Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
someone bought far cry 3, far cry 4, assassin's creed unity, and watch_dogs on my origin account in the span of a minute, so now i have to stay up for four hours until EA's phone support is live.

goddamn. that'll teach me to store credit card info on things. stay safe gamers

edit: origin doesn't let you remove your primary payment method, so that's cool

MarioTeachesWiping fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
AC Unity and Watch Dogs? Those monsters

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
youve been fully infected by uplay and origin, they are now working as designed

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wonder if anyone's broken into my stuff and then gotten really disappointed when they can't buy any games

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

i wonder if anyone's broken into my stuff and then gotten really disappointed when they can't buy any games

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I too have been "hacked", op, and woken up with things I did not desire . Generally next to an empty bottle of old granddad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

I too have been "hacked", op, and woken up with things I did not desire . Generally next to an empty bottle of old granddad

Funny Alcoholism

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

My Origin account could get hacked and I'd never know.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
If my Origin account got hacked they would find no payment option as all my acquisitions have been free games that I've never even played through Origin (Heyo, Sims 2!)

Also hacking someone's Origin account might be the most pathetic thing ever. Like wow. What a waste of the time and effort to hack someone.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

elf help book posted:

youve been fully infected by uplay and origin, they are now working as designed

poor tails butthole guy

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
apparently this is happening to other people, and it's the exact same games each time.

someone out there just really wants people to play the latest ubisoft games this holiday season

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Cyra posted:

apparently this is happening to other people, and it's the exact same games each time.

someone out there just really wants people to play the latest ubisoft games this holiday season

it's ubisoft doing it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother has had his origin account hacked 2 separate times

do not store your credit info on origin, its security is a joke and/or people love targeting it

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
If my steam account ever get hacked I hope they game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

you deserve this for having an Origin account lol

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

my battle.net account got hacked once and i had to waste an hour of my life on hold with blizzard to get back an account for a service i don't even use, full of games i hate

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cyra posted:

someone bought far cry 3, far cry 4, assassin's creed unity, and watch_dogs on my origin account in the span of a minute, so now i have to stay up for four hours until EA's phone support is live.

owned, human being

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Devour or Fire posted:

owned, human being

Reported.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
stay safe...

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

program666 posted:

If my steam account ever get hacked I hope they game

You hope Aerith dies? Wtf?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
whey they finally release an HD version aerith will have shot firts

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
I'm the hacker

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

red plastic cup posted:

I'm the hacker

did you enjoy playing far cry 3 for all of five minutes?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
i got keylogged once and someone stole my steam account

i have like 300+ games on there so it sucked but I got it back really quick

this was also before you could have your paypal linked to steam so that probably saved me some money lol

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

my league account got stolen, I didn't do anything about it for a long time and when I finally decided to take it back the person got me ranked into gold and a bunch of new champs and runes. thanks mystery hax0r

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'd joke about how now you get to jam out to a bunch of fun new games but it's Unity and poo poo. That sucks OP.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Cyra posted:

Yeah my console gamer by way of pc ports co worker said this happened to him like a week ago.

For his trouble they offered a coupon for like 20% off

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 24, 2014

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Did they hack into your OnLive account, too?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

did they not buy dragon age 2 because you already own it?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I'm glad I don't have any of these parody Steam platforms.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Cyra posted:

Meanwhile call your bank/credit card issuer and contest the charges. Chances are they have a 24 hr support line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Paper Diamonds posted:

Meanwhile call your bank/credit card issuer and contest the charges. Chances are they have a 24 hr support line.

The games are being refunded, and in case I incur an overdraft fee they can take care of that as well. One thing I'll say for EA is their customer service line is pretty great.

• Locked thread