Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Fence in only part of the yard you dipshit.

Edit: my sister had invisible fences! This is how cute her dog looked about a week before he crossed the line for the xth time and got squished by a car!

Also remember that the most fun of living the country is taking hairpin turns at 65 mph so plz rely on a normal type fence

Tasty_Crayon fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tasty_Crayon posted:

Fence in only part of the yard you dipshit.

TC you came too late, like usual. I know this from your boyfriend. Who told me that last night.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

TC you came too late, like usual. I know this from your boyfriend. Who told me that last night.

Oh man is that where those teeth marks came from? You gotta use some more finesse in your knob jobs girl.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tasty_Crayon posted:

Oh man is that where those teeth marks came from? You gotta use some more finesse in your knob jobs girl.

:( He said he liked it

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:( He said he liked it

Shhh shh shh, honey I will have a talk with him about how the Truth Is Important

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I don't get it. Why can't you just fence a little yard in around the back of the house, other than being too lazy to scoop poop?

Also good job guys, way to be loving insane about something dumb.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Knob jobs are never dumb :colbert:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pile of Kittens posted:

I don't get it. Why can't you just fence a little yard in around the back of the house, other than being too lazy to scoop poop?

I'm gonna make nair for pussies so your carpet can match your drapes

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I have roman blinds, not drapes, you insensitive harridan.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pile of Kittens posted:

I have roman blinds, not drapes, you insensitive harridan.

I guess that makes your oval office a revolving door, then.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Pile of Kittens posted:

Seriously, just build a run for the dogs. They can hang out there and poo poo all they want, and it'll be much cheaper than fencing the whole property.

quote:

You're not the boss of PI any more, PoK. :colbert:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Sometimes I just look at pictures of good fences, and it really calms me down. I just can't emphasize enough all the things a nice, strong, hard fence does to me physically and on other levels.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Esp one with a nice strong dependable latch.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Tasty_Crayon posted:

Esp one with a nice strong dependable latch.

A gate is only as secure as the people who are supposed to ensure it is latched, though.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I've decided to go with a moat.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

hello please be fencing-positive, i have many fence friends on tumblr plz follow us at https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/fence

Seriously though, a well-done and attractive fence is a big positive. There are a ton of options out there, from seriously pretty, to low-visibility. You can even cut costs by making the road-facing stuff out of rustic nice 3ft split rail topped with hot tape, then the rest with 4ft livestock post and panel with a 2ft tall hot tape runner. You don't need a 6fter.

Or just run hot tape and zap the dogs.

Or just train them to come when called, I dunno man.

If anyone bugs you about it, claim states rights and threaten to ceed. Then go for the moat. Lowes has some really pretty moat options for the DIYer.

\/\/ I say look into a 4fter and hot-tape then. I'm scared of and hate touching the stuff when I turned it off myself and I am a functional rational human being.\/\/

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 3, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yes, it has to be 6 feet. The lab is 10 and can still almost make it over the 6 footer.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Oh Jesus, I just tried to google hot tape for examples. Fun times. Okay, that's a colloquial name for it. Electric Fence Ribbon is the real name for it. Go to Tractor Supply, they have solar fence chargers good for 5 miles of fence for 150bux. Ask them about it. If anyone gives you poo poo for real, say you plan to get horses.

Kinda like this, in ever-popular ms paint

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 3, 2015

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

We bought a house with 5 acres last March; It has a woven wire perimeter fence around the entire property, and then a rail horse fence like dis

around roughly 2 acres of pasture.

However, I have murderbeast hell dogs and both of those fences are funny jokes to them so we had a privacy fence set in a foot of concrete built to create a back yard where idiot hell dogs can run free without inflicting themselves on the civilized world.

We fenced in a reeeeallly large area for them so the cost of the fence/all materials + labor was about 7k, and then another 1k to bury it in cement to wall my idiot fuckers in so they couldn't dig out. You could do 1/2-1/3 the size we did and still make a pretty nice size dog yard, and you probably wouldn't need to set it in concrete like we did which would lessen the cost even more. For 2-3k you could get an alright size fence.

Or just pound some posts, add a roll of woven wire as a physical barrier, then run a hot wire at the top, one at nose level, and another close to ground level. Would cost $100-$300. Depending on size and how fancy you wanna get.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
I am so late to this conversation but I vote strongly for the purple dick fence. Bonus points if you can build it so it looks like it's ejaculating. Maybe even incorporate the electric part of it in the purple dick ejaculate. Awesome and terrifying at the same time. Your neighbors will fear you or be turned on or both.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Superconsndar posted:

If those were my neighbors I would specifically build the biggest, ugliest fence I could manage.

If you are in NH just tell them to go back to whatever fetid shithole spawned them.

Also build a compound, since that seems popular. and a fence. You don't want anyone breaking in to your sanctum do you?!?!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Can I build a compound now with murder tibetan mastiffs and .50 guns mounted on the fence which is on fire, electrified, invisible and explosive?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Supr, your house is beautiful. I have to admit I always pictured you living in a shack in the middle of a swamp, surrounded by "Trespassers Will Be Shot" signs and barbed wire.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Avshalom posted:

Supr, your house is beautiful. I have to admit I always pictured you living in a shack in the middle of a swamp, surrounded by "Trespassers Will Be Shot" signs and barbed wire.

Shacks in swamps don't get good wifi , use your noggin

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Avshalom posted:

she has a wreath

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Avshalom posted:

Not pictured: moat

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

Avshalom posted:

i've been in that house and it's Southern Living special decorating issue as gently caress. not even the fifty billion goats and the blood-spattered pit bulls can hide super's true, suburban nature.

op you should buy some goats after you build the fence to make sure it's really secure.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Wheats posted:

i've been in that house and it's Southern Living special decorating issue as gently caress. not even the fifty billion goats and the blood-spattered pit bulls can hide super's true, suburban nature.

nO I LIVE IN THE WILD

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

ya you and your argyle sweater-wearing bloodeaters are soooooo country

Wheats fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 13, 2015

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

nO I LIVE IN THE WILD

if you lived in the wild your loving cave would have a martha stewart door knocker

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

end cyber bullying :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

end cyber bullying :(

but I like listening to u talk about ur dogs

• Locked thread