Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didn't hear about this game until like 3 years ago, and I'm playing it for the first time. Fairly epic. If you want, talk about other classic games your playing for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUi2C_62zXY

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm pretty pissed off that I don't get to hear anymore of that game's excellent banter. be in no rush to beat it, op. savor it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I didn't hear about this game until like 3 years ago, and I'm playing it for the first time. Fairly epic. If you want, talk about other classic games your playing for the first time.

you're playing the original for the NES, or the 3DS one?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NES, on my Wii U.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I've never played that one. i owned the gameboy version as a kid, but was poo poo at it. 3DS version is teh epic win tho.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I still love Kid Icarus, despite its inverse difficulty curve and all the little things in the game that seems to be done specifically to annoy you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zen death robot posted:

I haven't played that in a log time, but I remember it being hard as hell.

its a weird kinda grind game where you get a max health boost at the end of each level based on how many enemies youve killed, so the early levels are way harder

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It seems hard and there's a lot of weird items but I have the 3D Classics version so
I guess I might as well try to beat it.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
the best games are the ones you have to map yourself

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wasn't it was mostly programmed like by one guy alone?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
kid icarus is what happens when you want to make a game that's sorta like metroid but you preemptively hate everyone that's going to play it

good game though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that loving noise when the dude sees you omg

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Azraelle posted:

I still love Kid Icarus, despite its inverse difficulty curve and all the little things in the game that seems to be done specifically to annoy you.
A shame you can't yell into your NES controller, at the merchant. You could try.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Scalding Coffee posted:

A shame you can't yell into your NES controller, at the merchant. You could try.

This would have been a perfect feature for the Famicom Mic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i have the NES kid icarus on my wii, but never got very far at all, as i was a stupid teenager who could not beat hard NES games. mayhaps i will try it again....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The thing where just pressing down on some platforms makes you drop through them instead of down and jump is killing me a lot.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I think the farthest I've ever gotten into this game is like 5 screens in before saying gently caress it, this is too hard, and doing something else, which in most cases was playing contra

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

just go up, seems easy enough I just oh godammit

Imma try again lemme put on my contra face and gently caress fell again

hey cool whats in this room gently caress is everything attacking me no I have no health now

ok nothing can stop me this time yeah bitches, oh gently caress you can fall through the clouds

go up don't get hit go up don't get it, only a sliver of life left YES THE EXIT *red squiddy thing spawns kills u*

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Quirk posted:

just go up, seems easy enough I just oh godammit

Imma try again lemme put on my contra face and gently caress fell again

hey cool whats in this room gently caress is everything attacking me no I have no health now

ok nothing can stop me this time yeah bitches, oh gently caress you can fall through the clouds

go up don't get hit go up don't get it, only a sliver of life left YES THE EXIT *red squiddy thing spawns kills u*

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

then you run around forever drawing a map as an eggplant

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Palutena is a top five anime. Just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Scalding Coffee posted:

I had to google to see if this was a thing and it owns hard.

• Locked thread