Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Dial-a-song this week is a cover of "Bills, Bills, Bills". It is surprisingly awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Interesting. Jonathan Coulton also did a cover of this. I know they've collaborated in the past, I wonder if there's a connection there.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Gilok posted:

Interesting. Jonathan Coulton also did a cover of this. I know they've collaborated in the past, I wonder if there's a connection there.

When I went to see TMBG in DC, they said it was done for the Onion AV Club cover challenge, same one that produced their version of Tubthumping. Take that for what it's worth.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I like this one way more than tubthumping

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Eat your heart out, David Gilmore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yya9gsFMYos

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Next TMBG album will be a sequel to No! called Why?

The DaS stuff sounds pretty good so far so I'm sure this will rule

Glean is quickly becoming one of my favorites from them

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
If you didn't get the pay what you want digital download of the excellent Phone Power, they're releasing a physical copy in a few months, which you can pre-order.

Why? is also coming to vinyl and can be pre-ordered.

I wish Phone Power was coming to vinyl. I think the name and the art is bland, but I really love a lot of the tracks, like ECNALUMBA, Shape Shifter, and especially Trouble Awful Devil Evil, which has been my favorite Linnell song since "Call You Mom" and "You're On Fire" from Nanobots. Flansy has just been killing it in amazing songs since Join Us.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I picked up a CD copy of Phone Power when I saw them live, and it's OK for what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdojace
Sep 4, 2007
Phone Power is coming to vinyl too, and their Tumblr teased that it might even have an alternate track list.

• Locked thread