Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

How's life in a bigger prison, Dae-su?
First, my specs:

Windows 8
i7 3820
GTX 780 TI
16 GM Corsair RAM
SSD for OS
850 watt PSU

So, I've been having issues with my dual monitor setup. Any time I open any sort of video that requires Flash, I get some horrid stuttering. I have a Samsung 4K as my primary monitor and an Asus 1080p as my secondary. I tried reinstalling all of my drivers (including the ones for my monitors), Flash, and just about everything I can think of.

The next step was unplugging my secondary monitor (the Asus). Still, the stuttering issue remains. So then I tried using my Asus monitor as my primary. Well... that worked. What the hell? I pulled up YouTube videos and everything played flawlessly. I then disconnected the Asus monitor again and tried it on my 4K monitor. Nope, it's still stuttering.

Regardless of whether or not I'm viewing in 4K (hell, even in 480p), I get a stutter. It's primarily at it's worst when I start hitting the edges of my monitor with my mouse cursor. I even tried setting the desktop resolution down to 1080p but that did nothing either. Also, I'm using DisplayPort rather than HDMI. Just for the hell of it, I tried HDMI as well and it still didn't work. I should also mention that outside of YouTube videos, my 4K video files play effortlessly.

So as far as I can tell, all of my drivers and software are up to date as it runs just fine on my secondary monitor and for some reason my Samsung 4K is causing issues.

Edit: For shits and giggles, I opened YouTube in IE to test a 4K video. Voila! It woks in IE.

I reinstalled both Firefox and Chrome and that did nothing. I don't know what the hell is going on... It works with IE on my 4K monitor but not the other two browsers but all three will work just fine on my Asus monitor. This.doesn't.make.sense.

xzoto1 fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Which version of the GeForce drivers are you on at the moment?

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

Fruit Smoothies posted:

Which version of the GeForce drivers are you on at the moment?

Most updated (November release).

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Sounds like it's something to do with hardware acceleration, but I have no idea what that is. Maybe just suffer IE for flash? IE 11 is basically as good as other browsers now-a-days.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

xzoto1 posted:

I should also mention that outside of YouTube videos, my 4K video files play effortlessly.

Go to https://www.youtube.com/html5 and temporarily opt-out of html5 (if you're in it). See if that changes anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzoto1
Jan 18, 2010

Zogo posted:

Go to https://www.youtube.com/html5 and temporarily opt-out of html5 (if you're in it). See if that changes anything.

Oh yes, that's one thing I forgot to mention. HTML5 works great...

• Locked thread