Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Problem description: There are red lines all across my new wacom cintiq 13hd

Attempted fixes: I've tried reinstalling my wacom drivers and updating my videocard drivers. I've sent in support tickets to wacom but they haven't responded.

Recent changes: Other than the cintiq none.

Operating system: windows 7 64-bit

System specs: athlon 2 triple core, xfx 5770, 400w psu, 4gb ddr3, gigabyte motherboard

I have Googled and read the FAQ: yes

Here's shaky-cam of the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4KzdTqe48U

I don't get the lines when plugging anything else into the hdmi slot on my videocard. I don't get the lines when I plug my cintiq into my laptop. Fiddling with the hdmi connection can temporarily make the lines go away.

Macksy fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Well, you've mostly answered your own question, issue is probably something to do with some part of the HDMI connection between Cintiq and PC. I'm also tempted to say it has something to do with decoding issues, as the red lines didn't seem to be showing up outside the game/video window, though that could have just been due to the different contrasts. Do you have other HDMI cables you can test with?

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Skandranon posted:

Well, you've mostly answered your own question, issue is probably something to do with some part of the HDMI connection between Cintiq and PC. I'm also tempted to say it has something to do with decoding issues, as the red lines didn't seem to be showing up outside the game/video window, though that could have just been due to the different contrasts. Do you have other HDMI cables you can test with?

The red lines do show up outside the window, it's just harder to see. The problem is far more visible when there's lots of contrast and movement which is why I used a video.
I can't test another hdmi cable with the cintiq because it's build into the device(a proprietary connection to the screen which then splits into hdmi, usb, and power.)

The amd catalyst control has crashed numerous times when I've had the cintiq plugged in. Also it's a 13 inch 1080p screen so I don't know if that would be a factor in any of this.

Macksy fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 17, 2014

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Try uninstalling your video drivers, rebooting, then running Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the remnants, then rebooting and reinstalling the Catalyst Omega drivers. If you still have problems, try the latest Beta release listed below the Omega drivers on the download page.

• Locked thread