Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coathat
May 21, 2007

gently caress you scanlators! I hate you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

is this the thread to get angry at scanlators because i have been angry at them a lot lately. first it was the dumb group who was doing the Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso translation being months behind the releases for no other reason than they are retarded and have like 80 continuous projects right now. im mad about the Ore Monogatari releases, but i guess Viz picked them up but still why so slow. im super mad about the Ballroom e Youkoso manga because it has like 7 volumes and as of right now there are 3 translated chapters. the group doing them is releasing 1 chapter a month. it is bullshit.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

also the boys on the run manga has been finished since like 2010 and whoever was doing the translations just stopped at chapter 94. i want to know the ending

----------------

coathat
May 21, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

also the boys on the run manga has been finished since like 2010 and whoever was doing the translations just stopped at chapter 94. i want to know the ending

He posts here so you could find him and yell at him if you wanted.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's only like one or two chapters of Qualia of the Purple left but Dr. Amazing and the other guy that was helping him seem to have disappeared. :(

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

coathat posted:

He posts here so you could find him and yell at him if you wanted.

i will pay him to finish the series

----------------

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this one goes out to all the translators who translate manga in the wrong order

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Where the gently caress are the rest of Bastard!!, Mudazumo naki Kaikaku and Ratman you goddamn sons of bitches?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never read scanlated manga in my life. Everyone in this thread should be thrown in jail

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I've never read scanlated manga in my life. Everyone in this thread should be thrown in jail

you are missing out on a lot of cool stories

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

you are missing out on a lot of cool stories

I find it hard to read books or manga on a computer screen. The only manga I've ever read was flowers of evil and the first chapter of jojo's

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

I find it hard to read books or manga on a computer screen. The only manga I've ever read was flowers of evil and the first chapter of jojo's

whoa you should read more manga

----------------

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yikes

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Davincie posted:

this one goes out to all the translators who translate manga in the wrong order

Sort of like how 40 chapters in the middle of Chihayafuru are missing??
Also i hate starting up something with a bunch of chapters, and then getting to the end and realizing new chapters haven't been translated since like, 2011 or something.

I'd rather read raws with separate translations these days than wait on scan groups.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Soil was really good but I'll never get to know how it ends because the people translating it dropped it and no one else has picked it up.

But while we're complaining about translators and scans and the like, I angrily shake my fist at whatever it is that stops people from redoing awfully scanned/translated chapters of well known series.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

last week was the one year anniversary of the last release of a chapter of kiichi

the loving dude translating it is in africa or some poo poo. Might as well just learn loving french and import the volumes.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ringo Roadagain posted:

last week was the one year anniversary of the last release of a chapter of kiichi

the loving dude translating it is in africa or some poo poo. Might as well just learn loving french and import the volumes.
i will give kudos to the same group for restarting and then completing the world is mine after a 1700-day hiatus

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxa0BneKsF4

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
here's a good blog with some more stuff you can get mad at if you want! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Translations that are almost correct English but fail at the most inappropriate time.

• Locked thread