Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Happy to make a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
A new thread might be good, as it would be a fresh start for the death pool. And it's kinda appropriate that every year has it's own thread and the old one gets frozen in time and entombed forever like Green Boots.

I know those summaries of the previous year's activities take a bit of effort, but they're good for getting up to speed.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

The North Tower posted:

Everest 2016: 23 and me

Everest 2016: 23 Skidoo

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ms Boods posted:

Everest 2016: 23 Skidoo

Funny you should mention skidoos

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/avalanche-mcbride-1.3426742

quote:

An avalanche near McBride, B.C., has killed five snowmobilers, say local authorities.

Avalanche Canada said it had received a report of what appears to be a "very large, significant avalanche event" in the North Rockies.

"There are layers of concern in the snowpack in many parts of this region (and others) and a fairly significant weather event added rain and snow to the snowpack over the last few days," said Karl Klassen with Avalanche Canada.

"This may have produced stresses in the snowpack capable of producing large avalanches and this condition could take several days to settle and bond."

Klassen said the avalanche was human-triggered. ​

Bunch of snowmobilers decided it was a good idea to go out even though it's been super warm and didn't think that maybe that would have loosened the snowpack a bunch.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I think it's a good idea to start a new Everest Season... thread.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Meatwave posted:

A new thread might be good, as it would be a fresh start for the death pool. And it's kinda appropriate that every year has it's own thread and the old one gets frozen in time and entombed forever like Green Boots.

I know those summaries of the previous year's activities take a bit of effort, but they're good for getting up to speed.

I'd personally vote for sticking with the old thread, just for the sake of keeping any Good Posts from ending up in the archive. Just update the OP with some links and change the thread title.

Also, "Everest 2016: Third Time's the Charm"

or possibly "Everest 2016: Extreme Queueing" and have this as the first pic in the OP

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I'm all for a new thread. I'm hiking to everest base camp this year and by god I'm gonna post about it for useless internet bragging rights for all that its worth. First goon to die from mt dew and cheetos withdrawal at everest base camp 2016 here I come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
NEW THREAD TIME great job guys.

• Locked thread