Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison

idk a kid is like a dog imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland

by XyloJW
My cousin has a dog and a 16 month old son.

They seem to get along pretty well, the dog was a little jealous at first that the kid was getting all the attention, but now the kid is giving him attention too so he is happy.

IDK what kind of dog it is though but it is shaggy and white.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

how is your new dog are you having a good night together?

Al Borland

by XyloJW
I wish I had a dog.

I've never had a dog.

The closest thing I've had was a stuffed animal as a kid. It was a lil yellow putty with a rattle inside. I called him rattle and would hug him when I went to sleep with my blankey.

I miss rattle and my blankey :saddowns:

----------------

City of Glompton

Al Borland posted:

I wish I had a dog.

I've never had a dog.

The closest thing I've had was a stuffed animal as a kid. It was a lil yellow putty with a rattle inside. I called him rattle and would hug him when I went to sleep with my blankey.

I miss rattle and my blankey :saddowns:

that is sad :( :glomp:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

El Spider

Al Borland posted:

Huskies / Malamutes seem super smart. You should get one of them.

my experience with huskies has been that they're very barky and alpha and need more training than it sounds like op will have time to do depending on the shipping date of his baby

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Los Lobos posted:

my experience with huskies has been that they're very barky and alpha and need more training than it sounds like op will have time to do depending on the shipping date of his baby

ah All I know is the ones I've met have been rather chill but they were all female.

One of them if you talked to it though ti would try and talk back in some weird grumble bark language. Which was pretty hilarious.

----------------

El Spider

lab mutt or beagle sound pretty good for your general dog needs right now op

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Siluvayne posted:

that is sad :( :glomp:

They're somewhere back home but I just kinda wanna turn into a child again and cuddle up with them for a day.

My other cousin has two basset hounds she rescued and has two young children ages like 1 and 2. They seem to get along well.

----------------

El Spider

well to be fair i work in a vet clinic and much of my handling has been restraint for blood collection or other uncomfortable stuff. a lot of owners in my area don't fix their dogs and let them jump all over people like in a wwe match too

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Los Lobos posted:

well to be fair i work in a vet clinic and much of my handling has been restraint for blood collection or other uncomfortable stuff. a lot of owners in my area don't fix their dogs and let them jump all over people like in a wwe match too

You may have to keep the puppy and the kid separated for a year or so though too. Cause you know a playful pup will try playing with the kid and one of them doesn't have thick skin and k9s yet.

:ohdear:

That poor dog wont have a chance.

----------------

Synathaesia

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

let puppy and baby fight it out, keep the survivor

Al Borland

by XyloJW
I'm really glad a lot of the work crew people are staying around.

----------------

El Spider

its a shame a husky would need to be supertrained because i think spitz breeds are cool in general

----------------

Finger Prince

Having a Husky in the not-arctic is like having a pug in Miami

AAB

Los Lobos posted:

its a shame a husky would need to be supertrained because i think spitz breeds are cool in general

I agree. I'd go for one but I wouldn't have the time and I don't want it to suffer through the summers here.

AAB

pig slut lisa posted:

how is your new dog are you having a good night together?

I have not gotten dog yet. My research has takem me to the "Picture of a dog" thread

Refried Noodle

If you're getting a beagle find one that has been / you can still take to puppy training. Beagles are terrible listeners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synathaesia

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

quoting because it's loving cute still

• Locked thread