Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I have exactly one ball that the sim gave me. It's a fun time at the chipping green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Welp, went to the sim today, started my day not being able to hit anything, stopped playing, switched to the driving range and all of a sudden was able to pipe every club that’s not driver, straight and with power. Hit my 3w 230, 4h 190 with w 210 rollout, 7i 155 with a. 170 rollout. I pray to god that I can keep this feeling going, because it was easily the most put together I’ve felt with my bag in a long time.

I changed my first move and started immediately swinging more fluidly and far less rigidly. I’m around a 75-80mph swing speed with my 7i, my 3w was is typically 80 was getting near 90 with 130 ball speed.

This means that the next time I play I’m gonna swing like poo poo and play awful, but tonight was glorious and the possibilities showed up for an hour and a half tonight.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I wish Hogan would make left handed irons, I've been a fan of their wedges for a long while

ed: or at least, irons that aren't game-improvement

ElGroucho fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 24, 2024

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

PGA Tour has finally announced their answer to the LIV buyouts.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/04/24/pga-tour-enterprises-player-equity-payouts

PGA Pros to get equity shares in the league. Some(Tiger/Rory) to get huge payouts upwards of 100 million.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

mattfl posted:

PGA Tour has finally announced their answer to the LIV buyouts.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2024/04/24/pga-tour-enterprises-player-equity-payouts

PGA Pros to get equity shares in the league. Some(Tiger/Rory) to get huge payouts upwards of 100 million.

you know from a "non-profit" entity, they sure have a shitload of money they can pull out of their loving asses when they need it.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

iNteg posted:

you know from a "non-profit" entity, they sure have a shitload of money they can pull out of their loving asses when they need it.

lol ya, this is all coming from the newly formed for profit entity called PGA Tour Enterprises which received the money for these equity shares from a group called Strategic Sports Group. SSG contains some really, extremely wealthy people, John Henry (principal, Fenway Sports Group) Steven Cohen (owner, chairman & CEO, New York Mets; chairman & CEO, Point72; owner, TGL New York) Arthur Blank (co-founder, Home Depot; owner and chairman, AMB Sports and Entertainment) Tom Werner (chairman, Fenway Sports Group).

This(SSG) group was formed, rumors are, to compete against the PIF group that also wants to invest into the PGA Tour Enterprises for profit entity.

It's all very shady and the SSG group kinda came out outta nowhere, probably to keep the PIF group from actually owning anything on the PGA tour even though it was announced they were supposedly forming some sort of partnership.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Pulled out the Eyeline Speed trap after a year of not using it. I've been working on getting rid of my over the top move for years and it really helps.

It also amazes me how easy it is to revert back to my bad habits and how foreign it feels to swing in to out with the driver.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
got a bad pollen allergy last time I went to the course and coughed/sneezed so much I pulled a muscle on my right flank, the one you contract during impact. In a way it was a golf related injury and I'll be only chipping for a while

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

nerdz posted:

got a bad pollen allergy last time I went to the course and coughed/sneezed so much I pulled a muscle on my right flank, the one you contract during impact. In a way it was a golf related injury and I'll be only chipping for a while

When you say flank where do you mean? If its anything like an intercostal pull do not gently caress around and def take it easy to heal.

Speaking of which I'm now far enough along in physical therapy that I can actually play golf again.

Good: my swing has improved and so have my distances. I'm missing left but I'll take it over my wicked slice pre-injury. This was at a par3 pitch and putt so I still don't know about my metalwoods.

Bad: I'm glad I play cheap balls and buy them in bulk (Wilson Duo Optix). In the first two holes I lost three, although I did find one of them later (turns out I was losing visual on them and smashing them into the woods behind the hole due to using my pre-injury and old-equipment distances). All told I lost 5 in about 24 holes (hitting two balls per hole because it wasn't crowded and it was all you can play).

Ugly: holy crap the greens only met that definition on a technicality that the weeds which comprised them are green in color. Absolute clown show trying to putt with any predictability. I know you get what you pay for and I had a good time, but I'm not sure I'll go back much as putting is at least half of the point of a pitch and putt.

Uglier (bonus): my wedge play is atrocious and my toe down chipping isn't much better. Off green putting and hybrid chipping are the only things working for me right now. Strongly considering a chipper as my full bag loadout only includes 13 clubs.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
nah it's somewhere under my diaphragm, from coughing too much. I noticed a full or even half swing makes it worse so yeah I'll take my time healing. But I can chip and putt so I'll keep doing that, it was amazing for my contact and I got a new sand wedge. Chipping greens being free are such a useful and cheap tool.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Playing like absolute dogshit my last couple rounds off the tee and in the fairway. Struggling with a back that resembles the age of a man much older than me.

It turns out bending the legs a little more and becoming a little less upright works well for me. Everything has a little more of a fade to it but I can absolutely nuke the ball off the tee again. Is this just regaining flexibility I lost through injury in my address of the ball, or is the body able to flex more in a more crouched position normally? I’m struggling to remember if this was actually how I used to swing, I took a lot of time off from the game.

I feel like these are definitely the questions of a golfer entering their 40’s.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Mcqueen posted:

I feel like these are definitely the questions of a golfer entering their 40’s.

Just wait....

I played Wednesday, completely lost the ability to chip around the green. Every bogey was the result of just missing a green. On 14, finally just said gently caress it and laid open a 58 degree and unnecessarily flop shot a ball to two feet. Mediocre off the tee all day, no chipping ability, but hit the greens on the last five holes (6 of last 7) to par my way out of the last six holes and record a good score. Seven over after walking off 12, finished seven over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Happy Friday.

And I’ve just found out the reason I’m waiting so long, two groups infront of me is a 4 ball with an average age of 80. And we don’t do carts.