Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Saturday running low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

So long Saturday.

Edit: And Friday

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I really should have gotten in a buying group.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Friend of mine got in and I'm going all 4 days for the first time in almost half a decade, I'm stoked.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

People who got in, did you get in the waiting room before or after they fixed the bullshit this morning?

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Dr Tran posted:

I go with a party of 3 every year, and none of us got in. If we don't get lucky during the general sale, this is the first time in 5 years we won't be going.

E: Just got in with only Sundays. Welp, closing this window.

Neraren fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 14, 2015

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
And there goes Thursday

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Neraren posted:

I go with a party of 3 every year, and none of us got in. If we don't get lucky during the general sale, this is the first time in 5 years we won't be going.

4 here and none of us got anything. Might just have to do NYCC if genreg doesn't pan out.

E: welp got in for Sunday

Soarer fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 14, 2015

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RevKrule posted:

People who got in, did you get in the waiting room before or after they fixed the bullshit this morning?

Before and then refreshed a few times to fix the various problems.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

There are two more chances. I got mine in general last year as opposed to presale, and second chance the year before, even though I was eligible for presale each year.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Sold out :(

First time in 8 years I don't have a ticket. (I know there's still a shot)

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Easy year for me. Usually a friend gets mine, but this year I got mine, his, and his friend's. Cool.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Pretty weird not getting in on pre-reg.

Open registration last year was in late February. Pro-reg a week later. Expect a repeat.

Until then, all we can do is speculate on convention center expansion.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Let's hope hotel is only as bad as it was last year but we all know the answer in our hearts

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alan Smithee posted:

speaking of proreg, how closely do they scrutinize things? I had some viral videos I worked on but my name doesn't actually appear on credits(no credits to speak of really), would oit be enough to just have them verify with the people in charge?

I'm late on this but they're really lenient, I worked in film restoration and our names didn't get into the credits (since there weren't any for the restoration team) and I just had a letter "from my boss" explaining the situation and saying if there were any questions to call. They didn't background check anything.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Yes, definitely go for pro or press if you can. Takes a lot of the worry out of things.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Have you pro app guys gotten a response yet? It doesn't make a big difference to me since Darko got my pass and I didn't apply til the last eligible day

Is it even possible to get both a pro badge and a general?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Alan Smithee posted:

Have you pro app guys gotten a response yet? It doesn't make a big difference to me since Darko got my pass and I didn't apply til the last eligible day

Is it even possible to get both a pro badge and a general?

A friend I set up got her confirmation already. Not idea if it is staggered or all at once.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone here trying for a small press table at WonderCon? I haven't heard yay or nay yet and was wondering if anyone else had.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
A luxury Comic-Con cruise, crazy pricey and it skips Sunday.
http://www.angrygoatproductions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=141&lang=en

Summary here:
http://sdccblog.com/2015/11/pop-up-resort-luxury-cruise-coming-to-san-diego-comic-con-2016/

Jarnet
Jan 7, 2007

That's insanely cool. I would really love to do that but SDCC is honestly physically and mentally exhausting enough without tacking on a second vacation in front of it. Somebody please go and report back with pictures of Yoda Yoga so I can live vicariously tia.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sounds more like a "gently caress you comic con" event. Can't wait til the overflow in Tijuana decide to make a Star Wars cantina for real

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Alan Smithee posted:

Sounds more like a "gently caress you comic con" event. Can't wait til the overflow in Tijuana decide to make a Star Wars cantina for real

This is not a bad idea.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Wondercon is now on sale. $65
March 25-27 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

http://www.comic-con.org/wca/badge-sale

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Speaking of WonderCon, I'm on the waiting list for exhibitor space (small press). Any thoughts on what my chances are of getting in, or should I consider it a lost cause and try again next year?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So I just got an approval from Comic Con for proreg, after a goon itt helped me get a general. When it rains it pours eh?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Unofficial SDCC blog is saying April 5 for Hotelpocalypse. :bang:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Time to stretch my credit cards anus

How much did a room at the mariott/Hyatt run again?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Alan Smithee posted:

Time to stretch my credit cards anus

How much did a room at the mariott/Hyatt run again?

The Marriott Marina and Hilton on the water were around $300/night. Most of the hotels right next to the convention center were around that with the Hard Rock being a little more expensive irc

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Pro reg is Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Ugh, I need to find time to whip up a new thread.

edit: new thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761881

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 27, 2016

• Locked thread