style of the original two games, but who knows.. we'll just have to wait and see.

Source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A paper mario for wii u would make a fantastic E3 announcement.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Super Paper Mario was gpod but sticker star was a goddamned slog. God willingly the new one will be as good as Thousand Year Door which was the best nintendo JRPG

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Super Mario RPG 2 would do rear end well.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I did not like Sticker Star

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Super Mario RPG 2 would do rear end well.

paper mario is the spiritual successor to super mario rpg, and you won't get another game just like it again.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

It was cool how Sticker Star looked sweet from the pictures during its development, it had partners and everything, then it came out and it was a huge piece of poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ill wait for the direct, op

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I still have to get through the original RPG and Thousand Year Door so it can takes its time, really

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I loved sticker star for what it was.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I trust Walmart. This is good news.

Soral
May 30, 2009

super paper mario, while not great, is better than most give it credit for

Soral
May 30, 2009

same with sticker star actually....

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

A cool drat horse posted:

It was cool how Sticker Star looked sweet from the pictures during its development, it had partners and everything, then it came out and it was a huge piece of poo poo.

Miyomoto directly told them to rip all that cool looking poo poo out. Like, the devs weren't even allowed to make original characters besides the navi sticker so all the npcs ended up being generic toads.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I loved sticker star for what it was.

yeah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

DrManiac posted:

Miyomoto directly told them to rip all that cool looking poo poo out. Like, the devs weren't even allowed to make original characters besides the navi sticker so all the npcs ended up being generic toads.

he did it just to piss you off and make sure youd be happy complaining for years

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I actually liked super paper mario TBH. It wasn't very good but I had fun with it, and I thought a lot of the level design was cool even if the flipping thing ended up being really lame.

Sticker star felt really lifeless to me, idk... I couldn't finish it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

elf help book posted:

he did it just to piss you off and make sure youd be happy complaining for years

The wound is still fresh!

to be fair I don't think sticker star is a bad game despite me not liking the whole no stats thing, it's just the story and characters are so boring that it really bums me out. We only get like, one paper mario game a generation and every one before sticker star had a bunch of memorable stuff.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I also bought sticker star hoping it was going to be closer to the Mario RPGs I know and love, so heck I guess it's partially my fault -_-

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

the fact that there isn't a Francis level in Smash Bros where players need to hit dialogue choices to get bon(er)uses from virtual babes is a crime

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Super paper mario was probably the worst paper mario gameplay-wise and I still remember the Francis chapter, Mr. L, and the villains despite only playing it once when it came out.

I played sticker star when it came out a year ago and I don't even remember any of the bosses besides bowser.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sticker star will teach you to love wiggler

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Im the guy behind the wiggler part in sticker star

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sticker Star was quite good.

Super Paper Mario was extremely bad other than the silly quiz level.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I liked birdos part and petey piranha was even a boss

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'll believe it when I hear confirmation from an official Nintendo source, OP.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
if its true I want it. Better aim for next xmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Topic locked.

• Locked thread