Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
I saw Minus live about 10 years ago. Nothing special, but they are (were?) kinda good. No idea what they sound like now if they even exist still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Avalanche posted:

I saw Minus live about 10 years ago. Nothing special, but they are (were?) kinda good. No idea what they sound like now if they even exist still.

same. i was pretty into drinking beers and listening to the bear but they kinda sucked live and then I forgot about them

Strawberry Tofu
May 13, 2009
Sure their music sounds pretty distinct but their lyrics are all about booze, women, and bodies of water

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
minus was like catnip for all the insane & hot chicks i knew in college and tbh i'm still not sure why

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
the album with monkey knife fight is good but the rest are trash.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I saw them on the tour for that album in the first Youtube vid and fell asleep at a table in the back of the room.

Dildo Malone
Sep 14, 2008

old minus the bear owns and new minus the bear also owns

Strawberry Tofu
May 13, 2009

Dildo Malone posted:

old minus the bear owns and new minus the bear also owns

This, just with my earlier caveat about their limited lyrical scope

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
THS has the best taste in music and I owe a lot of good poo poo I listen to to him. Here is a list of stuff he gave me you should also probably listen to

beirut - the flying club cup
weird kid from new mexico discoveres eastern european folk, is a brilliant song writer. brass!

broken bells - broken bells
owns. funky. singer from the shins. my fav album at the moment

broken social scene - feel good lost
one of the very few ambient albums i can tolerate. passport radio is the chillest song ever made

caribou - andorra
guy with a doctorate in mathematics who decided to instead live in seclusion and in the middle of fuckoff nowhere canada and write psychedelic pop about women. pro choice

deerhunter - microcastle
tall queer with marfans syndrome writes dark and brooding creepy poo poo with flawless execution. album is definitely meant to be listened in full, and meant to be listened to at the cusp of winter. now is the time

the eagles - desperado
:siren:wildcard. i hate the loving eagles but this was their only attempt at a coherent folk-western concept album before joe walsh joined. its REALLY well put together and i cry for the eagles which could have been (poor and obscure)

grizzly bear - shields
really unique sound. hard to define. singer is weird. my fav overall band of all time but i cant really describe it

miike snow - miike snow
two swedish electronic musicians and an american singer. extremely catchy without really falling into pop. like disco on good acid

minus the bear - menos el oso
the singer is not a great singer, the lyrics are like they were written by retarded frat bros, some of the best loving tight instrumentation and excellent hooks i have ever heard. virtuosos without a cause

the national - boxer
music for drunks. matt berninger has a milky smooth deep voice and all the tracks are nostalgic with an air of desperation

the shins - sleeping lessons
singer from broken bells was the lead man of this group. this is the album he created before leaving. its loving amazing

starfucker - reptilians
i think you were playing starfucker the other night but its on this list because they are genius

the strokes - comedown machine
everyone knows the strokes. their albums got progressively worse through the years. i dont know what happened last year but they got their poo poo together and id put this on par with anything theyve ever done

the walkmen - you & me
fantastic psychedelic soundscape folk poo poo

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Starfucker is a great band and reptilians owns, aside from all the ~wHaT's iT lIkE to be DEAD~ voiceovers :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Avynte posted:

Starfucker is a great band and reptilians owns, aside from all the ~wHaT's iT lIkE to be DEAD~ voiceovers :ghost:

i think its charmingly sophomoric. like you can tell they thought alan watts quotes were the trippiest poo poo they could possibly put on the album and they were probably proud of themselves for it. unironically love it

• Locked thread