Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it is truly poo poo that one needs to install an application to get that. does task manager not show it under performance in w8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

i couldn't find it which is bullshit, i paid for new features not removal of old ones

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bragging about the uptime on your posting station is for retarded spergs, unless you're posting from some kind of mainframe or live server, in which case you are definitely a retarded sperg

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

Bragging about the uptime on your posting station is for retarded spergs, unless you're posting from some kind of mainframe or live server, in which case you are definitely a retarded sperg

um its awesome and shows you value things that are impotant in liofe and can win a prize itt

application for prize closes in a day

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

why doesnt my plex server count!?

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

lot of scrubs itc revealing they havent replaced taskmgr with procexp

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sagebrush posted:

bragging about uptime is cooler than using "retarded" as a perjorative

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

echinopsis posted:

um its awesome and shows you value things that are impotant in liofe and can win a prize itt

i compulsively reset everything, maybe this is how ive been sabotaging my life all along??

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

the last time it had an update. which was the OS X 10.10.2 Pre-Release Update Beta for Spergs Who Are Really Intent on Breaking They Production Machine That They Really Need

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

tbh 10.10.1 is still pretty buggy so 10.10.2 probably can't be all that much worse

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

triple sulk posted:

tbh 10.10.1 is still pretty buggy so 10.10.2 probably can't be all that much worse

am i the only one that XPC breaks entirely for randomly once in while? like sometimes nothing can talk to anything else. happened 2 or 3 times since 10.10.1 :smith:

the betas and 10.0 didn't do this. for the first time in the 7 years since i've owned a mac i've legitimately considered flattening it and reinstalling like a wintard

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shitface posted:

am i the only one that XPC breaks entirely for randomly once in while? like sometimes nothing can talk to anything else. happened 2 or 3 times since 10.10.1 :smith:

the betas and 10.0 didn't do this. for the first time in the 7 years since i've owned a mac i've legitimately considered flattening it and reinstalling like a wintard

Flatten and reinstall has been a legitimate thing for Macs since about 10.8. You could argue even earlier but there's definitely a benefit for recent versions. This is basically what you get when you have yearly release cycles.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

triple sulk posted:

Flatten and reinstall has been a legitimate thing for Macs since about 10.8. You could argue even earlier but there's definitely a benefit for recent versions. This is basically what you get when you have yearly release cycles.

mine has been good as gold and i've never once considered anything but an upgrade since 10.4. mavs was tiger 2.0 as far as i'm concerned - it was great. then the apple users group on our internal jive (which is basically mostly old as gently caress execs) started complaining about the captive login not working on yosemite and i realised it's been poo poo since iOS 7 too and i told the dude how to work around it (dismiss and open a browser) and i said the same thing about yearly releases and ever since no-one has posted on the apple users group because they all realised it's gone to poo poo and now its just less poo poo than competition :smith:

e: on the upside it genuinely is still less poo poo than anything else :unsmith:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
code:
16:20:23 up 230 days, 15:49, 10 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.10, 0.12

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

duckfarts posted:

if your uptime exceeds 4 hours you should seek medical assistance immediately

to diagnose where you are on the spectrum since youre running linux

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

why doesnt my plex server count!?

not a posting pc

Palace of Hate posted:

lot of scrubs itc revealing they havent replaced taskmgr with procexp

I prefer not to cj as much as possible so task manager has TWO functions exclusively, uptime and killing a task. it does both those things fine

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
19:22:50:40

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
james@HUGE-LAPTOP:~$ uptime
18:42:05 up 1 day, 18:30, 2 users, load average: 0.66, 0.75, 0.78

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ban everybody who doesn't fixed around it

<~jonny290> 02:47:34 up 125 days, 22:47, 7 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Smythe posted:

james@HUGE-LAPTOP:~$ uptime
18:42:05 up 1 day, 18:30, 2 users, load average: 0.66, 0.75, 0.78

whoami ; uptime
james
21:50:11 up 17 days, 45 min, 1 user, load average: 0.30, 0.42, 0.36

17 days that's right, better luck next time james.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Someone try to beat this:

wc -l ~/.ssh/known_hosts
1753 /home/james/.ssh/known_hosts

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i delete my known hosts any time that retarded ~omg host id changed~ message pops up

pram
Jun 10, 2001
because i routinely nuke hosts and give them the same dns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sounds like magic this hosts poo poo youre talkign about

nice probe btw pram u should be proud

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thx

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

zsh lmao get the gently caress out kid

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

obstipator posted:

i cant find the uptime on windows 8 ctrl alt del and dont care enough to take the time to look for it

^ same so gently caress idk like a few days since i got back from holiday (does asleeping coutn as uptime? )

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Sagebrush posted:

yospos bitch

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Kirk posted:

zsh lmao get the gently caress out kid

lol someone told me to use it and all i type into terminal is "top" and "uptime"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well next time type bash

me, i like tcsh b/c i often feel particularly mac os x public beta-y

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
if you have uptime of more than four hours you should probably talk to a doctor

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

echinopsis posted:

we got some nice numbers in here boys but who is gonig to be the first to beat 30. no cheating! i'll buy whomeever beats 30 first a new avatar (of my exclusive choice)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

application for prize closes in a day

sorry bro id love to but applications have closed

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

what si the prize

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy