Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i bought them and im going to play them for the first time. i have only played the beginning of the first one, but one of my party members was labeled as "?????" class, then he spawned a black hole and now he's dead. very cool so far, turn based jrpgs ftw. any tips or tricks going forward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
No interest.

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i bought them and im going to play them for the first time. i have only played the beginning of the first one, but one of my party members was labeled as "?????" class, then he spawned a black hole and now he's dead. very cool so far, turn based jrpgs ftw. any tips or tricks going forward?

It was a ????? Rune OP, It was the Soul Eater. His name is Ted.

My only advice is to live up to the hopes and dreams of everyone that placed their trust in you

Recruit the 108 Stars of Destiny, then post a screenshot in this thread so we know.

(As soon as you can start recruiting people, get Kai, the main characters personal trainer.

He's southwest of the port town that eventually leads to your castle. He's at one of those border bridges.)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zeuhl posted:

It was a ????? Rune OP, It was the Soul Eater. His name is Ted.

My only advice is to live up to the hopes and dreams of everyone that placed their trust in you

Recruit the 108 Stars of Destiny, then post a screenshot in this thread so we know.

(As soon as you can start recruiting people, get Kai, the main characters personal trainer.

He's southwest of the port town that eventually leads to your castle. He's at one of those border bridges.)

you cant screenshot ps1 or psp games on vita and it pisses me off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can point my phone at the screen. I could even make a vine about recruiting the 108th character

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

I can point my phone at the screen. I could even make a vine about recruiting the 108th character

You'll know what scene to screenshot us when you see it OP.

The easiest characters to miss are dude named Leon Silverburg

and the last blacksmith.

The window of time you have to recruit them is small for various reasons.

Look them up on Suikosource as you get further in the game

elf help book posted:

you cant screenshot ps1 or psp games on vita and it pisses me off

That is dumb, but can you screenshot a regular DS game on a 3DS?

Zeuhl fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 10, 2014

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The first game has really good music.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Zeuhl posted:

That is dumb, but can you screenshot a regular DS game on a 3DS?

I'm pretty sure you cannot.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tfw there will never be a Suikoden VI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

tfw there will never be a Suikoden VI

looking forward to experiencing this feel in about 3 years if I ever play all V suikoden's.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

looking forward to experiencing this feel in about 3 years if I ever play all V suikoden's.

Don't play 4

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Somebody explain to me in a paragraph or less why Suikoden II is so great that I need to get it on my Vita.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
the price for Suikoden 2 has fallen like a stone in the wake of this.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Popular Human posted:

Somebody explain to me in a paragraph or less why Suikoden II is so great that I need to get it on my Vita.

it's an anime rpg, and if you own a vita, you love anime rpgs

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

it's an anime rpg, and if you own a vita, you love anime rpgs

i own a vita. i dont love them. (well to be honest ive barely played any) if i ws going to play one what would be recommended? also suikodens arent available on psn in europes

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Popular Human posted:

dumb assholes have been paying like $300+ for it for years. buy it cheap on your vita to make them feel even dumber now

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

VideoGames posted:

i own a vita. i dont love them. (well to be honest ive barely played any) if i ws going to play one what would be recommended? also suikodens arent available on psn in europes

persona 4 golden or x-2

if you like numbers a lot get disgaea 4

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Popular Human posted:

the protagonist uses tonfas, how loving cool is that?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Inflammatory posted:

the protagonist uses tonfas, how loving cool is that?

That's actually incredibly gay. Gas and permaban the OP, and the poster I quoted.

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

bonzibuddy64 posted:

That's actually incredibly gay. Gas and permaban the OP, and the poster I quoted.

*Scans your memory card*

ohh, so you're using a third party memory card eh?

you like lots of data yes?

Spyro the Tom Clancy's Syphon Filter

*formats bonzibuddy64's memory card*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

spyros cool

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

S2 is god tier you filthy loving animals.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
suikoden 2 fuckin owns, but i have not played the first one. is it good too? bc if so i will probably play it, if i have the time.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Tonfas are actually really cool and fun to use. They're also good in Parasite Eve 1 and 2, which someone should buy for me off PSN (just the second one though)

My dad has a pair of tonfa he got from his teacher and they own b/c the teacher didn't think they were heavy enough so he drilled them out and put lead cores in

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 10, 2014

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Suikoden 2 has got me so pumped for gaming/RPGs.. I thought the passion was dying but it just needed a spark.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Be still, my quivering game boner...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Sub-Actuality posted:

dumb assholes have been paying like $300+ for it for years. buy it cheap on your vita to make them feel even dumber now

that'll do.

• Locked thread