Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The second half of 2014, we've seen a couple of high profile all-the-platforms games come out. Consider these platform comparisons sourceless and absolutely useless.

Based on total amount of unique players that have actually put in and ran their game,
for X amount of console players vs. 1 PC gamer:
- Old-gen (PS3, 360) Between 0.75:1 up to 1:1. These are old-gen ports of primarily current-gen games.
- Xbone: Between 2.5:1 up to 3.5:1. I didn't think there'd be this many Xbone players out there already.
- PS4: Between 6.5:1 up to 8:1. That's a lot of PS4s and we aren't even xmas yet.

So yeah, the PC market is tiny. drat, that's a lot of gamers missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bigger than your dick at least

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

about tree fiddy lmnao

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Are these secret poopisoft numbers

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
To be safe, Im going to go with Medium sized

Dec 26, 2012

XL

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Fungah! posted:

bigger than your dick at least

Refrain from making fun of my tiny peepee in the thread please

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
the size of the pc market is fine for it's purpose, beta testing potential parts for the playstation 5 and xbox two.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
you can always compare pc to wii u crossplatform sales to feel better.

watch dogs finally made it to wii u and it was outsold by bayonetta 2 a month after b2's release

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

you can always compare pc to wii u crossplatform sales to feel better.

watch dogs finally made it to wii u and it was outsold by bayonetta 2 a month after b2's release

that's because one of those is a good game and and the other's watchdogs

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's pretty small compared to the console market. This is why Evolve has console button prompts and FOV is a magical thing that we can rarely change.

Pee pee

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Widestancer posted:

It's pretty small compared to the console market. This is why Evolve has console button prompts and FOV is a magical thing that we can rarely change.

Pee pee

i don't get limited fov in games. whats in it for the dev to limit you to looking through a toilet paper tube?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

i don't get limited fov in games. whats in it for the dev to limit you to looking through a toilet paper tube?

This a million times. Why the gently caress can't I zoom the camera out in Shadow of Mordor? I mean most if the time it's alright but when I get into big brawls its awful that I can't see half the uruks I'm fighting

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Consoles are weak and the game would look worse in screenshots and video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Benny D posted:

This a million times. Why the gently caress can't I zoom the camera out in Shadow of Mordor? I mean most if the time it's alright but when I get into big brawls its awful that I can't see half the uruks I'm fighting

Probably because it makes it easier to model or something. At least that's the case with really lovely games; in Dead Island for example your character does some REALLY weird poo poo on PC if you open up the FOV.

• Locked thread