Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Don't wanna brag but can almost always beat the first stage in one life. It rarely takes more than ten bucks for me a beat a whole game. But I've been playing since back in the day, these skills don't come over night lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

LawfulWaffle posted:

Don't wanna brag but can almost always beat the first stage in one life. It rarely takes more than ten bucks for me a beat a whole game. But I've been playing since back in the day, these skills don't come over night lol

When I was at my peak "dude im gonna 1cc MS3" stage I was getting to stage 5 without getting hit.

of course 1-4 is the easy half of the game.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N5mhx5pN5s

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

thank you thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you thank you

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

God drat. I wouldn't even try to 1cc 3. Working on X right now, but the Steam version is not ideal for that. I really want a consolize MVS at some point, but until then, I guess ports will have to do.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I remember playing a game like Metal Slug at my arcade once. It had dolphins and a strong Waterworld/Blue Submarine No. 6 vibe, but I forget the name. I played it once and some days I wonder if it was only a technicolor dream. Does this ring any bells for any one?

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I remember playing a game like Metal Slug at my arcade once. It had dolphins and a strong Waterworld/Blue Submarine No. 6 vibe, but I forget the name. I played it once and some days I wonder if it was only a technicolor dream. Does this ring any bells for any one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgRYVMKpug

Iron Casanova fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 13, 2014

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I love me some Sega Saturn.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Nope, sorry. I love In The Hunt, and I see how my it matches my description, but this game starred humanoids with guns that looked a little like muskets or blunderbusses. I vaguely remember looking for a ROM of it after leaving the arcade and reading something about it's hardware not having been correctly emulated yet (?).

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Kazvall posted:

I love me some Sega Saturn.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Nope, sorry. I love In The Hunt, and I see how my it matches my description, but this game starred humanoids with guns that looked a little like muskets or blunderbusses. I vaguely remember looking for a ROM of it after leaving the arcade and reading something about it's hardware not having been correctly emulated yet (?).

What year was this?

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

dolphin blue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a5A4-b1630

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

That has to be it, wow.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

this looks real drat fun

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Yep, that's the one. Thanks!

Kazvall posted:

this looks real drat fun

It was. But it was cycled out of the arcade as quickly as it came in. :shrug:

I miss arcades, and my heart goes out to anyone living in an area without a barcade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yep, that's the one. Thanks!

It was. But it was cycled out of the arcade as quickly as it came in. :shrug:

I miss arcades, and my heart goes out to anyone living in an area without a barcade.

Yeah, it sucks.My town used to have a bunch during the spring break craze of the 90s, now there's nothing.

• Locked thread