Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Last week ended the hopes of a lot of playoff hopefuls, so this week things are a bit bleaker, with a lot of teams expecting to hold serve or jocky around for seeding.

Major playoff implications:

Cardinals @ Seahawks
Colts @ Cowboys
Broncos @ Bengals
Falcons @ Saints
Chiefs @ Steelers

Holding serve:

Eagles @ Washington
Chargers @ 49ers
Ravens @ Texans
Lions @ Bears
Packers @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Jets
Bills @ Raiders
Browns @ Panthers

Elimination station:

Titans @ Jaguars
Vikings @ Dolphins
Giants @ Rams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Bears got shut shut out over the first three quarters of their game against the Saints. The Saints have the 31st ranked defense. This week the Bears play the Lions and their coach is as lame duck as it gets. They will not score a single drat point.

I will watch every solitary minute of this awful game as the sounds of loathing laughter drift from my living room.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 17, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Poor JFF, I would think it would be easier having your second career start come against a team that hasnt practiced against a mobile quarterback for the last 4 years.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lt. Chips posted:

The Bears got shut shut out over the first three quarters of their game against the Saints. The Saints have the 31st ranked defense. This week the Bears play the Lions and their coach is as lame duck as it gets. They will not score a single drat point.

I will watch every solitary minute of this awful game as the sounds of loathing laughter drift from my living room.

The Bears will win their last two games in a stunning enough fashion that they will ruin there draft position and keep the entire coaching staff

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Rams are going to school the Giants and the Rams will again end a season on a mostly high note causing everyone to pick them as a darkhorse next year.

ODB is probably not going to have yet another great game since Eli won't have time to throw.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
With the Cardinals starting Ryan Lindley, the Seattle secondary should have fun with this game. Alternatively, with little tape on him, he could surprise the hell out of them with this game leaving Sherman embarrassed.

This is going to be a defensive battle, through and through. Both teams are stacked on defense, and with the way Seattle's defense has been playing since Bobby Wagner has returned, I think they have the edge going into this one. Seattle's rushing game is the top in the game when you factor in RW and Lynch together. TOP will be critical to giving each team's respective defenses a rest. Seattle proved it can win important games away from home with a middling QB against Philly. I think they'll do it here with Lindley being Lindley.

Prediction: Seattle wins 20-7.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vikings @ Dolphins

We will lose because it's a dumb pointless game and we won't try.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
we repeat 2013 with our shitass rookie receivers and win 58-0 gently caress the cardinals long live tiny football jesus go hawks hail satan

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ehud posted:

Vikings @ Dolphins

We will lose because it's a dumb pointless game and we won't try.

On the other hand, Cameron Wake could have a career day against Mike Harris and Matt Kalil.

I have no idea what to make of this game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Wake hasn't made much of an impact for the past month or so. He's had maybe one or two standout plays. I'm not sure what's wrong with him.

I think the Vikings will win with the running game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What's wrong with him is he realized he was on the Dolphins

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was really surprised Wake / the Dolphins pass rush didn't do much of anything in general.

Solder got really hosed with by Melvin Ingram the week before.

One thing I've been thinking about though, is 7 of those holding serve games are teams fighting for playoff spots on the road against what should be inferior competition.

Realistically a few of them probably have to lose.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Bill are going to loving wreck the fragile Raiders offense

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
An angry and humiliated Packers team is going to travel to Tampa in a game that they need to win to keep them in contention for the NFC North.

Lovie Smith is Packer kryptonite but doesn't have a QB or talented roster to pull out a win here.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Who's ready for bad football tomorrow? Titans and Jags. Don't :getin:.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Aaron Rodgers is gonna be Really Pissed Off about last week, and when he's Really Pissed Off he does horrible things to opposing teams. This will be a bloodbath.

I never say this, I never predict something like this, but this one time I'll loving say it.

Packers by 30.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Fenrir posted:

Aaron Rodgers is gonna be Really Pissed Off about last week, and when he's Really Pissed Off he does horrible things to opposing teams. This will be a bloodbath.

