Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think the most I ever recognized was probably some of the casual outfits. Probably would've helped to have played the original mobage, but I don't know that that type of gameplay would pull me in. Rhythm's more my thing anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm not sure if it's specifically a GBF reference or not, but on the daily login bonus whiteboard in CGSS, you'll sometimes see a drawing of Ranko in that outfit yelling "My name is Brunhilde!".

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I think it actually is, she's doing the pose and the regular CG card doesn't name her Brunhilde anywhere

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Upon a rewatch, Mishiro really is driven by spite. None of the other Producers are dumped from the posh office building and thrown into an old basement room. Despite claiming she won't interfere or aid the Producer in any way, she sets the Autumn Festival as a deadline, then snags Anya and Rin, then prevents them from performing alongside their existing units at the Autumn Festival.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

the death metal shroomer should have been in the squad instead of the goth girl

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

the death metal shroomer should have been in the squad instead of the goth girl

ranko was actually really strong in the anime so i don't think i could fully agree with you here

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Argas posted:

Upon a rewatch, Mishiro really is driven by spite.

Yeah she was basically Kuroi but not as funny.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah she was basically Kuroi but not as funny.

Eh, Kuroi just felt far too much like a silly cartoon villain that didn't really match the tone of many of the episodes.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Argas posted:

Eh, Kuroi just felt far too much like a silly cartoon villain that didn't really match the tone of many of the episodes.

Another victim of adhering to game canon I guess, being overly theatrical is kind of his thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXCOmESpF3k

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Seems like that's Koyasu's influence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvS4-8Rbcks

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Polsy posted:

Another victim of adhering to game canon I guess, being overly theatrical is kind of his thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXCOmESpF3k

Hm, now I associate Kuroi with Franziska von Karma and take them both about as seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Argas posted:

I'm sorry, I'm too busy staring at how he somehow arranged all the chess pieces into a big X.

Because you see, he is evil.

• Locked thread