Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

chiefnewo posted:

Hopefully the full game has an instant reset button, it's kind of annoying to gently caress up the first corner but still have to drive for another minute and twenty seconds to try again.
Yeah, a "reset with rolling start" button would be great.

Looper posted:

I'm sorry if that came across as rude, I am genuinely curious what this game offers
Oh, okay. Sorry for taking you the wrong way. :)

Anyway, for now it's just a demo with one stage and some unfinished assets, but the full game seems like it'll be a fun game about cornering with abstract physics. The game is downright explicit about drifting being a mode separate from normal driving, and asks you to see whether you can exit a drift early without crashing into a wall. It doesn't feel fast, at least not yet, but they've managed to make taking a corner well feel very rewarding. It's really colourful, which both looks nice and helps you judge how you want to approach the road in front of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

I get that they're going for a certain aesthetic with the predominately pink pallette, but I'd like to see a bit more colour in there so it isn't all quite so samey.

Great Joe posted:

Yeah, a "reset with rolling start" button would be great.

A rolling start for the first lap too.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I think having new cars and levels will definitely help with that. Also, beyond a rolling start, a way to go back to the main menu at all would be nice, too

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
The kickstarter is up https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage also the programmer of the game said he was gonna add rolling start and stage resets in the future so fingers crossed. I'm starting get used to just driving through a poo poo run.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Schnedwob posted:

I think having new cars and levels will definitely help with that. Also, beyond a rolling start, a way to go back to the main menu at all would be nice, too

First screenshot of the Kickstarter solves my problem, a nice green level. Will definitely back this, at the moment it looks a better chance of coming out than 90s Arcade Racer.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

If anyone is looking for a more late 90s/00s style arcade racer, Distance also really owns, especially if you have a fondness for Rush 2049.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Distance does indeed own. Everyone should buy Distance right now.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Drift Stage is funded with 25 days to go! BMW E30 M3 confirmed!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I object to the Quad Exhausts and Square Headlights.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I am really shocked they don't have a 180sx or Silvia done yet.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Nissan never really got on board with the really angular look of the other cars in this game, did they?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

One of the generations of Silvia looked a lot like an AE86, which is probably why they haven't bothered... Yet. A Sentra Sport Coupe (with the rounded rear window) would be sweet though. (even though it's FWD. :v: )

Jehde fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 14, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, that's a real pretty car. Still, I don't think the line-up has an American car yet, wouldn't the Pontiac Fiero be a nice fit?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah def, or a fox body Mustang with a hood bulge.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Just looked it up. Man, that thing looks ridic.

I want it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

PS4 and Vita confirmed. Also, new official art from Super Systems:

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

played the demo a second time and got a better feel for the drifting. pretty psyched for this now. i have a soft spot early 3d graphics and arcade racers. it'd be cool if more developers started aping early 3d games rather than 8/16 bit stuff.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

liquid courage posted:

played the demo a second time and got a better feel for the drifting. pretty psyched for this now. i have a soft spot early 3d graphics and arcade racers. it'd be cool if more developers started aping early 3d games rather than 8/16 bit stuff.

I think you'll see that more and more as devs whose first games were Spyro, Mario 64, etc start making poo poo. Drift Stage's unique look is what got me to try it in the first place, and then the drifting itself turned out to be tight as gently caress, so hooray

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I played it all, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I played it all, OP.
Good, now play it some more.

• Locked thread