Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Dungeon and Fighters/Dungeon Fighter/Arad Senki also got an anime, but it's also playable in Japan, just like Ragnarok Online.
I doubt any Korean studio would take the initiative to make an animated version of The Breaker and it isn't published in Japan. That only leaves the original publisher to contract somebody.

Freezing is another Japanese-Korean manga that got an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Winter Sonata got an anime a few years back, if we're talking international export media crossovers.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've always wondered why the Murim aren't being used for attempting to conquer the North?

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Lurking Haro posted:

Dungeon and Fighters/Dungeon Fighter/Arad Senki also got an anime, but it's also playable in Japan, just like Ragnarok Online.
I doubt any Korean studio would take the initiative to make an animated version of The Breaker and it isn't published in Japan. That only leaves the original publisher to contract somebody.

Freezing is another Japanese-Korean manga that got an anime.
I was thinking of Black God too -- regarding Korean-made comics getting animated in Japan. Not that I'm an expert in these things, but I don't see Japan making Korean manhwa into anime, ever. This begs the question, does Korea have a similar dynamic? I don't think they do because the typical manhwa is really generally a web-toon.No? I think most are. I don't even know if there is such a thing as a Korean "anime". Let me use "The Google".

Doesn't really tell me much. I knew that a lot of American stuff was done, at least to some degree, in Korea. Maybe the key difference is studios with major accomplishments. In the USA we have Disney and Dream Works, etc. Japan had Ghibli and Satoshi Kon. Korea?

Also, from clicking on some of the various titles listed in the article I referenced, nothing stands out with any specific style. Japanese manga/animation has a more or less universal style (or a series of styles).

Speaking of the Winter Season, though, Holy Knight put up a second episode on Crunchyroll. The description makes it look pretty generic and potentially very boring/bad. I am going to watch the first episode though to see how it looks because Tuesdays are horrible anyway.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

There's the Korean anime movie about a duck.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

There's the Korean anime movie about a duck.

Leafie, A Hen into the Wild is an amazing movie

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they do live action adaptions instead, and a lot of them. they also like to put anime refs in shows.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5nE8W8xfYKM

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Leafie, A Hen into the Wild is an amazing movie

Thats a badass lookin' duck.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

KoB posted:

Thats a badass lookin' duck.

he fights a weasel

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

There's also Aachi and Ssipak, featuring Korea's national pastime: making poop jokes.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Animator Expo is back with a new short premiering on Friday from Hiroyuki Imaishi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
What is Blossom doing hanging out with the Lupin the Third crew???

• Locked thread