Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Jazzimus Prime posted:

According to my time zone, he appeared to have posted that 17 minutes before April Fool's Day. :colbert:

According to YOUR time zone, being the key word. It was already April Fool's day in more than 80% of the world before I ever posted anything, so hey, I'm in the clear!

EDIT: Btw, if you're considering watching the movie...do yourself a favor, and just skip on it. What you saw here was the best it had to offer, and, I would argue, the only legitimately funny moment in the movie that didn't involve dirty humor, . Other than that, it's all horrible animation, extremely in-your-face sexual innuendo, bad writing, and gross-out humor. AVOID, at all costs :catstare:.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
This game arguably played a nontrivial role in teaching me to read. :allears:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fionordequester posted:

Alright everyone, the new episode is finally here! Here you go!

Dragon Quest 1 SNES vs. NES

What the gently caress was that? It's terrifying.

The n00b Avenger
Dec 21, 2014
Now that is a final boss

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fionordequester posted:

According to YOUR time zone, being the key word. It was already April Fool's day in more than 80% of the world before I ever posted anything, so hey, I'm in the clear!

EDIT: Btw, if you're considering watching the movie...do yourself a favor, and just skip on it. What you saw here was the best it had to offer, and, I would argue, the only legitimately funny moment in the movie that didn't involve dirty humor, . Other than that, it's all horrible animation, extremely in-your-face sexual innuendo, bad writing, and gross-out humor. AVOID, at all costs :catstare:.

That was an actual movie? :psyduck: It looks like in-engine footage from a C-list videogame from 2005.

(Yes, I know what it was, I'm just flabbergasted that it ever made it to release.)

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Gabriel Pope posted:

That was an actual movie? :psyduck: It looks like in-engine footage from a C-list videogame from 2005.

(Yes, I know what it was, I'm just flabbergasted that it ever made it to release.)

I was legitimately wondering for a bit there if it represented some of the later content possible from The Movies (which has an ongoing LP right now), until I realized that the model quality was way too high. The unintelligible voices, random flailing, strange camera angles, and nonsensical plot would otherwise have been right at home.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Arivia posted:

What the gently caress was that? It's terrifying.

Foodfight.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I think some people may have been paid to actually do these things.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It looked better than that Dragon Ball parody comic the forum keeps linking.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cheez posted:

I think some people may have been paid to actually do these things.

45 million dollar budget, and over a decade in production. It is not just a bad movie, it is the most lovingly crafted statue of a turd ever forged by mortal hands. It's a movie whose good qualities only exist in order to be made into horrible things. Ed Wood would shed a tear in joy if he knew of its existence.

(For that matter, it might be part of the reason Charlie Sheen is angry at everything constantly.)

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

All that needs to be said about Food Fight is that it is literally the Duke Nukem Forever of animated film.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
It got DLC that was better than the original?

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Frocobo posted:

All that needs to be said about Food Fight is that it is literally the Duke Nukem Forever of animated film.

That's incredibly unfair to Duke. That game was bad, but if it had come out on schedule it would have actually been pretty okay for its time. Food Fight? Food Fight is garbage, no matter the age or time period. Its not even so bad its good, the animation is so poo poo that it can make you physically ill from starring at it too long.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

KataraniSword posted:

It's a movie whose good qualities only exist in order to be made into horrible things.

Except of course, Mr. Clipboard, voiced by the magnificent Christopher Lloyd. He is a character that even the movie could not ruin :allears:...

No, seriously, to me, he is the high point of the movie. He is the one person who's shtick would be funny even in a good movie (at least once you made the model and animation quality higher, perhaps making him look a little less creepy in the process). Heck, you could even put him in a cartoon series, and have him be like "The Red Guy" in Cow & Chicken. Maybe keep giving him weird names like "Dr. Needle", or "Mr. Soapdish", or "Mr. Fork", and other weird names...Sigh, rather too bad that he's only in the movie for like, three minutes, tops :sigh: ...

Anyways, the REAL episode is coming soon, so look forward to it!

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 2, 2015

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Fionordequester posted:

Alright everyone, the new episode is finally here! Here you go!

Dragon Quest 1 SNES vs. NES

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Alright, so, I've just gotten the first draft of my commentary done. There's still large chunks of dead space in the grinding segments, and of course, my diction isn't always perfect, what with me sometimes fumbling for words and the like, so I still have to do a once over to get rid of that stuff.

But other than that, I've gotten the episode mostly done. In fact, I can even upload the first five minutes if you wish, that way if there are any abnormalities in how I speak, or in the volume levels or anything like that, we can figure that out before I post it. What do you guys think? Would you wish for me to do that?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Fionordequester posted:

Alright, so, I've just gotten the first draft of my commentary done. There's still large chunks of dead space in the grinding segments, and of course, my diction isn't always perfect, what with me sometimes fumbling for words and the like, so I still have to do a once over to get rid of that stuff.

But other than that, I've gotten the episode mostly done. In fact, I can even upload the first five minutes if you wish, that way if there are any abnormalities in how I speak, or in the volume levels or anything like that, we can figure that out before I post it. What do you guys think? Would you wish for me to do that?

Usually the Sandcastle is where tests like this are done, but hey, if you want to inflict video on the people actually following your LP, then I doubt they'll complain. :v:

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Alright guys, after the end of school, I have finally begun working on this again. In fact, I've gotten the whole first hour of commentary done on this one day, and I'm predicting that the rest will come very shortly. Look forward to the update soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Fionordequester posted:

Alright guys, after the end of school, I have finally begun working on this again. In fact, I've gotten the whole first hour of commentary done on this one day, and I'm predicting that the rest will come very shortly. Look forward to the update soon!

Glad this isn't dead. Looking forward to it! :toot:

• Locked thread