Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

:siren: UOAC2 launches today, Jan 17 :siren:

This is the second iteration of UOAC and pretty much a complete remake. The old shard launched with a lot of the IPY codebase which was buggy, and many of those features were poorly designed or incomplete. There are a ton of new features but this is basically what you're getting into:
  • T2A (1999) based combat.
  • 225stat / 700skill cap
  • Felucca only.
  • No mounts.
  • 3 accounts per person.
Played UOAC last time? Here's some important changes:
  • You can recall to/from Ice and Fire islands now.
  • You can recall in/out of dungeons (except deceit/hythloth and the lowest level of the every other dungeon).
  • Those permanent moongates inside dungeons are gone.
  • Boats will probably be a lot more important (sea bosses, significant fishing buffs, rares)
  • All runebooks are now blessed
  • Large groups of mages are a lot less powerful in PvP thanks to spell tolerance which makes dexxers slightly more viable
  • Dexxers are a lot more powerful in PvM thanks to special weapon hits, improved slayer armor, 2-hand parry, and the arms lore damage buff.
  • More stuff to do in PvM including new boss encounters, mini-champs, league of heroes, and completely new dungeon spawns
Other new stuff in detail:

There's probably more poo poo I missed but go ahead and ask if wanna know something. I've been beta testing for a little while so I'm up on most things. Also I'll make sure the thread is bumped shortly before the actual launch.

Tomed2000 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
good luck with another IPY remake!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is there a betting pool for when this one implodes?

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
HOLY poo poo!

ANOTHER NEW UO SHARD? SIGN ME UP

(4 days later)
LOL I KNEW I STILL HATED UO, IT'S SO BAD

e: hi tomed long time no see

Twisc fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 10, 2015

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

jabro posted:

Is there a betting pool for when this one implodes?

the first month or two is the only fun time during a private shard anyway

Twisc posted:

HOLY poo poo!

ANOTHER NEW UO SHARD? SIGN ME UP

(4 days later)
LOL I KNEW I STILL HATED UO, IT'S SO BAD

e: hi tomed long time no see
hi but i dont recognize your name

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
UO was not a very good game but there wasn't anything like it back then and even now it's pretty unique for MMO, I guess.

It's still bad and people shouldn't play it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Every time goons talk about "taking over the shard" whenever a new one pops up it always ends in failure and tears. So don't do that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss Ultima Online. :(

Tolwyn
Jun 13, 2001
I'm in for a bit until the server becomes boring.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Kinda tempted to just jump in and be a really juicy PK target for the first time since 1999.
Just mine and craft and poo poo. Maybe tame a poo poo load of deer and goats and have them follow me around everywhere.
Maybe carry all of my belongings on me in color coded bags. Generally act like I am 12 years old again.
Really soak in the UO atmosphere.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Node posted:

Every time goons talk about "taking over the shard" whenever a new one pops up it always ends in failure and tears. So don't do that.

Why do you say this? It's all I've ever done...

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

The shard launches today at 3pm EST. Download the latest patcher for mul updates and what not.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tomed2000 posted:

The shard launches today at 3pm EST. Download the latest patcher for mul updates and what not.

I haven't played since Rebirth like 5 years ago. We just give the address and port in Razor and our account gets made when we first login right?

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

Gildiss posted:

I haven't played since Rebirth like 5 years ago. We just give the address and port in Razor and our account gets made when we first login right?

Yep just type username/password and it auto-creates. It will allow you to create and play up to 3 accounts at a time (based on IP address).

Moop Moop
Aug 26, 2006

So is anyone else playing this? How is the server population compared to UO forever?

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

There's a few of us playing but no coordinated goon guild. Not sure what UOF's population is but you can see the UOAC population on uoportal. Either way I'm having fun so far!

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

Poker was just added last night :dance:

picklefish
Aug 7, 2013
is glutt playing on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

picklefish posted:

is glutt playing on it?

Nope -- Im currently trying H1Z1. If I was gonna play UO, Id play whatever the most populated server is(I think UOForever?)

• Locked thread