Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i did some math and it takes like 150 hours for a new-but-not-brand-new hero (10000 cost) just using the gold u get from winning/losing a game

lol takes like 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

koolkal posted:

i did some math and it takes like 150 hours for a new-but-not-brand-new hero (10000 cost) just using the gold u get from winning/losing a game

lol takes like 50

yeah, but that doesn't include daily quests where you get 200-800 for completing, or the 500g you get for getting a hero to level 5.

it's still kind of high if you want all the heroes, but I've bought 3 characters just from gold alone and i don't even get to play all that much

i should note that most dailies don't even require wins. just playing x games.

e: from what I understand, Blizzard's model is based on getting heroes every X amount of days as opposed to X amount of wins so that casual or time-sensitive players have an even playing field. i could also be making poo poo up, but i remember reading that somewhere

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 5, 2015

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Apparently the gold return to time.invested has diminishing returns. One of my bros who does a psych PhD was like "lol this is more malicious than a drug dealer"

Drugs make you feel good and want more though.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Pewdiepie posted:

Drugs make you feel good and want more though.

mobas make you feel bad and want more

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

I bought the $40 pack that came with, like, seven heroes, a few skins, and mounts. It was a good deal

lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I apparently had the alpha access a month ago but just found out yesterday...and... it's ok. It seems more fun than LoL/dota(2) though thats not saying much. I could never get into dota2 because my memory sucks and I can't memorize like a bazillion loving recipes and what everything did. oh that hero has azlxksdfkackbar giant cockzeroth dickwand of taneanalbeads and is raping my team, hold on i'll save the day just let me counter with vibrodildotronics lubrificiation buckler from the secret shop! Plus those games felt glacially slow and controls didn't feel that responsive compared to this.

But I think I'm spoiled because there was actually a really good moba called Hero Attack which was an sc2 custom map. it basically had the same idea of taking easy to recognize and basic units out of sc2 units and pitting them up against each other and played mostly how you'd expect them to play. it also didn't have a bazillion recipes, but unlike hots it didn't throw out the whole baby-with-the-bathwater since there were still buyable items (usually weap/armor/energy 1-5 ups), with a few consumables here and there. also it struck a good balance between crittering or laning and penalty for dying/feeding wasnt too much either so you couldn't be solely responsible for losing at first blood because now that dude just got like 800 gold congrats now your team hates you. also had multiple maps that played differently with varying tilesets and it was a way faster-paced and deeper game (remaining a fairly accessible game) than this without getting too up it's own rear end with poo poo.

At least this is new, shiny and has a fuckton of heroes. Plus pitting diablo vs jim raynor and mixing all their universes together is pretty cool. I guess if i get bored with my WiiU then i'll play this a bit in my spare time :shrug:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 6, 2015

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

Xaris posted:

I apparently had the alpha access a month ago but just found out yesterday...and... it's ok. It seems more fun than LoL/dota(2) though thats not saying much. I could never get into dota2 because my memory sucks and I can't memorize like a bazillion loving recipes and what everything did. oh that hero has azlxksdfkackbar giant cockzeroth dickwand of taneanalbeads and is raping my team, hold on i'll save the day just let me counter with vibrodildotronics lubrificiation buckler from the secret shop! Plus those games felt glacially slow and controls didn't feel that responsive compared to this.

But I think I'm spoiled because there was actually a really good moba called Hero Attack which was an sc2 custom map. it basically had the same idea of taking easy to recognize and basic units out of sc2 units and pitting them up against each other and played mostly how you'd expect them to play. it also didn't have a bazillion recipes, but unlike hots it didn't throw out the whole baby-with-the-bathwater since there were still buyable items (usually weap/armor/energy 1-5 ups), with a few consumables here and there. also it struck a good balance between crittering or laning and penalty for dying/feeding wasnt too much either so you couldn't be solely responsible for losing at first blood because now that dude just got like 800 gold congrats now your team hates you. also had multiple maps that played differently with varying tilesets and it was a way faster-paced and deeper game (remaining a fairly accessible game) than this without getting too up it's own rear end with poo poo.

At least this is new, shiny and has a fuckton of heroes. Plus pitting diablo vs jim raynor and mixing all their universes together is pretty cool. I guess if i get bored with my WiiU then i'll play this a bit in my spare time :shrug:

What does any of this even mean

Dec 26, 2012

Crown Face posted:

mobas cause brain damage

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Crown Face posted:

It means the AIDS was successfully injected.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

o heres another amazing feature of the game i forgot:

it takes 10 min to rejoin a game that youve been playing for 15 minutes because u have to play ketchup

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

koolkal posted:

o heres another amazing feature of the game i forgot:

it takes 10 min to rejoin a game that youve been playing for 15 minutes because u have to play ketchup

uh, that sounds like your connection there, dude. I've never seen anyone take more than, like, 5 seconds to rejoin after a dc

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
40$ for a fraction of a game by muradin's hammer what a savings

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm half a level away from getting a dank gold icon in Closed Beta.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Meat Recital posted:

40$ for a fraction of a game by muradin's hammer what a savings

it came with a few skins and mounts, too, which is what I really liked. i'd say it was about the same amount of content you'd get for the price in LoL, maybe even a little more.

sorry I could afford to buy it I guess? :confused:

fadam posted:

I'm half a level away from getting a dank gold icon in Closed Beta.

Nice, man! Hoping to grind out the rest of the way to level 30 soon for when Ranked opens in a week or so. gonna be cutting it close :ohdear:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Axel Serenity posted:

uh, that sounds like your connection there, dude. I've never seen anyone take more than, like, 5 seconds to rejoin after a dc

uh no

the game has to load everything up to the point where the game currently is u loving human being shill

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

The way reconnect works today was a first pass, a quick system. It's not ideal whatsoever, especially as the game goes longer and longer. We are working on a new version right now, and the idea of the change is that we don't have to sync up from the start on reconnect. We're implementing save states that will periodically update as the game progresses, so that players that need to reconnect should be able to latch onto the latest save state and rebuild from there.

even they say so themselves u loving retard gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

• Locked thread