I never say this, I never predict something like this, but this one time I'll loving say it.

Packers by 30.

Rodgers' confidence is shot, Bucs by 70

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Rodgers' confidence is shot, Bucs by 70

Rodgers feeds on slights, real and imaginary. He's going to anally violate the Bucs

He'll probably win the game too

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Jim Schwartz beat Rodgers last week, now it's time for Lovie Smith and Leslie Frazier to do their part. The Buccaneers are one of the few teams that Rodgers has a losing record against.

The Chicago Bears are the Chicago Bears. The Lions shouldn't lose to this so-called team.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Andy Dalton, in primetime, against Peyton Manning, who a Marvin Lewis coached team has never beaten, with a depleted linebacker corps in a game with major implications.

49-3 Bengals

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Chicago Bears are the Chicago Bears. The Lions shouldn't lose to this so-called team.

I feel bad for Jimmy Clausen. He's not going to know what hit him. I predict a plethora of "deer in the headlights" moments for that game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bengals/Broncos Analysis: Please win, Chiefs.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Jets vs Patriots - Uh yeah. Don't get hurt parts of the Jets that we'll actually use next year.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Chargers-49ers: At this point, you could make a more complete team than either of these by combining their IR rosters. Just needs a quarterback, and we're set.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
If Rivers plays, San Diego is going to score an assload of points. If it's Kellen Clemens, get ready for a 9-6 suckfest.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Idiot Kicker posted:

If Rivers plays, San Diego is going to score an assload of points. If it's Kellen Clemens, get ready for a 9-6 suckfest.

Why in the world would Kellen Clemens play?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Why in the world would Kellen Clemens play?

I saw an article that said Rivers was in pain but "planning" to play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Idiot Kicker posted:

I saw an article that said Rivers was in pain but "planning" to play.

Rivers has never missed a start. There is zero chance he'll miss Saturday's game.

also it looks like Keenan Allen and Ryan Mathews both won't play, so that's cool

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Jim Schwartz beat Rodgers last week, now it's time for Lovie Smith and Leslie Frazier to do their part. The Buccaneers are one of the few teams that Rodgers has a losing record against.

Let me tell you about Aaron Rodgers vs Leslie Frazier defenses...

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ehud posted:

Wake hasn't made much of an impact for the past month or so. He's had maybe one or two standout plays. I'm not sure what's wrong with him.

I think the Vikings will win with the running game.

In all fairness with AD and McKinnon out our run game is awful. Asiata can catch, and Ben Tate and Joe Banyard are serviceable for the few touches they get a game, but I would be shocked if they average more then 3.5 per carry.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Can the Chiefs beat the Steelers?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Dr Tran posted:

Depends on if the good Steelers or Bad Steelers show up, but yes, the Chiefs are capable of beating a team that once lost to Tampa Bay and New Orleans.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Depends on if the good Steelers or Bad Steelers show up, but yes, the Chiefs are capable of beating a team that once lost to Tampa Bay and New Orleans.

In theory they are, but has Pron has noted it's a terrible matchup for KC's D. The Chiefs can't stop the run at all and have trouble with QBs who can extend the play and let a legitimately amazing receiver get open. I hope all of this is wrong obviously but it's a pretty scary game.

In addition to that I gather that the weak spot on Pittsburgh's D is corner, and...well Chiefs receivers.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 18, 2014

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Dr Tran posted:

The Steelers lost to the Jets.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And the Chiefs lost to the Raiders and Titans so...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Jimmy Clausen is starting for the Bears.

The bears are gonna put up 45 points, and the Bears will ship Pickles to the Cards who will yet again get a terrible QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

OxySnake posted:

In all fairness with AD and McKinnon out our run game is awful. Asiata can catch, and Ben Tate and Joe Banyard are serviceable for the few touches they get a game, but I would be shocked if they average more then 3.5 per carry.

nah I am right

• Locked thread