Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
BlackBerry jumped into the Internet of dongs today, announcing at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that the company is making a hard push into having its technology installed on the growing numbers of everyday items connected to the internet.

The Waterloo, Ont.-based smartphone company said at the world's largest technology conference Wednesday it would focus initially on the automotive and asset-tracking industries to install BlackBerry technology on their devices

What's hidden in the Internet of dongs?
The Internet of dongs is a buzzword that refers to the growing number of everyday objects such as fridges, cars, televisions and thermostats that used to simply be standalone electronics that didn't communicate with the outside world, but are increasingly coming ready-to-connect with the internet and each other seamlessly.

The company is banking that its iron-clad reputation for security and reliability will be a major selling point with the makers of those devices. As such, BlackBerry says it will be rolling out a version of its QNX software for use in those applications, to make them better at collecting, transmitting and most importantly using data on how they're used.

"The platform’s asset tracking and connected car applications targeting those markets are just the first step in BlackBerry’s broad and expanding IoT strategy," BlackBerry said in a release. "The BlackBerry IoT platform will also be extended into the smart energy sector and the health-care field."

At least in the early stages, BlackBerry is making the technology available for free to try for six months to certain companies in those two fields, as long as they have at least 10 employees.

The company has launched a website explaining its offerings, and what it plans to do in the space moving forward.

http://ca.blackberry.com/internet-of-things.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

we got it this time guys

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
can i use the internet of dongs with my cloud to butt software

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

can i use the internet of dongs with my cloud to butt software

not only can you, but you'll get precise anal-ytics

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

:peanut:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i like the idea of the internet of things but in the hands of consumer electronics companies i do not like

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

sonic 2 on seganet: internet of rings

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
a garage door opener powered by android that occasionally becomes unresponsive and requires a manual restart

a toaster that toasts your tweets onto your toast but instead just toasts trending tweets about j beebz instead of yr feed

god im spurtin here

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

and rim.jobs

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

an internet connected garage door opener with a security flaw that allows anyone to open it from anywhere on earth

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

more like internet of wrongs right blackberry

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
didn't read, voted 1

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
a bidet with snapchat

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
a phone with a giant square screen

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

The company is banking that its iron-clad reputation for security and reliability will be a major selling point with the makers of those devices.

uh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

a phone with a giant square screen

i have seen this thing in person. it's even more ridiculous than you can imagine.

it's like an onion joke that somehow got released as an actual product

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

yeah everyone just ignores the bit about them handing their encryption keys to any government that asks, because that doesn't really fit the narrative

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
an open sores dishwasher

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FrozenVent posted:

an open sores dishwasher

plz post this in the worthless startup ideas thread

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

iron-clad-and-tossed-into-a-river reputation

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i need a lamp but with a full qwerty keyboard

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

infernal machines posted:

i have seen this thing in person. it's even more ridiculous than you can imagine.

it's like an onion joke that somehow got released as an actual product

someone at my work has one it's super silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

someone at my work has one it's super silly

it's difficult to convey how huge and brick like it is in pictures, you have to see it in person to truly appreciate what a ridiculous fuckup it is

• Locked thread