Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nosfereefer posted:

Literally everyone is Hitler.

Ted Rall, is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

quote:

Yale professor on Carly Fiorina's business record: She 'destroyed half the wealth of her investors yet still earned almost $100 million'

But Fiorina better be careful because her biggest business achievement, CEO of Hewlett-Packard, is widely regarded as a disaster.

She has been frequently called out as one of the "worst" CEOs.

In an article about worst CEOs in USA Today in 2005, Yale business Professor Jeffrey Sonnenfeld said that Fiorina was "the worst because of her ruthless attack on the essence of this great company. ... She destroyed half the wealth of her investors and yet still earned almost $100 million in total payments for this destructive reign of terror."

Trump is quick-witted, and incisive. He is really good at delivering campaign-ending insults. Fiorina appears ready to serve Trump a softball if she's going to run on her business record.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

So apparently Napoleon is just as bad as Hitler..

It's quite possible that Americans have an unusually positive view of Napoleon because in a way we were kind of his allies

like, the War of 1812 was sort of the American theater of the Napoleonic Wars, in which we fought on his side

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Being awfully charitable to both those faces IMO.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rebochan posted:

10 - Man, someone is gunning for "Worst Star Wars Cartoon" hard, by sheer volume of entries if not sheer awfulness...

I have discovered in advance Allie's first cartoon of 2016.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

It's quite possible that Americans have an unusually positive view of Napoleon because in a way we were kind of his allies

like, the War of 1812 was sort of the American theater of the Napoleonic Wars, in which we fought on his side

As a dictator who invaded several countries and harshly repressed their populations, as well as a racist who reestablished slavery which revolutionary France had previously abolished, there's a lot of bad things that one can say about Napoleon. A lot.

Hitler was still worse by a long shot.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Ironically, Napoleon is the only one that is reasonably realistically depicted as a skeleton, relying solely on his costume to identify him. The worst is probably Aliyev with the huge nose bone protruding from his nasal cavity.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Welcome to Russia.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Guilty Spork posted:

[carly fiorina]

My father's experience with her was she would attach herself to already-successful projects and try to get her fingerprints all over them, abandoning them when another success seemed imminent so she was never around when poo poo went pear shaped due to her bad decisions. She only wanted to stand by success and often hosed up those successes with her meddling. She's a rainmaker who waits for a downpour, rushes over, dances around saying I did this, it was me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Alhazred posted:

Well I mean, he wasn't a fuckin coolguy

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Reminder that the 2015 Gay Abortions are up and you all have till the 6th to get your nominees in.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Radish posted:

Yeah but beyond using the feature to help the caricature, it really makes the skeleton look way more sinister.

It really hammers in the image of that nose as a beak, a particularly big and sharp one. Even in death, Thatcher is still a predator.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Krinkle posted:

My father's experience with her was she would attach herself to already-successful projects and try to get her fingerprints all over them, abandoning them when another success seemed imminent so she was never around when poo poo went pear shaped due to her bad decisions. She only wanted to stand by success and often hosed up those successes with her meddling. She's a rainmaker who waits for a downpour, rushes over, dances around saying I did this, it was me.

She sounds like a typical capable executive, which is why I am always suspicious of politicians with business backgrounds.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Has the new thread title already been decided on?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Krinkle posted:

She's a rainmaker who waits for a downpour, rushes over, dances around saying I did this, it was me.

This is such a vivid metaphor that it would actually make a good political cartoon.

Cat Mattress posted:

As a dictator who invaded several countries and harshly repressed their populations, as well as a racist who reestablished slavery which revolutionary France had previously abolished, there's a lot of bad things that one can say about Napoleon. A lot.

Hitler was still worse by a long shot.

I've heard some people argue that the governments set up in the coutnries Napoleon conquered were more liberal and tolerant than the ones he replaced, and Europe would have been better if he'd won. I'm no expert on the subject, so I don't have an opinion of my own.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Jurgan posted:

I've heard some people argue that the governments set up in the coutnries Napoleon conquered were more liberal and tolerant than the ones he replaced, and Europe would have been better if he'd won.

Huh. What country were these people from? Please don't say France.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jurgan posted:

I've heard some people argue that the governments set up in the coutnries Napoleon conquered were more liberal and tolerant than the ones he replaced, and Europe would have been better if he'd won. I'm no expert on the subject, so I don't have an opinion of my own.

When people say this they mean classic liberalism. Napoleon's plan was to spread the French Revolution and its ideals across Europe, and the world. You have to remember that countries in Europe at that point were usually ruled by absolute monarchs and under a feudal system.

Napoleon changed these systems without any real input or care for the people who's lives he was changing. Long, bloody wars ensued and families were torn apart. This is why he is seen as a monster in some circles.

However, his plan worked. Even when he was pushed back, the revolution stayed. Some countries became constitution monarchies, others tired to go back to their feudal systems and rebellion was common when they attempted. Nationalism became a driving force with the Young [Country]men movements and we see unification attempts in Germany, Italy, ect. Napoleon basically ended the feudal era in Europe and set in motion the Europe we see today.

:eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Have fun, losers.

• Locked thread