Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

All this is means is he has to lower taxes more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Joementum posted:

This is also the 180th anniversary of the first attempted assassination of a President, Andrew Jackson. Richard Lawrence fired a shot at him outside the Capitol, but the gun misfired. Jackson then started to beat Lawrence with his cane. Lawrence pulled a second pistol and fired it point blank, but it also misfired.

The Smithsonian later test fired Lawrence's pistols and they both worked on the first attempt without issue.
America's first false flag.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

T. Bombastus posted:

America's first false flag.

That was the Boston Massacre, as posted about earlier.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grapplejack posted:

What about the Boston tea party?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FAUXTON posted:

What about the Boston tea party?

no that was astroturfing

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Ugh, I'm sorry but articles like this drive me insane. "We all just have to meet in the middle and compromise!" Never mind that the middle essentially means Republicans circa 1980 nowadays.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

420DD Butts posted:

Ugh, I'm sorry but articles like this drive me insane. "We all just have to meet in the middle and compromise!" Never mind that the middle essentially means Republicans circa 1980 nowadays.

Or, for that matter, that the Republicans have absolutely no interest in moving towards the center on anything, thank you very much.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

420DD Butts posted:

Hillary Clinton is going to announce her campaign at a KKK rally?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chokes McGee posted:

no that was astroturfing

Like a friendly false flag.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
so this is gonna be a thing again

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Goddammit

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Impossible for it not to be with Jeb and Santorum both running.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm
It's been said before, but as an adolescent in the 90s it's going to be interesting reliving those times again as an adult!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bradburypancakes posted:

It's been said before, but as an adolescent in the 90s it's going to be interesting reliving those times again as an adult!

Enjoy it while you can, with the economy going up, gas being cheap, a Clinton on the way to the White House and an ineffective center-right man as president we've clearly back in time to 1990. Which means in eleven years, 9/11 2.0 is going to happen and ruin everything.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

kill thine parents was a nice touch

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
And I do submit to you gentlemen, that the ron is truly ronnest when ron alone.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

An Angry Bug posted:

And I do submit to you gentlemen, that the ron is truly ronnest when ron alone.

You might say...

:c00l:

...ron is the loneliest number.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Do you think we'll ever know the truth about Barack Obama's past?

https://twitter.com/ChuckCJohnson/status/561756034671194112?s=09

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Talk about Bleeding Kansas [dry]!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rygar201 posted:

Do you think we'll ever know the truth about Barack Obama's past?

https://twitter.com/ChuckCJohnson/status/561756034671194112?s=09

Barack Obama: International Man of Mystery

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
February thread is up.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

How does the IRS processing returns more quickly, allowing Kansas Dept. of Revenue to process returns more quickly lead to less money overall? Have I smoked something? I'm having trouble understanding how more IRS refunds leads to less tax revenue. Shouldn't people be spending that money?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ErIog posted:

How does the IRS processing returns more quickly, allowing Kansas Dept. of Revenue to process returns more quickly lead to less money overall? Have I smoked something? I'm having trouble understanding how more IRS refunds leads to less tax revenue. Shouldn't people be spending that money?

They mention later on that they wait on processing state tax returns until the federal ones get done. So more federal returns are done, more state returns are done, the net amount of money they take in is reduced (for that month).

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

computer parts posted:

They mention later on that they wait on processing state tax returns until the federal ones get done. So more federal returns are done, more state returns are done, the net amount of money they take in is reduced (for that month).

If they're processing returns, how is there no money coming in?

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

ErIog posted:

Every month they take in the tax withholdings from your paycheck. January-April, they have to pay out the refunds. So this January, because the refunds are going out faster, they're brining in less net money. So tax refunds that went out in February or March last year are going out in January this year. That's part of the reason why January's net tax revenues missed projections so badly, but it also means they'll be paying out less than they expected for refunds in February through April

Also we should probably take this to the new thread

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

It's like Karl never left. Fox News is saying Mitt Romney still might win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwB8qPTP9ac

:raise: What's Hercules doing wedged in between the pretty ladies there?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

richardfun posted:

:raise: What's Hercules doing wedged in between the pretty ladies there?

He played as the professor from that one Chick Tract about evolution in Christian Chain E-Mails: The Movie so now he's a pundit.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Close this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EDIT: Nevermind

• Locked thread