Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I knew it was worth buying the 8th game in the series when my team entered minute 12 of constantly dumping bullets into the boss and he finally fell, dropping the Shocking Buckshot of Awesomeness. This baby will take out the next boss in only 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

the best part about BL1 was doing chest runs in town over and over. BL2 was fun to play through the story, but the end game was just not really fun.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i know no one likes to hear this, and enemies do mow you down in tvhm and uvhm, but it really isnt an issue if you play with a friend (also always have a rocket launcher for second winds). slag is an issue with krieg zero and gaige (but this doesnt matter with anarchy) but again youre probably playing with a friend who is applying slag through guns/skills anyway

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's much more fun if you don't play with the bullet sponge modes that they've become accustomed to having as their "endgame".

Simply ramping up numbers in order to generate difficulty is really dumb.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
in bl1 it was fine because good items weren't retardedly rare and even at the super postgame mode you could kill enemies at a decent clip

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Eye of Widesauron posted:

It's much more fun if you don't play with the bullet sponge modes that they've become accustomed to having as their "endgame".

this is my problem with gun rpgs. if a gun can't kill in a handful of shots then what the gently caress is the point?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

sword_man.xmas posted:

in bl1 it was fine because good items weren't retardedly rare and even at the super postgame mode you could kill enemies at a decent clip

Good items shouldn't be rare at all in these games. Tweaking the drop rate is really easy but you shouldn't have to do that.

No boss fight takes more than a couple of minutes tops with a good group of friends to play with even if everyone's just loving around until you try the "endgame" modes in 2 and pre sequel. Then it's a slog.

Adjust the drop rates a tiny bit though and it's no longer tedious but enjoyable since everyone always had new fun stuff to use.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah, in NG+ i was the tank class and i was specced to be especially tanky and i was still brutally killed by everything in an instant while all the enemies were massive bullet sponges, and on top of that if you didnt use the right element (electric vs. flesh, non-acid vs armor, etc.) you just did 0 damage because gently caress you

NG+ could've been really cool with all the new enemy and loot types they added in but nope they made it as lovely and insanely hard as possible and then the loot rates are terrible

having certain elements do more damage to certain enemies is fine and having the wrong element do (like 25%) reduced damage to enemies is fine too but YOU NEED THE RED SHOTGUN TO PROCEED 0 damage bullshit is stupid

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I knew it was worth buying the 8th game in the series when my team entered minute 12 of constantly dumping bullets into the boss and he finally fell, dropping the Shocking Buckshot of Awesomeness. This baby will take out the next boss in only 10 minutes.

why do you keep pretending that there are a million sequels to borderlsnd when the series has 3 games

are these posts supposed to be really biting commentary in the dynasty warriors thread or something and you just got lost

yeah ive only ever bothered with the first 2 difficulties and have never seen a reason to grind to the upper levels where scaling gets out of control. always been able to kill dudes just fine without getting the perfect equipment, and i dont give a poo poo about elements, especially slag. just dont play that poorly tuned "endgame" garbage. its not like bl2 +dlc is lacking for content or playtime even without it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Vargs posted:

why do you keep pretending that there are a million sequels to borderlsnd when the series has 3 games

are these posts supposed to be really biting commentary in the dynasty warriors thread or something and you just got lost

I'm guessing Synthy is using hyperbole to make a joke. It works.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Vargs posted:

go back to Games.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Oppa Claptrap Style

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Good items shouldn't be rare at all in these games. Tweaking the drop rate is really easy but you shouldn't have to do that.

No boss fight takes more than a couple of minutes tops with a good group of friends to play with even if everyone's just loving around until you try the "endgame" modes in 2 and pre sequel. Then it's a slog.

Adjust the drop rates a tiny bit though and it's no longer tedious but enjoyable since everyone always had new fun stuff to use.

whats cool is that gearbox actually decreased the drop rate with patches, as if that's what people really wanted from the game; more grinding

just make a loving grindfest mmo already gearbo...oh wait, they are

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

how can one remaster... that which was never mastered?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

none of yhe borderlands games were Good and anything remotely endearing in any of them was run so far into the ground in like 5 minutes that it melted in the earth's core

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Sub-Actuality posted:

how can one remaster... that which was never mastered?
Deeper than the plot of the game being remastered

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I hope Anthony Burch adds a joke about the guys that are loving his wife

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i really enjoy the borderlands games.

hopefully 1 rematsered (if that does exist and is a brand new cooler version of 1) changes sniper rifles. i used to hate shooting their heads and then they suddenly duck or hear the noise before the bullet hit them.

also I wonder why they got rid of body parts being cut off and stuff between 1 and 2. headshots in two always leave the head there. 1 seemed a lot more brutal if not nearly as polished.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VideoGames posted:

hopefully 1 rematsered (if that does exist and is a brand new cooler version of 1) changes sniper rifles. i used to hate shooting their heads and then they suddenly duck or hear the noise before the bullet hit them.

also I wonder why they got rid of body parts being cut off and stuff between 1 and 2. headshots in two always leave the head there. 1 seemed a lot more brutal if not nearly as polished.

