Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

its name is snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

(not really tho)

pram
Jun 10, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

in high school we all had ibooks

the admin password was the school's address

they were so embarrassed when kids found out, they got the cops to press charges against a dozen of them

lol

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
thinkin when i get home i'm gonna rename it to "password is taco"

((password will not be taco))

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

thinkin when i get home i'm gonna rename it to "password is taco"

((password will not be taco))

this is lame. set the password to taco and do static dhcp leases with a weird subnet. that's actually funny

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Jonny 290 posted:

this is lame. set the password to taco and do static dhcp leases with a weird subnet. that's actually funny

idgi

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
ya how can you do a static lease if you dont know the MAC of the connecting device coming in.

maybe jonny meant put them in a segregated vlan

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they'd be connected but their poo poo would come up with a dumb exclamation point or bitchbox cause they wouldnt be in the whitelist table for "this mac address gets this IP"

so unless theyre dedicated enough to figure out the subnet, router and netmask (in which case they've earned leech rights and you should let them be) they will be able to connect but wont have any internet

e: this is based on a "you build a static table for the poo poo you own and nothing else" predication

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

drug resistant gonorrhea

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

As a Millennial I posted:

in high school we all had ibooks

the admin password was the school's address

they were so embarrassed when kids found out, they got the cops to press charges against a dozen of them

lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pachinko's Evil Network. Pachinko was my cat who died 6 years back.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
Mines Personal_Info_Honeypot

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
wifi beater

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Crème Fraîche

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
mine is "NSA Surveillance Van"

someone else in my building has "Tentacle Grape"

then theres just a shitload of the default comcast HOME-XXX networks because only centurylink and comcast come into the building and centurylink sucks unbelievable amounts of rear end here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Egan Yardley posted:

its name is snipe

you just named my wifi thanks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Arcsech posted:

someone else in my building has "Tentacle Grape"

then theres just a shitload of the default comcast HOME-XXX networks because only centurylink and comcast come into the building and centurylink sucks unbelievable amounts of rear end here

nobody is going to believe this story but I named my old wifi EPS Surveillance Van, and at one point my sister's boyfriend came runninng to me one day and told me there was a police van in the neighborhood and I laughed and told him it was me

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

series of tubes, at home.
at work the various access points are named after members of the wu tang clan.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pedo palace

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
as a prank to play on people you mildly dislike and want to see charged as a sex
offender... LOL

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Arcsech posted:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

"Yer A WiFi Arry"

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
using_others'_networks_is_a_crime

stupid isp-provided ap doesn't let me use spaces

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hackbunny posted:

using_others'_networks_is_a_crime

stupid isp-provided ap doesn't let me use spaces

it let's you use apostrophe's?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
"others"? I can never remember the rule

actual name is in italian and yes it uses an apostrophe, in place of a grave accent, also not supported. go figure

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hackbunny posted:

"others"? I can never remember the rule

actual name is in italian and yes it uses an apostrophe, in place of a grave accent, also not supported. go figure

i think you're apostrophe i's in the right spot; i wa's just curiou's about whether that character was allowed

(it hurts me to write like that; never again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

duckfarts posted:

wifi beater

a good wifi name

Arcsech posted:

"Tentacle Grape"

a better wifi name

• Locked thread