Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

For some reason I started thinking about that mess this afternoon and apparently it still exists despite running everyone off with its insane cashgrab business model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Margaret Thatcher
Jan 2, 2013

by Cowcaster
Is anybody still playing it? I never knew there was anybody playing it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Margaret Thatcher posted:

Is anybody still playing it? I never knew there was anybody playing it.

I reinstalled for laughs and found 150 people logged in, maybe 30 of them actually playing, the rest clogging up the lobby with afk shops. We had a bit of a goon presence during the beta back in 2010 but everyone quit shortly after it went live as far as I know.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 31, 2014

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
I remember having a good bit of fun with this game when playing it exclusively with friends in order to completely avoid the freemium garbage. But that was back in...2011? or something.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I played this trash for a week or two way back in the 2010 beta with some of the old Space Cowboy goons. We had a handful of players who had knowledge of upcoming content from the asian servers and could tell us the best builds to ruin everyone with long before they became standard knowledge.

Upon official release the horrible monetization quickly drove us from the game, but those couple weeks of beta were a lot of fun. I don't know anyone who stayed more than a week once they started charging IRL money to actually get any customization of worth.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Neat game idea ruined by anime and lovely cash shop do not play 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead By Example
Jul 17, 2009

I buy and resell Pokemon cards for a living. If you're ever looking to sell your childhood, please reach out!
Fallen Rib
Someone should just make a Bad MMO Megathread so that everyone has a place to talk about their personal Bad MMO

• Locked thread