Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

just unlocked the last character... it's a real shame that there are 5 (five) babies but only one donkey kong character.... when did diddy get removed from mario kart games? he was in double dash, at least

mario is still really mad about diddy kong racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

whens the next DLC coming out

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DrPaper posted:

whens the next DLC coming out

may

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

thank you mabels big day, I always can count on you with this kind of info

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

i hate the lightning cuz it mostly just makes the race more boring

it also ruins the music. lightning can gently caress off

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Lightning... It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect; it only destroys.

Soral
May 30, 2009

elf help book posted:

i hate the lightning cuz it mostly just makes the race more boring

sharrrk posted:

it also ruins the music. lightning can gently caress off

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

Lightning... It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect; it only destroys.

:agreed:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DrPaper posted:

thank you mabels big day, I always can count on you with this kind of info

:tipshat:

Soral
May 30, 2009

hey all just beat another staff ghost...

my current strategy is to just use a mushroom right at the start to get up to top speed asap... anyone have any time trials tips for me??

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I would love to play some kart with goons. Adding everyone from OP and if you want to add me I'm DoNotBullyMe

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

hey all just beat another staff ghost...

my current strategy is to just use a mushroom right at the start to get up to top speed asap... anyone have any time trials tips for me??

The biggest tip is use mushrooms to cross the same shortcut on every track every lap, and to learn how to prolong drift boosts by hopping repeatedly and changing directions.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The reason being is, Mushroom boost makes you move over non-track parts of the terrain without losing speed, and a lot of the better shortcuts utilize that.

Soral
May 30, 2009

yeah thats what i usually use the mushroom for, but i was finding that the the initial acceleration up to top speed was just tanking my times. using the mushroom to support the start boost seemed to cut a couple seconds off my time even if it meant skipping on a shortcut.... but it might just be a fluke, or dependant on how large the shortcut is on a given track.

Soral
May 30, 2009

thanks for the advice, it's given me something to think about, re: stepping up my time trial game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

yeah thats what i usually use the mushroom for, but i was finding that the the initial acceleration up to top speed was just tanking my times. using the mushroom to support the start boost seemed to cut a couple seconds off my time even if it meant skipping on a shortcut.... but it might just be a fluke, or dependant on how large the shortcut is on a given track.

Well AFAIK all the top ghosts use the shortcuts instead on at least most tracks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been thinking of getting into hardcore MK8 time trials since I kinda like it but, I got a lot of poo poo to play.

Soral
May 30, 2009

it is also possible that i am using a less than great racer/car/wheel loadout that is loving up my acceleration

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soral posted:

it is also possible that i am using a less than great racer/car/wheel loadout that is loving up my acceleration

Yeah I still ain't unlocked the fastest crap as far as I know.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if you watch the staff ghost they actually often take a different route each lap, using a mushroom somewhere different or taking a corner tight instead of hitting a boost or something like that

so if you are really stuck you could watch them for ideas and figure out which route youd want to take all 3 laps for the best time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i try to find a driver/car combo that averages out both speed and acceleration to above the middle line its been a bit since the last time i played but i think this was about what you would find with the babies in the heaviest cars or bowser in his shipcar

i was able to gold all of 150cc and Mirror and did most of the staff times once i figured out those combos that felt right to me, and i was just using whatever driver trying to unlock the stamps, i just watched the stats meters to figure out what woudl work out well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My nnid is dpallday and I like to play mario kart 8 with my wii u.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i bought the dlc, everyone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i bought the dlc, everyone.

gj, it's really good dlc.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

gj, it's really good dlc.

It is, and 11.99 for both dlcs is a really good bargain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

dlc impressions: i don't really like wario gold mine. all the other tracks are fairly epic.

• Locked thread