Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which is better
hardware for me
no i prefer software
View Results

• Locked thread
newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
which do you think is better? i have my own opinion but would like to hear yours, on this controversial subject

emotions associated with the word "soft": flaccid, weak, feeble, gentle, loving, sweet
emotions associated with the word "hard": turgid, strong, tough, rough, uncaring, bitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bill gates has a microsoft lol

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
hardware is for smart nerds that do cool stuff
software is for human being nerds that do horrible stuff

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

colbylol posted:

hardware is for smart nerds that do cool stuff
software is for human being nerds that do horrible stuff

ah that explains the one vote for software so far

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my vote is for neither

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i like firmware, op

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i like my computers al dente

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

software QoS on Hyper-V instances in Windows Server 2012 is really cool and good.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

perhaps the answer is somewhere in the Middleware?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
looks like a lot of people are still on the fence about this icky subject but really if you give it some thought i am sure you can decide what to vote on

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i consider hardware to be the greater art because if you gently caress up the software then you just change it, but if you gently caress up the hardware then you end up with the atari jaguar

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Sweevo posted:

i consider hardware to be the greater art because if you gently caress up the software then you just change it, but if you gently caress up the hardware then you end up with the atari jaguar

finally a motivated answer, ty sweevo

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

• Locked thread