They kiddied up BL2 in order to release the same version everywhere. They actually made a press release claiming that the "uncut version" would be released worldwide after doing this.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Wait so you're actually telling me it goes like this

Borderlands 1
Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2 vita remake
Borderlands Pre-sequel
Borderlands 1 HD remake
Borderlands 2 'Uncut' remake

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It seems to me like they're doing everything they can to keep themselves from making 3, which is good, since it would probably be a lovely MMO anyways.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It seems to me like they're doing everything they can to keep themselves from making 3, which is good, since it would probably be a lovely MMO anyways.

was Defiance any good? i heard it was basically an mmo bl

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Xaris posted:

just answered your own question

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Wait so you're actually telling me it goes like this

Borderlands 1
Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2 vita remake
Borderlands Pre-sequel
Borderlands 1 HD remake
Borderlands 2 'Uncut' remake

Nah borderlands 2 was labeled as "uncut" at the launch worldwide when all they did was just censor all versions.

It wouldn't surprise me if the remaster is Borderlands 2 on the XB1 and PS4 though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i cant believe the next playable character for bl2 is duke nukem

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nah borderlands 2 was labeled as "uncut" at the launch worldwide when all they did was just censor all versions.

It wouldn't surprise me if the remaster is Borderlands 2 on the XB1 and PS4 though.

now running at actual 1080p with the physx effects PC gamers were enjoying three years ago!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xaris posted:

Defiance is the only MMO I've played for more than five hours in the last 3 years and I can safely say no. It has the combat of Saints Row 3 (without the good guns) and the driving of Just Cause 1 (without the good cars). The inventory/upgrade system sucks and I still don't entirely know how it works. It's really weird that it doesn't load other peoples characters a lot of the time so when you get to a group event you're fighting alongside a hundred of the same basic character model. It's basically the same as every cheaply made, cash shop driven MMO, only you can do every task in the game world in 40 hours or so. Plus the tv show it was made to tie into sucks from what I heard. I enjoyed it more than Destiny though.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
I'm down to play BL1 haven't played it in a long rear end time. Anyone here played Tales From Borderlands?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

until you get to the terrible endgame though, bl2 is a way better game. i remember bl1 being desert-brown desert-brown-yellow desert-caves-desert-purple desert-final area and there being like 4 types of enemies the whole game

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Wootman posted:

I'm down to play BL1 haven't played it in a long rear end time. Anyone here played Tales From Borderlands?

It's pretty good, has dubstep in it, and no claptrap.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Wootman posted:

It was enjoyable. I'd recommend it if you're into that sort of thing, with bonus quick time events. It seems to be not as linear as most of the other Telltale games though, so keep in mind that you will not be able to experience every outcome in one run.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
if the remaster was 1, 2 and tps on one disk i'd buy it for a hot dollar. borderlands is dumb as heck but it's a deece enough cruisy shooter.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

It wasn't designed to be bad, it just ended up being poo poo. It's not grindy at all and the open world events were kinda fun. Like every other MMO it was only fun while I played it with my friends and it was extremely fail when I was playing it alone.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Judge Tesla posted:

It's pretty good, has dubstep in it, and no claptrap.

Kylra posted:

It was enjoyable. I'd recommend it if you're into that sort of thing, with bonus quick time events. It seems to be not as linear as most of the other Telltale games though, so keep in mind that you will not be able to experience every outcome in one run.

yeah i played it on xbox it's pretty good, tho it froze up constantly.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Sounds like you're a drat fag. Sorry, pal, but that's how it is.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Hey guys, let's play the Telltale Games Bordlerlands Cinematic Adventure Game SEries! lmfao.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

conceitedguy posted:

Hey guys, let's play the Telltale Games Bordlerlands Cinematic Adventure Game SEries! lmfao.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

conceitedguy posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

conceitedguy posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

conceitedguy posted:

Sounds like you're a drat fag. Sorry, pal, but that's how it is.

dont apologise man, im having fun playing videogames so everything is cool :d:hf::D

• Locked thread