Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Please let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's pretty good.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Actually, it's not, because pretty much every new game is optimized for 60 fps in mind and it can be a gigantic pain in the rear end to get it to 120 fps

the new 3d monitors have brighter 3d than the old ones but it's still noticeably darker and it really hurts your eyes, like way way more than your eyes would hurt from playing a 3ds.

i wouldnt recommend it

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

oh also a lot of 'nvidia 3d ready' titles are flat out loving lying and have all sorts of problems with the 3d

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

Actually, it's not, because pretty much every new game is optimized for 60 fps in mind and it can be a gigantic pain in the rear end to get it to 120 fps

the new 3d monitors have brighter 3d than the old ones but it's still noticeably darker and it really hurts your eyes, like way way more than your eyes would hurt from playing a 3ds.

i wouldnt recommend it

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i like it too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have a friend with an SLI'd turbo machine and yeah 3D has a ton of issues and almost never works like it's supposed to, and it never gets patched because companies dont care about the twelve people that want to run things in 3D

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dexters Secret posted:

i wouldnt recommend it

It's awesome. Stop being a hater.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
3d owns

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I decided not to mess with it since Knuc if you Buck is one of YOSPOS's most notorious superstar trolls.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's awesome. Stop being a hater.

:fut:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Does it work with like 3D videos and stuff.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Does it work with like 3D videos and stuff.

It does, yes, so if you're really big on 3D movies you could consider it an option, though if the 3DS has ever given you a headache be wary because the shutter glasses are way more stressful on your eyes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never looked at a 3DS so I have no idea.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A trained gamer should have no trouble looking 3D effects.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I never looked at a 3DS so I have no idea.

I think you need to re-examine your priorities then. What would you rather do, spend hours loving around with hardware and video settings to eek out enough fps to make 3d playable on a game that's probably going to have interface issues with the 3d, and may ultimately give you a headache? Or journey into a brand new world of gaming chock full of epic win 3ds titles? the choice is yours, gamer.

edit: oops i forgot an 'of', egg on my face :blush:

Dexters Secret fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 11, 2014

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I played just cause 2 in anaglyph (red/cyan) once to see how it was.

I've never gotten motion sick from games and can play 3ds with it on for hours no problem but when I was somewhere high I was getting vertigo like a mother bitch

I bet it's insane with good 3d

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think there's a demo for one of their 3D things so you could try it if you wanted, don't know if it's the one you're talking about though.

I only did a bit of Skyrim with my 3DTV, seemed cool enough and worked decently but I never bothered to buy it. Worth trying for free though.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

How is it with Alien: Isolation, I heard that it unofficially supports it.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I haven't been able to get it to work properly with my setup.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

If you have a 3d monitor some games do it really well but you have to wear active shutter glasses. I guess you also get the benefit of being able to watch 3d movies (the only good one is dredd). I end up using 3d in games only when I am drunk but I really bought this monitor for the 144hz refresh rate.

Next computer I build I'd rather have a larger single 4k monitor to use with trackir for flight sims.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's neat when it works right.

Some games cheat on shading and stuff, and that will mess it up hardcore.

If you have the specs for the game you're trying to run 3D, I think it's worth at least trying out.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive never felt as immersed in the world of black mesa as i do now with the nvidia 3d thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
It's great when it works. It seems to work better on titles from 2011-2013 than newer ones, because apparently no one gives a gently caress about 3D anymore? And, as someone else said, just because the developer claims it works with 3D, you should treat that the same way you treat all claims from games developers which is that it's got no bearing on the facts.

That said, I got the rog swift a few weeks back and it's baller as gently caress.

• Locked thread